Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Today's haul:

Photobucket

5 C.com Cuans 1 Sun Grown, and the Robusto Assortment sampler, which contains a Zino Platinum Scepter Gr1and Master, 1 AVO XO Intermezzo, 1 Griffin's Robusto, 1 Zino Classic #6, and 1 Private Stock Long Filler #11
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    docbp87:
    Any one else think their Rats smell like Acids? I emailed Tim, and he is replacing mine, but I swear to god mine smells like it has been cooped up with a box of blondies for wayyyyy too long.
    Didn't have a problem with the flavor, but yeah mine did kinda smell, well I won't say like Acids, but very aromatic.
    Man, that would irritate the hell out of me. One of the reasons I still haven't picked any of these up is I just can't bring myself to pay for something in that price range made by drew estate. I've heard they're great sticks, but I just can't do it.
    I think you're missing out on a couple of good blends in the LP 9 and T52, especially the T52 given your love for a strong, flavorful cigar. I don't know that I'm sold on the limited series though, the Flying Pig was vastly overhyped in my opinion, and my preliminary opinion of the Dirty Rat is that, while definitely better than the Pig, it has been made out to be better than it really is. I'm not necessarily committed to that thought on the Rat though, I need to have a couple more before I make a firm judgment, so we'll see about that one.
    Yeah, you're probably right. I will look into a few of the T-52s the next time I order. What are your thoughts on the LP9?
    I like the #9, it's a solid cigar with a nice flavor profile, maybe medium-full strength. The T52 is more up my alley because I like a strong, spicy cigar and that one delivers in spades.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317

A little gift from SightUnseen

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    sightunseen:
    zeebra:
    Cool!!! I didnt even know you can buy boxes of those! Hell, I cant even get my hands on a flying pig or dirty rat or sloppy pork chop single!!!

Nice!!! Very jealous!! But Nice!
    Ccom is selling them now. Just email them. I just got a 5'er in and they look freaking fantastic.
    The pork chops are long gone as are the Port Tenderloins (ive got one of those). Word is that they both may be re-released in December.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    10 FFOX DC, 10 FFOX FF, & 1 Forbidden X Platinum in Tube 2005

• Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    lcpleel:

I think I'm in heaven lol That's my cigar budget times 15 lol
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    lcpleel:

Nice!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    lcpleel:

Just plain awesome.

I picked up a 5r of 601 Blue box pressed. Can't wait to try em.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    A couple 5 packs for stock and some singles I've yet to try.

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I should have reported this one a couple of weeks back, but forgot. C.COM sent out some Carlos Torano Fortress to sample. I tried one right away but it didn't perform well because of travel etc. so I put them into the humi for some rest.

I pulled another of these yesterday and wow was I surprised. These are medium bodied all the way thru. The flavours are VERY nice, with a touch of sweetness. The Nicaraguan Habano Rosado wrapper has almost no veins, is smooth and smells awesome. It has a three country filler core and these tobacco's blend very well together. This stick just did something for me. It is NOT an overly expensive stick but is one that will find a regular rotation in my humi's.

I sent out a couple of these in the last day or two so hopefully these BOTL will review these things for the forum. I suggest if you have not tried these to give them a go.

I thank C.COM and staff for sending these out. I think it was in response to a small problem with the COTMC from last month. As always you guy's sure do look after your customers. THANK YOU !
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    MAGNIFICENT!!!! From where and how much? PM me please...
  • Options
    Hawk55:
    MAGNIFICENT!!!! From where and how much? PM me please...
    RIGHT HERE !!! Check out the menu it is there. No boxes by the look of it but they have singles of all sizes.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    My CCOM order of box of 5 vegas miami robusto, box of la herencia robusto, 5 5 vegas maduros robusto.
  • Options
    Today I got a sampling of the newest blend from Avo, the Heritage blend, consisting of one of each size. Don't know yet how I want to go about smoking and comparing them yet. Also got two Avo LE '07, they look fantastic.
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    3 padilla 1932 robustos
    3 padilla miami robustos
    3 cubao no. 6's
    1 rocky patel patel brothers torpedo
    1 padilla 1948 robusto
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Today I got a sampling of the newest blend from Avo, the Heritage blend, consisting of one of each size. Don't know yet how I want to go about smoking and comparing them yet. Also got two Avo LE '07, they look fantastic.
    Is it the Heritage that is supposed to have a lot of the same tobaccos that are in the LE10? Maybe even a similar flavor profile?
  • Options
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Is it the Heritage that is supposed to have a lot of the same tobaccos that are in the LE10? Maybe even a similar flavor profile?
    I don't know, but that would be interesting if it were the case. I'll have to look into it a bit.

From what I was reading, the Heritage is more similar to the LE '09 Compa
  • Options
    Got my end of a trade with Stephen Hannibal, thanks for coming through!

Stopped in at my local B&M on the way home today and grabbed some Siglo VI's, date stamp May '05!!

• Options
    VERY NICE Diamondog. You can see the plume from here. Are there more left in your B&M? I can see the plume on them f in the picture. Would love to grab a few of these. Damn... That was quick eh? LMAO I just noticed you had just posted this :)
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    laker1963:
    VERY NICE Diamondog. You can see the plume from here. Are there more left in your B&M? I can see the plume on them f in the picture. Would love to grab a few of these. Damn... That was quick eh? LMAO I just noticed you had just posted this :)
    Me too DD! Do they have more and what would a couple cost me?
  • Options
    Re: Laker: They have 7 from that box left....send me your info plz...
  • Options
    Duder2:
    I am gonna pickup whatever they have left from that box next week, we'll talk...
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Diamondog:
    Duder2:
    I am gonna pickup whatever they have left next week, we'll talk...
    Awesome!
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Re: Laker: They have 7 from that box left....send me your info plz...
    Sent sir...
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Got 8 RP 15th, 2 of each size and 2 Ashton Ashtrays. Tim is the man!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I also see that the DVD was bought from Best Buy....
    Thanks for the Support BOTL's!
  • Options
    picked up 15 LA VIEJA HABANA, by drew estate the brazilian maduro....freaking amazing...had one at my shop...had to get way more!
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    picked up 15 LA VIEJA HABANA, by drew estate the brazilian maduro....freaking amazing...had one at my shop...had to get way more!
    Hmm, will have to look into these for my next week's cigar budget lol
  • Options
    they r super duper good......i promise
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    they r super duper good......i promise
    thanks, also added to my shopping list for when I get back to the states lol