Home Non Cigar Related

Phrases we hate to hear

We all have those lil sayings that just drive you nuts to hear. they are always used to give some non answer. My top couple are--- It is what it is... at the end of the day... Got any that drive you nuts too??

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Due to the economy. My companies way of ripping employees.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Anything to do with thinking and boxes.
    "There's your problem..."
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    NO....
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Heres how I would have handled it!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    "Having said that....."

or....."That being said...."

ARRRRGGHHHH!!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    never heard it but i'd hate to here it- "Is that it? I've smoked bigger cigars than that"
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Do as I say, not as I do.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    jhopephulle:
    We all have those lil sayings that just drive you nuts to hear. they are always used to give some non answer. My top couple are--- It is what it is... at the end of the day... Got any that drive you nuts too??
    +2 on these! I always say "It is what you make it!" & "My day hasn't ended yet."
    Really? REALLY?
    Get a vocabulary already!!!!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I despise go word "like". I have made a concerted effort to cut it out of my vocabulary. "and then he was like" "and I was like" "and they were like, yeah like...". Gaddamn!!! **** will make you wanna punch a baby. And living in CA the skeezes around here say it mo less than 10-15 times a minute!
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    ----As to the weather----"Cold enough for ya today?"

----As to places we gamble, to the man leaving---"Leave any money in there for the rest of us?"
    Jetmech_63:
    I despise go word "like". I have made a concerted effort to cut it out of my vocabulary. "and then he was like" "and I was like" "and they were like, yeah like...". Gaddamn!!! **** will make you wanna punch a baby. And living in CA the skeezes around here say it mo less than 10-15 times a minute!
    Jet I was at a buddies place and overheard a conversation between his wife and someone she was talking to on the phone. It was driving me nuts! I had to leave the room.

Then a friend's daughter who is 19 was telling a story and same thing, like was almost every other word. For this same reason I do not watch many of the reality tv shows out there because it is in the "main stream media". I can not stand it!!!!
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I have a headache.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I can't stand it when they put together two peoples names that are an item like Brad and Angelina. The media thinks they are so clever. Brangelina, Bennifer, etc... Or things like A-Rod and K-Rod!
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    When I was younger and waited too long to make my move on the cute girl- "oh, how sweet, but I love you like a brother"

Doh!

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    "I'm late...." lol
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    "What would you do if..."
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We need to talk..."
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Well, anywho... What can I do you for...
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    "just for sh_its and giggles" ............. has ANYONE ever done ANYTHING in the history of mankind just for "Sh_its and giggles" ... I'm just sayin ...
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    gmill880:
    "just for sh_its and giggles" ............. has ANYONE ever done ANYTHING in the history of mankind just for "Sh_its and giggles" ... I'm just sayin ...
    I went to Thompson's once, does that count?

I hate any phrase that includes hella, makes me want to join Vinny on a baby punching crusade.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Bend over and cough!
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Theres more than 1 way to skin a cat. Really? Name two, and why in the hell are you skinning a cat?
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    "Just sayin'" and "I'm just sayin'" No **** you're saying it, you just said it. And why do you need to say that after you said it, because you have no good reason to say it?
    Light 'em up.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    When someone says something is "wicked cool" or "wicked good" or something is "wicked nice"... Or any other word with "wicked" in front of it!!!!!!!!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    JZ:
    Theres more than 1 way to skin a cat. Really? Name two, and why in the hell are you skinning a cat?
    1) from head working your way down to its tail end.
    2) after gutting it by slicing from nave to chops, from the middle working your way to either end.

why?
    Cat: the other white meat

• ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    "I just want to be friends...."

"It's not you it's me..."

Git 'er done"

"Can I borrow _____" With the full knowledge that they'll never give it back...

"Are those real?" I mean if you have to ask, the answer is probably No.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    You're just going to feel a little pressure....