Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kaspera79:
    Today was a Rocky Patel- Patel Brothers. The Pennsylvania Broadleaf Maduro really makes this one unique. I just read that the blend has been changed (S.O.B ! ) to a Habano wrapper in what is called Patel Brothers Next Generation. I sure hope they continue with the Penn. broadleaf as this is what I was searching for. Burn, construction, and flavor profile are excellent, a box worthy cigar for me.
    sounds like it'll change. better stock up.
    Yeah, I'm afriad of that. This would not be the first time I fell in love with a cigar and it was either discontinued, limited edition, or re-blended. I'm still in mourning over the La Aurora 1495/ 1994 Cameroon Corona. The Rocky Patel Winter 2009, and even my long time favorite Nordings are not the same. A testament to buy a box and hang on to them.. The problem there is they mature past the point you enjoyed them most.
    Hey kas, I can definitely understand and appreciate your concerns about a blend you like being changed or discontinued. In regards to the Patel Bros., don't write the Next Generation off too quickly...I'm smoking my first one right now and I've gotta say it's nice, robust but smooth and balanced. I too hope they keep making the PA broadleaf version, but this one isn't too shabby.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kaspera79:
    Today was a Rocky Patel- Patel Brothers. The Pennsylvania Broadleaf Maduro really makes this one unique. I just read that the blend has been changed (S.O.B ! ) to a Habano wrapper in what is called Patel Brothers Next Generation. I sure hope they continue with the Penn. broadleaf as this is what I was searching for. Burn, construction, and flavor profile are excellent, a box worthy cigar for me.
    Yeah, I'm afriad of that. This would not be the first time I fell in love with a cigar and it was either discontinued, limited edition, or re-blended. I'm still in mourning over the La Aurora 1495/ 1994 Cameroon Corona. The Rocky Patel Winter 2009, and even my long time favorite Nordings are not the same. A testament to buy a box and hang on to them.. The problem there is they mature past the point you enjoyed them most.
    Hey kas, I can definitely understand and appreciate your concerns about a blend you like being changed or discontinued. In regards to the Patel Bros., don't write the Next Generation off too quickly...I'm smoking my first one right now and I've gotta say it's nice, robust but smooth and balanced. I too hope they keep making the PA broadleaf version, but this one isn't too shabby.
    This goes back to when Rocky Patel released the Winter 2009 Blend. Maddy sent me one which I loved, then I bought all that my local shop had (6). I went online to stock-up but by this time they were gone. The Patel Brothers was the closest thing that I found to Winter 90.
    I was searching around online and read this news about the Next Generation being the sequal to the original, which only leads me to believe no more are being made. I will try the Next Generation but there is something that makes me hunt down that Penn. Broadleaf cigar.
    I saw that Alex posted about other similar cigars in another thread today, but Patel really wins my taste over when my favorite wrapper is in his hands.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Just finished up an Alec Bradley Tempus...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    kaspera79:
    This goes back to when Rocky Patel released the Winter 2009 Blend. Maddy sent me one which I loved, then I bought all that my local shop had (6). I went online to stock-up but by this time they were gone. The Patel Brothers was the closest thing that I found to Winter 90.
    I was searching around online and read this news about the Next Generation being the sequal to the original, which only leads me to believe no more are being made. I will try the Next Generation but there is something that makes me hunt down that Penn. Broadleaf cigar.
    I saw that Alex posted about other similar cigars in another thread today, but Patel really wins my taste over when my favorite wrapper is in his hands.
    If memory serves me correctly, Patel Bros was supposed to be the same as the Winter 09 blend but used a PA Broadleaf. I know how frustrating it can be to really dig a cigar and then find out it was reblended or discontinued. It would be nice if they could just leave well enough alone.
  • Options
    5 Vegas Gold... last cigar of 2010 and it was a good one.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    LFD Ligero Robusto fro the Village. Depending on the weather tomorrow night here in northern OH, it may or may not be my last cigar of the year.
  • Options
    Ironworker63Ironworker63 Posts: 185
    Had a Rocky Patel Sun Grown.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Finished last night off with an Alec Bradley family blend.
    I am not buying Alec Bradley again.
    Idk who rates his stuff so high but it is not deserved.

• Options
    Another bowl of Mac Baren dark twist.
    this is a pretty good blend.

• Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now having a 5 Vegas classic while cooking out with my dad and having some beers
  • Options
    D6. I like it.
  • Options
    Had a Camacho Triple Maduro on my trip home this afternoon...
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    Gurkha Titan while I watch the sky light up
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Didn't really feel like smoking something rare or expensive so I just had what I felt like. A Diesel Unlimited DX. Great smoke with a cup of coffee in front of a fire.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had a Padron Family Reserve 46 maduro and it was FANTASTIC!!!!
  • Options
    AF Hemmingway Work Of Art maddy...
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    In honor of a new decade, my first New Year here in Doha, and my new friend and co-worker that just got married today, I will be going to a jazz club tonight and lighting up a Camacho PE.

Cheers to all of you and a happy new year.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    Started off with a bowl of Dark Twist.
    Now I'm burning through a 5 Vegas Classic.

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Last night it was a Monte 4, today it's an Upmann Mag 46.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    didn't have my New Years stick last night. Too cold and, well, I couldn't have enjoyed it as I wouldn't have remembered it. I think I will either go with a Litto Gomez Diez Maduro Double Toro or an Anejo 60.
  • Options
    Just finished up an Ashton ESG 20 yr courtesy of RaschNuts, first one, nice potent stick, lots of flavor...
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a RP 92 this afternoon with a glass of wine..not sure what i will smoke later 2nite!
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    RP Edge Maduro.... LP Dirty Rat..... Padron 3000 Maduro.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    Finished up new years day with a Cuban fave, Trinidad robusto extra, this cigar really shines in the final 3rd...
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Litto Gomez Diez chisel. Yum
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Had a LHCOF tonight. Man this stick has gotten so much better with about 6 months of rest on it. Cant wait to see what a year does to it.
  • Options
    Capped the night with a Gurkha Ancient Warrior.
    I really liked it.

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I'll be having my first cigar of the new year this evening but I'm not sure what I want to start it off with... I have a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor, Camacho Connecticut, La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, RP Sun Grown, Intenso, or a La Traviata Maduro... Hmmmm... Choices choices. Anyone?
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Well I'll be having my first cigar of the new year this evening but I'm not sure what I want to start it off with... I have a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor, Camacho Connecticut, La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial, RP Sun Grown, Intenso, or a La Traviata Maduro... Hmmmm... Choices choices. Anyone?
    I myself, would go with either the La Traviata or the Mi Amor. Two of my favorites. For me, tonight, is a Cain F Double Toro. Maybe a Padron 3000 Maduro later.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Bolivar Royal Corona