Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    BabakiBabaki Posts: 1
    Hey what's up. I'm new. My name is Justin, I'm 29 and I'm from north Jersey. I have only recently started smoking cigars, maybe about 3-4 months, but I've become addicted to buying them!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Babaki:
    Hey what's up. I'm new. My name is Justin, I'm 29 and I'm from north Jersey. I have only recently started smoking cigars, maybe about 3-4 months, but I've become addicted to buying them!

Welcome to the forums brothers..you will enjoy your time here..I can promise you that.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Welcome Bro. and dont worry, we'll let the N. Jersey thing slide!
  • Options
    rick90rick90 Posts: 5
    Hey im Rick. I'm 21 and deployed overseas. I'm part of the DCCC.I stumbled on smoking cigars a few months back when we got here (thanks to DSWarmack) and now i cant go without one.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    rick90:
    Hey im Rick. I'm 21 and deployed overseas. I'm part of the DCCC.I stumbled on smoking cigars a few months back when we got here (thanks to DSWarmack) and now i cant go without one.
    HELL YEAH - DCCC ROCKS! Welcome to the forums Rick, hope you become a regular around here. Look forward to seeing you around the forums, and thanks for your service to our country!

• Options
    He's a little shy... it took me three days of pestering him to get online and post to the newbies thread!
  • Options
    No its more like alittle lazy.
  • Options
    a little my ass
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums... Hope your enjoying those smokes....
  • Options
    Thank you will do.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483

Hey everyone.  I belong to the DCCC; a cigar club a buddy of mine started up a while back while we are enjoying the sand and sun.  Just became a member of cigar.com near the beginning of the month.  I'm always up for suggestion as to what to try, if anyone has any. 

Morgan

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Welcome guys! Always good to see some new forum members. Also good to have some BOTL's doing such an amazing service for our country join us! Thank you all!
  • Options
    Hey guys, I've been reading a lot of posts for a while now but thought I'd introduce myself and post a little more besides the Whatcha smoking threads. I'm Brian, 30, and I live in a suburb of Chicago. I've smoked sparingly for a few years but recently bought a 125 ct humidor and now I'm hooked. I started out with a custom sampler and bought some pretty full bodied smokes (MOW Ruination, Padilla 1932, etc, to name a few). I decided to go on the daily deal a couple weeks ago for the Ccom house labels and I've been working my way through those from most mild to full. So far my favorites would have to be Diesel and Ccom Brazilian Label. I'm still waiting to smoke some of the finer sticks in my original sampler. I'd say I'm on the site about 10 times a day, mostly at work. I'm addicted to checking the daily deals and if I had jumped at all the ones I wanted to I'd be broke by now. The hardest part is living in the midwest and having to deal with the crappy weather. If I lived in a warmer place I'd be outside every day with a smoke. Now I'm out about 3 times a week. Hope to get to know alot of guys here better in the future. Thanks for all the advice I've read about already, and I'm sure I've plenty more questions soon.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome Brian. Hope to see you around more, this really is a great bunch of guys, more than an internet forum, this is truly a community of cigar lovers.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    just figured I'd bump this up so the new guys know where to go . . .

not that its a big deal when people start a new thread, but it would keep the clutter down a little.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree. I'm starting to have a hard time keeping track of all the newbies.
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be made a sticky so it'll stay on top

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Hey guys, new to posting but have been reading the forums for quite some time now. From the Northern Cal. area (sacramento). Usually look for fuller cigars (Camacho, Padron, Tatuaje, etc.) but you know how that goes will try anything once, well almost anything. Huge sports fan, I'll watch almost anything realted to sports. excited to be here and contribute to others and willing to learn as much as I can about cigars.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Didn't see this before, anyway let me introduce myself, I'm about 7 months in to really buying cigars, I tried my first cigar in Cancun Mexico a few years back I remember it was a cohiba, anyway im really enjoying this hobby and right now I'm in a try anything/ everything stage
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    big chunks:
    ...../ I'm in a try anything/ everything stage
    .. Wow, so am I, for the past seventeen years. Welcome to the group.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Great idea Joe. I just posted last night and am a newcomer on the forum as far as posting. I am 28, live in the StL, Missouri area. Looking forward to doing some trading/passing/bombs etc. If there are any members in the StL area it might be good to get together sometime.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Bombay:
    Hey guys, new to posting but have been reading the forums for quite some time now. From the Northern Cal. area (sacramento). Usually look for fuller cigars (Camacho, Padron, Tatuaje, etc.) but you know how that goes will try anything once, well almost anything. Huge sports fan, I'll watch almost anything realted to sports. excited to be here and contribute to others and willing to learn as much as I can about cigars.
    I see I have a fellow sports fanatic. Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Lakota72:
    Bombay:
    I see I have a fellow sports fanatic. Welcome to the forum!
    Well I am a Toronto Maple Leafs fan... kinda tells you what I know about sports eh? LOL
    JK I love sports, particularly Womens Beach Volleyball.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all of the new brothers.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    I completely missed this thread and have been posting sparingly over the last few months.

I am about 7 months into buying/storing cigars. I have always enjoyed smoking cigars, but didn't do so often b/c I could never quite match up a trip to a B&M to a time when I knew I could smoke. I honestly didn't realize how inexpensive it is to set up a modest humidor and buy/store them for when I get the chance to catch a smoke. I do most of my work once the child (soon to be children) is asleep or at the golf course. I have found the info on this forum to be invaluable as I figure out what kinds of cigars I really enjoy. Thanks for all of the effort in collecting/posting all of the helpful tips and stored knowledge.

Lastly, I started with a 100ct humi and I can't stop buying. With a shipment from Tim that I should get today, I am going to have to move some to a tupperador. I am so weak.
  • Options
    SpazzSpazz Posts: 22
    Heyo, Ron here Started about this april after having a really wierd dream about smoking cigars. Went up to the local walk in humi here in dover after and allday research-a-thon and grabbed five to give it a try. Needless to say days later I had already order a humi that was to small and found this wonderful website. I've read alot of old post and that has stopped me from posting any newbie question hence this is my first post to say hey.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    My name is Rodney Beckom. I like so many others in my age group, I am overwhelmed with ailments. I got into cigars to escape reality somewhat. I thoroughly enjoy my two hour mini-vacations. Consumed with the rich taste and smell of A good cigar, A man can forget his troubles for A while.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Hello. My name is Justin, just recently as in last 2 months picked up my first cigar. So still new and trying to find out what I like. Bought a 50 count humidor cuz I wasn't planning on buying or smoking alot. As of today that humidor is almost full. Lol.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Welcome new brother.
    hope you stay and enjoy.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the new additions to our group. Now let's all go buy a cooler...a big one.