Home Cigar 101

Pleasing the wife...

I figured a subject like that would get a few looks... :)

Just curious on how you all go about getting back to a "kissable" state after a smoke? My wife hates the smell and I can't seem to get rid of it. Any great mints, mouthwash, etc to try?

Thanks,
Scott

Comments

• Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    ScottU:
    I figured a subject like that would get a few looks... :)

Just curious on how you all go about getting back to a "kissable" state after a smoke? My wife hates the smell and I can't seem to get rid of it. Any great mints, mouthwash, etc to try?

Thanks,
    Scott
    38 years of being married to the same lady, she still hasnt gotten used to the cigar breath, , I give her a few more years then she will stop complaing about it !
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    LOL. I typically wash my hands and gargle with listerine. Not only is it pleasing to her it actually makes your experience healthier.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    All my years smoking cigars, I have yet to find something that takes care of the problem. I usually brush and rinse with listerine but thta only lasts a little while. I usually have cigar breath and that taste in my mouth for 24 hours no matter what I do.
    Also another thing Scott. How long have you been married? You titled this "Pleasing the wife..." I haven't even been married that long but I'm aware that pleasing her is a pipe dream. lol
  • My wife doesn't mind so much, but I try everything to limit the smell and a cigars lingering effects. I wash my hands thourougly, rinse my mouth with mouth wash, brush, and/or eat or drink something that is just as robust as cigars, like milk products.
  • I take a shower, brush my teeth, and tell her to deal with it when she complains. Then, normally, i get told to go sleep on the couch or in the guest room with our puppy. It's a loose loose situation.
    jaytothen:
    It's a loose loose situation.
    You really shouldn't have told us this much about your wife. ;)
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    I'm aware that pleasing her is a pipe dream. lol
    It's not a dream any more, Maddy.. They've got pills for your pipe now ;)

To the OP, just give her something to put her lips on that hasn't done any smoking. If you're really good, maybe you both could be smoking at the same time.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Everytime my wife complains i remind her that this hobby beats the hell out of **** other women...

It's all about perspective :)
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

To the OP, just give her something to put her lips on that hasn't done any smoking. If you're really good, maybe you both could be smoking at the same time.
    NOW, THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

I have actually accomplished this ... you?
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

I have not, but I'm sure I can accomplish it this weekend.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

no comment
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    bbc020:
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

no comment
    Bill?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

no comment
    lol, why wait till the weekend? =)

Well mine doesn't really bug me about it too much. I don't smoke everyday, usually on the weekends. When I do she usually drinks so it's not that bad, but if I'm doing it in the day I try to rinse, and brush. But I've found if I drink a dark lager it usually takes the badness with it. Though I tend to find smokes that leave a soft taste instead of that bad nastyness.
  • cubbychubbycubbychubby Posts: 29
    My wife is a super smeller (she has the ability to detect when I've smoked a cigar within a 72 hour window - not kidding). The best thing I can do...besides shower, brush, gargle, cologne) is to scrape my tongue. From the dentist they have "scrapers", and they do a pretty good job of removing much of the evidence of my addiction, lol.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

No... nor will I, I'm sure. She hates it.

The answer to your next question: Both.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

It doesn't count if you have to pay for it.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:

No... nor will I, I'm sure. She hates it.

The answer to your next question: Both.
    It was my birthday and my wife doesn't mind either one. Works well for me.
  • wrobowrobo Posts: 9
    As far as the wife and the smell of tobacco on the breath, why not invite her to partake in smoking a cigar with you? Somehow, I managed to get my wife to take a few puffs on a few cigars and now she actually enjoys them. There is many a night where she joins me in the garage to share a smoke. Now - I need to find a way to convince her to go out on her own and purchase me a few sticks ;-) As far as the complex dual smoking maneuver - I am doubting that will happen anytime soon ;-) Might suggest it though (and probably get the old you can kiss my *ss reply). That being said - the worst thing that can be said is NO (lol).
  • kardar2kardar2 Posts: 43
    what really helps me is oranges if I am at work I eat a apple ( which helps to clean your teeth) and a orange the citrus really helps. I will rub a piece of an orange on my mustache and then wash. I have found out after you wash your hands use hand sanitizer it has alcohol.
  • Whoo! GO CHEFS!
  • Sorry, Football season. Got a little excited.
    "Hey, that's great... but who are the Chefs?"

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    dutyje:

my favorite team....they don't play football, but they can cook my dinner anytime!
    dutyje:

With Pioli at the head and after the last two devastating seasons the Chiefs have decided to drop the 'i' from their name to emphasize the old mantra, "there is no I in team". However, Larry Johnson immediately pointed out that there is a me in team and the problems with the Chiefs last year was "me wasn't there".
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

With Pioli at the head and after the last two devastating seasons the Chiefs have decided to drop the 'i' from their name to emphasize the old mantra, "there is no I in team".
    "There ain't no 'we', either."
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

With Pioli at the head and after the last two devastating seasons the Chiefs have decided to drop the 'i' from their name to emphasize the old mantra, "there is no I in team".
    I miss those ads :)

As a side note, if anybody is still having trouble pleasing his wife, feel free to have her give me a shout.
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

As a side note, if anybody is still having trouble pleasing his wife, feel free to have her give me a shout.
    WP would've gotten a good laugh from that one.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

Me, too. Though I can't remember what they were for. Beer?