Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

How good is your palate? And how well do you trust it?

124»

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    Glad you posted Oz. I was getting ready to move ahead without you, but I'll give you more time now that you're back. Yeah man, life would be a lot simpler if we didn't have to work...I need to start playing the lottery or marry a really old, really rich woman with no relatives.
    Hell, I'd settle for a Old Rich MAN as well...
    I'd think of it as just being a Male Prostitute but with Extra hefty I.O.U.s
    As long as the will was legit...
  • Options
    Ok, this has gone on long enough. Oz, I'm sorry, but I'm carrying on without you. Reviews will be posted this afternoon. I'd still like to see your reviews/guesses if you want to do them Oz.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Reviews will be posted this afternoon.
    *** YES!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Stick #1:

Prepped the palate by drinking water and eating an orange around 1 hr before having the cigar. Great smelling dry maduro. Well balanced in the hand and has a great tobacco smell coming from it straight out of the cellophane. Upon tasting the pre-light draw after cutting with my MOW 2 blade guillotine cutter, the draw is hard but feels manageable with very little taste to it. Just some well aged tobacco flavors. Stick lights great and has a perfect burn. Draw is getting harder. I am pulling some flavors of spice and cedar in the first third of the cigar. The flavors develop into a nice earthy flavor for the next third. The draw is still rough but I am pulling a good amount of smoke out of the cigar. The last 2 inches the cigar turns kind of bitter and this only gets more pronounced the further down I smoke it. I put the stick down with about 1.5 inches left. Good smoke that I def want to have again. The draw issues seemed to come from too much tobacco being in the cigar not any plug issues.

Country of Origin:Dominican Republic
    Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva - Maduro
    Vitola:8-5-8 Flor Fina, 6 X 47
    alienmisprint:
    Cigar #1:

Pre-light: This cigar really has some heft to it, especially for its size. It has a nice, robust tobacco smell and is very firm, but with a little give. Punched it with my large-gauge punch, draw is perfect; easy flow with just a bit of resistance.

Initial Light-up through first inch: I immediately noticed a toasty flavor, and after a few puffs picked up a almond taste on the finish. After a little bit, this subtle sweetness emerged, but not overpowering y any means. It starts off very smooth.

First inch to about the halfway point: The toastiness subsides a good bit, with a cocoa taste taking its place. Again, the sweetness there isn't overpowering, its just enough to keep the smoke very smooth. I also start picking up a leathery character, but with none of the dryness I normally associate with the leather flavor. Very nice.

Halfway in: The draw started tightening up on me at about the halfway point, so I poked it and it cleared right up. Back to being a perfect draw witn volumes of smoke. Still getting the leather with a bit of sweetness, and some woody notes are beginning to develop.

Last half: The cocoa is still there, really taking the front now. I did pick up a distinct caramel flavor on two or three puffs, then it disappeared as quickly as it showed up. The dominant flavor is definitely the cocoa now, but the leather is still there underneath it all.

Overall: Total time was just under an hour, not bad at all for a corona. It was an enjoyable cigar, but not sure if its something I would need to keep stocked at all times. My final guesses are:

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
    Brand: no idea, but it does strike me as something by Don Pepin Garcia, just as a guess, Cabaiguan
    Vitola: 6 x 46, Corona Gorda
    klgoldman:
    Pre-Light:

This cigar features some great construction. Nice firm even roll. It has a nice oily maduro wrapper, slightly veiny.
    Post-cut draw is firm, but not too firm. I don't forsee an issue with this.

1st 3rd:

Initial draw reveals a mellow smoke with a meaty tobacco flavor. I pick up a floral type sweetness on the retrohale and very slight cedar notes on the finish.
    So far I would say this is a medium strength smoke. Burn is flawless, ash holds on for about 1 3/4 inch.

2nd 3rd:

The meaty tobacco is still a constant, which is nice. I feel like this cigar may have some age on it...
    I'm now getting a slight cocoa taste on the finish. The floral sweetness has all but disappeared.
    Strength has picked up slightly, now getting a small black pepper tingle in the back of the throat.

Last 3rd:

So far all flavors have been very subtle and mellow. The meaty tobacco has been the main attraction here which doesn't change in the last third.
    Strength is still the same as it was late into the 2nd 3rd. Burn throughout has been perfect.
    Overall, not a very complex smoke, but a tasty one.

I tend not to time cigars. When I do I either smoke them way too fast, or way too slow. If I had to guess, I would say this burned for about an hour and a half.

Now the hard part.

If my gauge is accurate, this is a 6 x 45 stick.
    I feel like I recognize this cigar, but as mentioned earlier I think this one may have some age to it.

So here's my guess:

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra in the Ebano vitola. Which would make this Honduran.
    Lasabar:
    Mystery Stick 1:

I had some Pasta and Garlic Bread about 1.5 hours before smoking, pairing with Miller Lite :)

Cigar looks to be about 6" and about a 47mm ring guage (maybe 48) I'd say it's a double corona.

Looks to be a Maduro, very rough and tumble. Initial smell is rich and earthy. Cut proves a tight draw, but some cocoa/chocolate come through. Very nice cigar feel as it looks rough but has some weight and a good aroma. Cuts very well, the maduro is hearty.

Light with single torch butane. One side is a little *** and doesn't like to play nice while the other side is burning right along. The draw is tough, I squeeze the head to try to loosed the draw and the head is very tough and very firm. It does has some slight give to open up the smoke, but there seems to be a little issue .

After the initial lighting the burn evens out and goes pretty straight. The cigar settles in with some nice leather and coffee flavors, and the flavors are somewhat nice (not burnt coffee) there is a distinguished spice left on the tongue. It's a slow burner, as I'm typing and not paying attention to puffing the cigar is slowly and effortlessly burning. Lots of smoke and spice. I think I have a hunch as to what it is, but each puff I either think I'm right, or way off...

Through the nose the smoke bellows and leaves a coffee ground bouquet. The spice has somewhat subsided so that's why I'm getting thrown off a little... At first I thought it was a Rocky Patel EDGE in a special vitola, but now I'm just not sure... My first cigar was an EDGE and I just remember it being one dimensional and spicy. This one has started with a kick, then gone coffee, I get hints of leather/wood. So now I don't know what to think. Since I've been smoking for awhile I've never revisited the EDGE. Could it just be my palate has become refined and now I can notice subtle things? Did my dinner of garlic and sauce prepare my tongue and mute the spiciness? Or is this damn thing not an EDGE? My next guess would be a Cu-Avana Intenso, I have no idea why, but that's just seemingly what the cigar kinda looks like to me as I cannot recall the EDGE in this size before.

I try an experiment and smoke a little faster. I remember in the early smoking days that I tended to smoke faster. I puff a good three big puffs, heat up the smoke like I probably used to and took a draw, let out 3/4ths of the smoke and the rest of it through my nose. BOOM The spice is back and all I can think about is Rocky Patel Edge. Maybe it's just tobacco being too warm, but I had a mini flashback at the time. I think the tobacco is Honduran, and it does remind me of some other Hondurans as well (that I can recall)

HOLY ***!!!!

Brief pause in the smoking for I was just admiring the nigt air and looked above me and this HUGE **** spider was in a web that took up 1/4th my patio door and it was right above my head!!! I grabbed a Sandal, turned on the porch light incase the sumbitch fell down and ran, and then smacked the *** out of it over the railing down three stories... *SHIVERS* That freaked me out..

Back to smoking:
    After the second 1" ash the cigar is still smoking beautifully and the taste is still the coffee and leather. It goes from a deep burnt coffee to a subtle coffee. I feel that this is due intently on the heat of the smoke and is to my own accord. The spice is there, but very subtle, so I'm still stuck on an edge, but I'm going on my memory from about 4 years ago (give or take). Could it be that I always overheated my smoke and that's why in my first year as a smoker I always thought that TONS of cigars had that coffee/burnt coffee flavor? Is it just the maduro has that chocolate/coffee and I was just puffing on my cigar like a Male Lady GaGa impersonator at Pride Fest? Hmmmm... I put way too much thought into that last comment. Time for another Puff.

ARGH! The coffee has left for the time and rich leather is there... The Edge wasn't like this...... was it?

The cigar is a good smoke! Not what I've been smoking lately, the flavors are very nice and the aftertaste isn't brutal but does fill the mouth subtly. (Did I use that word right?)

The cigar is a smooth operator and tasty to boot! I still keep going to EDGE, but that could just be me... I'm not so sure anymore, but I couldn't tell you about it if it was a different one. Even in the last third the spice is there, just not as pronounced that i would have thought.

I am basically stumped but here are my guesses:
    6x47
    Double Corona
    Rocky Patel Edge Maduro
    Honduran Tobacco

er.... um..... sure?

Stick #1: Cohiba XV 645.
    Origin: Dominican Republic.
    Dimensions: 6" x 45

enfidl: 1pt
    alienmisprint: 0pt
    kgoldman: 0pt
    Lasabr: 0pt (almost got a point for entertainment value)
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Stick #2:

Prepped my palate just as I did with the first cigar, an orange about an hour before and water. This cigar has a nice rich brown wrapper that reminds me of a medium chocolate or medium shade coffee bean. I decided to do this review on my drive home from work as I was approaching my car I realize I forgot my cutter, luckily I had just enough nail to undo the loose cap on the stick. I notice a very small green piece of tobacco in the middle of the filler. The pre-light draw is delicious, I was pulling very rich classic tobacco flavors. Upon lighting, with matches that I keep in the herf-a-dor as I forgot my lighter as well, I get hit with spice and pepper on top of the tobacco flavors from the pre-light draw. Throughout the first third I can feel the power of this thing in my gut as the spice and pepper build. The draw is excellent and the smoke is very thick and chewy. The second third sees a huge drop in the spice and pepper and develops into a nice earthy and leathery flavor. At about the half way point I start picking up a flavor and profile that is very reminiscent of some ISOM's I have had as well as the Camacho PE. This flavor, I don't know how exactly to describe it, builds and marries up nicely with the earthy and leathery flavors that were already prominent before hand and this is how it finishes. This was a fantastic cigar with tons of flavor, nice complexity, full flavored and bodied. Excellent smoke that I would recommend to anybody looking for a great full bodied smoke.

Country of Origin: Honduras
    Cigar: Camacho Coyolar Puro
    Vitola: Super Toro, 6.5 X 52
    alienmisprint:
    Pre-light: First thing I notice is how light this cigar is. It appears to be about 6.5 x 52, and it is alot lighter than I would expect it to be. Draw is very light, with a distinct vanilla taste.

Initial light-up to about 1 1/2":I got a damp earthiness with some black cherry on the finish. Not a bad start, the smoke is very smooth. It takes a few puffs to get a volume up, but once you do it is a nice, thick, white cloud.

1 1/2" to about halfway: I got a little black pepper for a few minutes, it was barely noticeable though. the earthiness and cherry flavors seem to have melded together adn also taken on a smoother quality. At this point it isn't very complex at all, but it is pleasant.

Halfway to 2/3 in: Start picking up a roasty flavor, begins taking on some nutty qualities. Almost like roasted hazelnuts, but it is very faint, underneath that simplistic flavor that was already there.

With a little over 1/3 left, it started getting pretty warm. I slowed down some, and did pick up some sweet coffee notes, but it just ended up getting too soft and warm to be enjoyable. I ended up setting it down with a little over an inch left. Total time was about an hour and 15 minutes. Pleasant experience, but again, not something I would search out.

Country of origin: Nicaragua
    Brand: something by A.J. Fernandez
    Vitola: 6.5 x 52, Toro
    klgoldman:
    Pre-Light:

This 6.5 x 52 cigar features a great looking reddish brown wrapper. Construction seems good with a firm even pack. Post cut draw is rather earthy and slightly spicy.

1st 3rd:

Inital puff reveals a great smooth tobacco taste with a nice black pepper punch on the finish. I'm picking up some good leather and cedar tones on the retrohale.
    About half way through this third the spicyness and strength picks up.
    Ash holds on just before the 2nd 3rd.

2nd 3rd:

Flavor profile is pretty much the same. The spicyness on the finish is longer and some bitterness kicks in. Strenth is steadily picking up at this point.
    About half way in a cocoa type sweetness is poking through the pepper...this makes for a nice balance.
    The burn to this point has been good. I've not had to touch this up at all.

Last 3rd:

Strength has evened out and the peppery finish is still being enjoyed. Initial flavors are getting toasty, almost like the smell of grilled cedar planks.
    I nub this one with about an inch and a half left. It's getting a little too mushy and warm for my liking.

I would say this smoked for about two hours.

The flavor profile and construction on this one screamed Rocky Patel to me.
    With that said, my guess for this one:

Rocky Patel Sun Grown Toro. From Honduras with the Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper.
    Lasabar:
    Mystery Stick No. 2

7x52 if I'd reckon...

It's a TORO of the sorts, nice brown and consistent wrapper, smells of rich wood and chocolate and earth. Very hefty in the hand and well done. It has the triple cap and the head is a little flat.

Cut with a Palio Cutter and lit with a single torch Xikar and enjoyed with some Miller Lite in a can. Classy, I know.

First draw prelight is okay, a little tough but not plugged, the cigar outside tastes rich and smooth, can't quite place it but I'd go back to my earlier earth and woodiness. Very Pleasant.

Initial light has some spice on the tongue and a nice aftertaste. Well balanced, but a kick to it!

Now like the last cigar, my gut is telling me something, but I'm not sure. With the triple cap, with the earthiness and with the build and flattened head... My gut says it's Cuban, although the faint aroma triggers the ones I have in my Humi, it's not a POW right in the face like I've had otherwise. But the same aroma is in each cuban cigar so I can say that out of the cello it reminds me of that... But the fact that it's IN cello throws me off... Was it put there for the test? I would say no, because the cello is yellowed meaning the cello has been on a cigar for awhile, but , who knows, maybe the curator of this test is a sadistic ahole... Nonetheless, the cigar for the first inch is tasty, spicy with a muted leather and woodiness. Either way!

I may have ruined the test by getting this thought in my head, but the subtle aftertaste that a cuban has and the flavor is also drawing me to it as well... BLAH!

The spice is muted now and rich creamy smoke of leather and wood. Very nice and still swaying me towards a Cuban. Now it's getting distinct. Very relaxing and smooth now though. If it picks up spice halfway through then I knwo DAMN well it's a Cuban and a Partagas!

The first third was a bit spicy but I would suspect mainly from the lighting of it, but it mellowed out and was rich and creamy and smooth. Very enjoyable and very familiar if I am thinking correctly. Very nice smoke and a bit daunting as many Cubans are a smaller ring and shorter stick, but I'm doing my best to think of it!

The second third is still smooth, but I may be depicting the spice kicking up. After another ash the spice is still muted, but has come back tastefully. The stick is still a good one, very mellow and tasty.

ANNNNNNND another WTF moment while smoking a cigar I'm reviewing, there are about 6 different apartment complexes around my place and for the last 10 minutes a neighbors smoke alarm has been going off. Kind of alarming, for I've set my alarm off before, but just wave a towel and it's over.. they have been going for 10 minutes. Oh well, not my building, so either they are drunk and dumb, or I get to see a great show soon!

Okay, last third. The spice didn't pick up quite like my Partagas Serie D No. 4s have, but it's on a comeback. Maybe the longer stick proves less spice/harshness but it's still good. The wood aftertaste has really kicked into gear and the burn has started to go goofy. A quick little touch up with the torch and that should fix it.

I purge and let it sit for a bit, but BOOM the spice is here! (P.s. there is now yelling echoing across the pond, so either the fire was many drunk people or many drunk people and one sleeping girlfriend who is now PISSED!) The cigar is not harsh or tasting like burnt tobacco, but the spice is increasing and the woody aftertaste is lingering with spice and more earth/dirt I guess I would say.

The last third is a bit more spicy, but not overbearing and has a rich tobacco earthy flavor. It sits heavy on the tongue and some can be contributed to the hot leaves and the last bit just getting harsh, but not like most cigars that I have to put down, the flavors are still present and the harsh isn't over bearing. I continue to smoke as the cigar changes. Burn has become an issue, it is not staying lit for I'm trying to dance around the harsh/rest ti mes so it is going out for I'm slowing my smoking.

And the guess:
    7x50 Toro
    Cuban tobacco
    Cuban filler
    Cuban everything
    If I had to guess I'd say a Partagas Luisitaina... (Spelling?)

Stick #2: Don Pepin Garcia Tabacos Baez Serie H Monarcas
    Origin: Nicaragua
    Dimensions: 6.5" x 52

enfidl: 0pts
    alienmisprint: 1pt
    kgoldman: 0pts
    Lassy: 0pts
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Stick #3:

Prepped my palate the same way as usual. An orange about an hour before and then only drank water. This stick is the smallest of the bunch but smells great and looks even better. Upon cutting with my mow guillotine cutter I take a prelight draw and the draw is excellent and flavors are barely noticeable only a small woody hint do I detect. This stick had a great burn and draw the entire way through. The flavor profile stayed the same, is is by no means a bad thing. It had a wonderful old world taste imho and it was woody with a hint of earth and leather. Fantastic smoke!br>
    Country of origin: Cuba
    Romeo y Julieta Tubos No. 2
    Vitola:Petit Corona, 5 x 42
    alienmisprint:
    this was by far my favorite of the three. It really didn't seem to shift for me very much, so instead of doing a section-by-section review, I'm just going to do an overall one.

I noticed right off the bat that there was a great deal of creaminess, and I picked up some sweetness pretty soon into it as well. As the cigar progressed, it took on characteristics of coffee, but the dominant flavor was that sweet creaminess pretty much throughout the stick. Occasionally I would detect bits of caramel and maybe toffee. It had perfect draw and burn the entire time, excellent construction.

Overall, this is definitely a cigar I want more of, and I believe I had had it before. I believe it was a Cameroon, but that's just a guess based on the natural sweetness of it.

Country of Origin: Nicaraguan
    Brand: Again, this is the hardest question to answer. I swear I have had this cigar before, or at least something really close. Maybe a My Father Cedros Deluxe?
    Vitola: 5 x 48, Corona
    klgoldman:
    Pre-Light:

Firm, even pack. Light barnyard aroma. Milk Chocolate brown wrapper, slightly lumpy.I believe this is a 5 x 45 stick, but I can't seem to trust my gauge. Either way, it's a nice looking corona.

1st 3rd:

Nice mellow flavors of sweet leather and tobacco. Medium strength from the start. Draw is a little on the firm side. Not getting a ton of smoke output.

Slight spice in the back of the throat half way through 1st 3rd. Very short finish.

2nd 3rd:

Strength picks up ever so slightly. Still a nice sweet leathery flavor with some cedar notes on the retrohale. Spiciness is still there, albeit very minimally and only on the finish.

Draw is opening up nicely at the half way mark.

Last 3rd:

Strength is still a nice medium. The main flavors of leather and cedar are still present now with a nice toasty finish.

This was a very pleasurable smoke and happens to be in my favorite vitola. I enjoyed this one for about 45 minutes to an hour.

While this was my favorite of the bunch, I'm stumped as to what it is. At this point I can't even take a guess. I do believe the wrapper is Habano and if I had to guess a region, I would say Dominican.
    Lasabar:
    Mystery Stick No. 3

Corona size
    Maybe habano or corojo wrapper.

I'd say 5" and 42 ring guage. Initial thoughts are a nice cigar with one water spot on it. Smells woody and of cedar but it was wrapped in a cedar sleeve. No cello... Either another throw off tactic or just it didn't come with a cello. Cut with a Palio cutter and the initial draw is.... empty... The prelight draw is loose and tasteless. Almost of stale air or nothing, not much flavor at all right away.

Lit with a single torch Xikar and paried with the finest Miller Lite Money can buy.

First off this thing HITS ya with a punch to the jaw. Now I lit in the wind (as usual on my patio) so the first few puffs are always tougher, but oh MAN did this thing just plant a spice bomb on me!

I had to drink half a Miller Lite to kinda reset my palate, but I'm worried about this sumbitch now. A Heavy spice lingers in the mouth. I'm still just into it but I'm picking up rich coffee and the only thing I can describe as DARK leather. Not like the aromatic leathery presence I've seen before, but there's a darker flavor, not of the coffee, but something I can't quite put my tongue on.

The spice has left a bit but this cigar is an weird one. The wrapper is rugged and spotted. The burn is lopsided right away and the flavor is somewhat muted. I don't know about this one. I may think it's a cheaper stick or a second. Not that seconds are bad, but this one lacks dimension so far that the other ones have. The spice was just pure spice, but that's let off so being a smaller ring guage the lighting perhaps had a bigger factor. But the bouquet after the smoke is just... Burnt and flavorless so far. It's no Dutch Master but it's just a yard 'gar so far. The taste is just a bit.... bad.

I hadn't had anything weird to eat before it, the first smoke was pasta and garlic so a spice, but not spicy as to burn out the buds. The second smoke I had a 3rd grader's dinner with Mac N Cheese and Hot Dogs so that wasn't spicy or overbearing and tonight I had a lunchmeat sandwhich and a bagel with some cream cheese.... Again, not overbearing. The only thing I can think of is either because I smoked last night I'm not recovered yet from smoking again, or the cigar just isn't my style.

The ash doesn't hang on long at all and is very "Wispy" or weak. I just tried a touchup light around the wrapper to maybe bring in some more flavor, we'll see if that helps.

The Re-lighting gave it some more woody tones and toned down the "Nothingness" (what is this, a Neverending story reference? Yup!) But still didn't make it blow up with awesomeness.

This thing can't stay lit, can't taste good and it seems loosely filled... It's just a straight up tobacco nicotine-ish flavor that i am putting down about 2/3 of the way through.

Here's the guess:
    Corona
    5x42
    Nicaraguan tobacco with a Corojo wrapper
    I don't know a brand... but something not very expensive

Stick #3: Romeo y Julieta Tubos #2
    Origin: Cuba
    Dimensions: 5" x 42

enfidl: 8 pts
    alienmisprint: 0 pts
    kgoldman: 0pts
    Lasabar: 0pts
  • Options
    So there you have it guys, the conclusion you've all been waiting for.

Congrats to enfidl on nailing cigar #3 and taking home gold. How you nailed that one is beyond me, it's so wildly inconsistent in my experience, as can be told from the differing opinion(s). I didn't leave the band on, did I? Big Smile [:D]

Thanks for participating everyone. I had fun reading the reviews (especially Lassy's), and I hope you guys enjoyed the game.
  • Options
    SteeeeeeeeRIKE THREEEEEEEE For Lassy!!!

That's F'n weird... What's the box code on those RyJ No.2s??? I have half a box of Tubos from 2009 and I'll have to smoke one soon to see if my tongue was just burnt out or that I just now hate the half of box I now own
  • Options
    I'll have to get back to you on that Lassy, too much digging for right now. I believe it's 2009 though. I've had a couple really good ones, and several mediocre ones from that box...
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I'll have to get back to you on that Lassy, too much digging for right now. I believe it's 2009 though. I've had a couple really good ones, and several mediocre ones from that box...
    I've smoked the other half obviously, I do remember them NOT being memorable... I still believe I did like them somewhat though...
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    I've smoked the other half obviously, I do remember them NOT being memorable... I still believe I did like them somewhat though...
    Must be a bum stick then, it is Cuba after all, not exactly the best QC in the biz.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Oh crap I just saw this...wahoooo! Can't believe I won. haha no you didn't leave it on but wow I seriously can't believe I got it! Thanks again for the contest Joe, it was a ton o fun! Whoever needs my addy post here or shoot me a pm. Thanks!
  • Options
    klgoldmanklgoldman Posts: 176
    ENFIDL:
    Oh crap I just saw this...wahoooo! Can't believe I won. haha no you didn't leave it on but wow I seriously can't believe I got it! Thanks again for the contest Joe, it was a ton o fun! Whoever needs my addy post here or shoot me a pm. Thanks!
    Great job, brother. PM me your addy and I'll get something out this week to you.

This was a great experience and taught me that I need to smoke more!
  • Options
    klgoldman:
    ENFIDL:
    Great job, brother. PM me your addy and I'll get something out this week to you.

This was a great experience and taught me that I need to smoke more!
    PM inbound and thanks! This was def a very fun contest to be apart of!
  • Options
    Package going out to you today - 9405 5036 9930 0167 9440 24

Thanks again for the contest, Joe. It was a fun one.
  • Options
    klgoldman:

Thanks brother!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Elijah! Great game, thanks for putting it on, Joe. I've been in and out a lot this past week, so I missed this when it first came up. I'll get your package out Monday E.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Congrats Elijah! Great game, thanks for putting it on, Joe. I've been in and out a lot this past week, so I missed this when it first came up. I'll get your package out Monday E.
    Thanks Tony! I can't believe I won to be honest...lol Glad to see ya back in here. I know you've been busy as can be with moving and all that.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hello Guys, Sorry i was a Fail at this one..... could give you all a bunch of excuses... but basically LIFE has just got in the way and i wasnt on line or able to compltete this task.... Please send me the info of the Winner and Ill get out a package later this week.
    COngrats and WOW I was close on one but other other 2 i would have score 1-2 points.... LOL I guess My Palate needs work like my committment to finish this one.......
    Thanks jozr for the chance to compete.....
  • Options
    Good to see you back Oz. No worries, I don't hold it against you for having more important things going on in your life, and I'd hope nobody else does. If you still want to post your reviews, for **** and giggles, I'd like to see them.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Good to see you back Oz. No worries, I don't hold it against you for having more important things going on in your life, and I'd hope nobody else does. If you still want to post your reviews, for **** and giggles, I'd like to see them.
    I second all of this! I don't know how anybody could be mad, life is far more important than cigars brother. I'd love to see your reviews as well!
  • Options
    klgoldman:

klgoldman's package arrived today and man did he hook me up. Big ol Cain Daytona, Angeleos, MOW Viture Corona (haven't had it in this size yet very excited), Padilla Miami, Nica Libre Potencia and one that I know I saw in a Kelly deal but am not sure what it is but am very intrigued and very much looking forward to trying. Thanks brother!
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    klgoldman:

klgoldman's package arrived today and man did he hook me up. Big ol Cain Daytona, Angeleos, MOW Viture Corona (haven't had it in this size yet very excited), Padilla Miami, Nica Libre Potencia and one that I know I saw in a Kelly deal but am not sure what it is but am very intrigued and very much looking forward to trying. Thanks brother!

Glad they made it there safe, bro. That barber pole one is a Felipe Tres Capas.
  • Options
    Elijah, you'll have a pack coming from me as well. Have to hold off as I don't have the cigars in hand.
  • Options
    klgoldman:
    ENFIDL:
    klgoldman:

Glad they made it there safe, bro. That barber pole one is a Felipe Tres Capas.
    Oh awesome, thanks again brother!
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Elijah, you'll have a pack coming from me as well. Have to hold off as I don't have the cigars in hand.
    Thanks Joe, you don't have to do that though seeing as how you put this together and sent us sticks. Although you saying you don't have them in hand scares me, I thought you had every cigar in hand! lol
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    So got my winnings from Tony....dude destroyed me! AVO LE07, Kristoff Brittania Reserve, Cueste Rey Natural, Trinidad, Oliva Serie G, Gurkha Titan, Tarazona (local B&M cigar that Alien loves very excite to try) and a freaking Cohiba Siglo III (I believe, I'm at work so I'm going off the pic the fiance sent me). Thanks Tony!.
  • Options
    Got winnings from Joe and man did he out do himself yet again! You are one helluva bork man. Not only did he graciously hook us up with amazing sticks for the contest he hooked me up big time with these beauties:

A HUGE thanks to ya Joe!
  • Options
    Got my winnings from Lassie in and our local crazy bork tore me up just like all the others from this contest. Thanks brother they are much appreciated! Check these lovelies out: