Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some nice sticks from BigT06 today. He knew I was wanting to try the Obsidian so he sent one along with 5 more, only one of which I've had (the Cusano). Thanks Todd!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    The Kid comes back and retaliates with a huge hit. I say hit even though we traded because like most of you this BOTL cant count worth a lick. image Thanks Brother.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Got my latest order from The Beard today...

10 5 Vegas Triple A's
    10 Padilla Black Bear
    10 Padilla Golden Bear

Nice sticks there DBeckom!! Another good review on the 5Vegas.. Def one of my fav 5Vegas,,good stick!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    dbeckom:
    I got some nice sticks from BigT06 today. He knew I was wanting to try the Obsidian so he sent one along with 5 more, only one of which I've had (the Cusano). Thanks Todd!

sending stuff to you is fun! 1 day shipping! lol.

hope you enjoy those brother. That Gurkha is one of the last few I had left from a box purchase early 2008, so it's got some time on it. Nice and smooth now. I know you like maddys, so I threw it in there.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169

These are 10 custom rolled Cubans, master roller Hamlet from the Partagas factory was at a HERF I attended last night, he rolled these yesterday, pigtailed w/ shaggy foot...

• Options
    Diamondog:

These are 10 custom rolled Cubans, master roller Hamlet from the Partagas factory was at a HERF I attended last night, he rolled these yesterday...

Incredible, simply incredible DD, Love the partagas brand, however have only smoked the Dominican version. I forget DD how many cigars does one have to roll for that distinction?
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    The Kid:
    Diamondog:

These are 10 custom rolled Cubans, master roller Hamlet from the Partagas factory was at a HERF I attended last night, he rolled these yesterday...

Incredible, simply incredible DD, Love the partagas brand, however have only smoked the Dominican version. I forget DD how many cigars does one have to roll for that distinction?
    Agreed. Gorgeous cigars.
  • Options
    Diamondog:

holy crap. I haven't been this jealous in quite some time... Lol. Awesome pick up dd!!!
  • Options
    BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    Love my neighbor, a real shame she is moving away. She is an older lady and her husband passed sometime ago. He had alot of tools, pressure washer, generator, power tools, and a bunch of assorted stuff. She didnt know what to do with any of it, and his surviving daughter is in her 60s. She didnt want any of it either, so I got to go into his garage and hand pick what I wanted. The week before he passed he purchased a big green egg and tailgater. He loved my BBQ so much that he wanted me to cook him a texas style brisket on his new Big Green Egg for him. The day before he passed he knocked on my door, and I was unable to answer, my wife did. I was out due to my back so I didnt get to cook the brisket that weekend. Sadly he was blowing off his driveway the next morning, sat down to catch his breath, and died on his front lawn. She gave me all his Bbq equipment today so I am having a BBQ on my brand new egg in his honor. Goes to show you be good to thy neighbor. R.I.P Lou you were like a father to me.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    There are 3 levels of Torcedors in Cuba, Level 6, 7, 8 ....level 8 is the top, level 8 roller is one who is sanctioned to do all shapes (Complex Figurados). Most rollers never achieve level 8 even after 20+ years of rolling, there is not an amount of cigars that need to be rolled to advance but rather ability, Hamlet became a master roller in less than 4 years...
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    The Kid:
    There are 3 levels of Torcedors in Cuba, Level 6, 7, 8 ....level 8 is the top, level 8 roller is one who is sanctioned to do all shapes (Complex Figurados). Most rollers never achieve level 9 even after 20+ years of rolling, there is not an amount of cigars that need to be rolled to advance but rather ability, Hamlet became a master roller in less than 4 years...
    Thanks DD
  • Options
    my end of a trade with JudoChinX!

Just got in my end of a blind 5 with him, he sent :

Padilla Corojo Edicion Especial 2006
    5 Vegas Limitada 2010
    nub + Habano
    Diesel SHorty
    5 Vegas 'A' series

Good job JudoChinX, I am looking forward to firing these babies up!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    BlueRings:
    Love my neighbor, a real shame she is moving away. She is an older lady and her husband passed sometime ago. He had alot of tools, pressure washer, generator, power tools, and a bunch of assorted stuff. She didnt know what to do with any of it, and his surviving daughter is in her 60s. She didnt want any of it either, so I got to go into his garage and hand pick what I wanted. The week before he passed he purchased a big green egg and tailgater. He loved my BBQ so much that he wanted me to cook him a texas style brisket on his new Big Green Egg for him. The day before he passed he knocked on my door, and I was unable to answer, my wife did. I was out due to my back so I didnt get to cook the brisket that weekend. Sadly he was blowing off his driveway the next morning, sat down to catch his breath, and died on his front lawn. She gave me all his Bbq equipment today so I am having a BBQ on my brand new egg in his honor. Goes to show you be good to thy neighbor. R.I.P Lou you were like a father to me.
    Thanks for sharing that, have an extra slice of brisket for your neighbor
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I expect to get my shipment of AJ fresh rolled today!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ups damage box didnt damage the goods inside, image
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got -

10 Viaje Late Harvest
    5 Viaje Skull & Bones Fat Man
    5 Viaje Skull & Bones Little Boy
  • Options
    beatnic decided to lay a beating down, nice package man, thank you!

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice package Rick! I mean the one you sent DD, of course. LOL
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Diamondog:
    There are 3 levels of Torcedors in Cuba, Level 6, 7, 8 ....level 8 is the top, level 8 roller is one who is sanctioned to do all shapes (Complex Figurados).
    So why don't they call them levels 1,2, 3?
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Diamondog:
    The Kid:
    There are 3 levels of Torcedors in Cuba, Level 6, 7, 8 ....level 8 is the top, level 8 roller is one who is sanctioned to do all shapes (Complex Figurados). Most rollers never achieve level 8 even after 20+ years of rolling, there is not an amount of cigars that need to be rolled to advance but rather ability, Hamlet became a master roller in less than 4 years...
    Hamlet is an amazing roller, and a great friend to a lot of folks in a lot of countries. The one Hamlet I've had was among the best cigars I've had. That's a great score you got there!
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    received my viaje request in the mail today from Jsnake. This great BOTL went out of his way to help me desicover some new sticks. C4, skull and bones WMD and MOAB, late harvest and a 50/50 wlp red and threw in two extras, di fazios. looking forward to all of them.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    my end of a trade with JudoChinX!

Just got in my end of a blind 5 with him, he sent :

Padilla Corojo Edicion Especial 2006
    5 Vegas Limitada 2010
    nub + Habano
    Diesel SHorty
    5 Vegas 'A' series

Good job JudoChinX, I am looking forward to firing these babies up!
    Any time man! Enjoy!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Well since today is my birthday I bought some gifts from me to me.

I bought a box of GOF Carlito 2007 since the price was so damn good.

I also decided since I own a lots of guns but no small caliber I would buy a Ruger 10/22
    Well if one is good 2 are better.

• Options
    ShotgunJohn:

I also decided since I own a lots of guns but no small caliber I would buy a Ruger 10/22

The only thing missing is booze!
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    ShotgunJohn:

Happy Bday man! And a great way to treat yourself too, you deserve it!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the 10/22 is one of my all time favorite guns. its just quality.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    the 10/22 is one of my all time favorite guns. its just quality.
    +1 I've got one of the target models. Nothing better than shooting turtles all day for 3 bucks worth of ammo.
  • Options
    wow ShotgunJohn! Nice pickups all the way around!!!!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm about to place an order with C.Com, so I just received a nicely RE-ORGANIZED couple of humi's! Now it looks like I have room and can get moar smokes!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    wow ShotgunJohn! Nice pickups all the way around!!!!
    Thanks!!