Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    welcome to the forum everyone, this is a great group of guys with a ton of knowlege, so stick around a while, it'll be fun. Also glad to see som more BOTLs from CA joining up. . . . .
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Hello. My name is Justin, just recently as in last 2 months picked up my first cigar. So still new and trying to find out what I like. Bought a 50 count humidor cuz I wasn't planning on buying or smoking alot. As of today that humidor is almost full. Lol.
    Give it another two months, it'll be time to get another humidor or cooler. Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Might as well get this out of the way. Just found the thread and should properly introduce myself.
    I am from small town Minnesota. Only been enjoying cigars for a few months. Got a nice 100ct humidor and a 150ct set up. So far I have been doing a good job keeping under capacity.
    I enjoy the more full cigars. Maduro, Ligero, PA and SA maduro. My favorites so far.
    Oliva V
    CAO LaTriv maduro
    Macunudo maduro
    Diesel UHC
    MoW regular and Ruination.

Wishlist are the hard to find Oliva V maduro and the only in samplers MoW maduro.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Marker:
    Might as well get this out of the way. Just found the thread and should properly introduce myself. I am from small town Minnesota. Only been enjoying cigars for a few months. Got a nice 100ct humidor and a 150ct set up. So far I have been doing a good job keeping under capacity. I enjoy the more full cigars. Maduro, Ligero, PA and SA maduro. My favorites so far. Oliva V CAO LaTriv maduro Macunudo maduro Diesel UHC MoW regular and Ruination. Wishlist are the hard to find Oliva V maduro and the only in samplers MoW maduro.
    Boy, have you come to the right place. That list is very popular here. Stick around and watch the pepper bomb loving dudes enlighten you. Check out this link
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/309007.aspx
    Its an ongoing discussion of maduros.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Greetings and Salutations to all Newbies!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Welcome to our new members. Guys, stick around and post so we can all get to know you. Hope your forum experience is a fulfilling one.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Greetings fellas... Nice to see so many new members with us.
  • Options
    Howdy folks!

My name is Jody. Currently living in Winston-Salem, NC. I've been really smoking for only about 3 months. Found the site through a basic search, and so far it has been a wealth if info! I'm still trying to figure out what I like, so any suggestions is always appreciated!

I'm looking forward to learning and smoking as often as I can.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Welcome Jody.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    DeadBoxJD:
    Howdy folks! My name is Jody. Currently living in Winston-Salem, NC. I've been really smoking for only about 3 months. Found the site through a basic search, and so far it has been a wealth if info! I'm still trying to figure out what I like, so any suggestions is always appreciated! I'm looking forward to learning and smoking as often as I can.
    Welcome and many kudos for finding this thread and posting to it!!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game! A ton of knowledge and great brothers here!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    DeadBoxJD:
    Howdy folks! My name is Jody. Currently living in Winston-Salem, NC. I've been really smoking for only about 3 months. Found the site through a basic search, and so far it has been a wealth if info! I'm still trying to figure out what I like, so any suggestions is always appreciated! I'm looking forward to learning and smoking as often as I can.
    You will def learn here! Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to all of our new members, you have come to the right place
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum Jody!
  • Options
    Hey gang, Wayne F. here from S/e Pa. Thought I'd pop in and check out the forum. I love all things AJ. But I'm a huge fan of Liga 9 and 52's. The Potencia is a fine smoke, as well as Gurkha Titans, Crests and Triple Ligero's. I cant pass up a RP Decade or a Pepin JJ Robusto. The list goes on and on...so many cigars....too much time working. I look forward to hanging out 'round here, picking a few brains...passing a joke or two...and heck maybe even getting together with a few BOTL's for a herf. Til then...fire 'em up boys....
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Welcome aboard Chef!
  • Options
    Herfin'' Chef:
    Hey gang, Wayne F. here from S/e Pa. Thought I'd pop in and check out the forum. I love all things AJ. But I'm a huge fan of Liga 9 and 52's. The Potencia is a fine smoke, as well as Gurkha Titans, Crests and Triple Ligero's. I cant pass up a RP Decade or a Pepin JJ Robusto. The list goes on and on...so many cigars....too much time working. I look forward to hanging out 'round here, picking a few brains...passing a joke or two...and heck maybe even getting together with a few BOTL's for a herf. Til then...fire 'em up boys....
    Welcome. Nice to have ya!
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Welcome!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome brother. Somehow I missed this thread. Good idea.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    welcome, hang around.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Dan from the suburbs of Buffalo, NY. Always wanted to enjoy a good cigar more regularly, so I took the plunge and ordered my COTM subscription and a nice humidor. Really excited!
  • Options
    Welcome Dan.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to ALL, Please stick around and share some viewpoints and ask all your questions!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Welcome to ALL, Please stick around and share some viewpoints and ask all your questions!
    I see our population is growing...Welcome to you.
  • Options
    dtflick:
    Hello everyone. I'm Dan from the suburbs of Buffalo, NY. Always wanted to enjoy a good cigar more regularly, so I took the plunge and ordered my COTM subscription and a nice humidor. Really excited!
    Welcome to the forum, Dan!
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    I've been on the forums for several months now but didn't know until recently that it's a party foul not to post the "I'm a Noob!" thread. So, here it is.

I am active duty Air Force currently deployed to Al Udeid. I am a mechanical engineer by trade and serving as a Depot Liaison Engineer for AFCENT. If there are any BORKs in the area, look me up! I'll provide the cigars. {:-)

Cheers to all!

JDE

• Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    JonathanE:
    I've been on the forums for several months now but didn't know until recently that it's a party foul not to post the "I'm a Noob!" thread. So, here it is.

I am active duty Air Force currently deployed to Al Udeid. I am a mechanical engineer by trade and serving as a Depot Liaison Engineer for AFCENT. If there are any BORKs in the area, look me up! I'll provide the cigars. {:-)

Cheers to all!

JDE

Well, well. Let me be the first to welcome you, officially.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Hey c.com crew...My name is Eric, married with 4 kids, and I hail from Central Kentucky. Found this site a little over a month ago, and I really like what I'm seeing from everyone here. Everyone is very informative and supportive in providing their knowledge and experiences about cigars. I knew nothing about cigars before I found c.com, but now I'm hooked. Anyhow hello to all, I really appreciate what this site provides, and the wisdom you guys share.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    JonathanE:
    I am active duty Air Force currently deployed to Al Udeid.

Ah man, you're at the 'Deid!! We passed through there way back when on our way to Iraq. I remember coming back it was the first place we were allowed to drink. Those two beers never tasted so good!
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    A big welcome to all the newbs to the forums!