Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Sparking up a LHCOF
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning I had my first Don Lucas courtesy of granneja! It was a nice smoke with a unique flavor profile. I plan to post a review with my next one. Thanks again Jesse!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    JudoChinX:
    stephen_hannibal:
    JudoChinX:
    Had a Blue Label. Love that smoke! Anyone else get cinnamon and nutmeg from it?
    Yes it tastes like a nice black tea to me.

You have no idea how awesome it feels to finally feel like I'm able to pick up and describe flavors in a cigar. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy!
    that's what I love about the Blue Label (and most GH stuff, really). They are surprisingly complex, and when most folks light up a $2-3 cigar, they don't expect too awful much... but the BL will surprise you for real. Take the time to smoke one and really pay attention to it. At the very least, I promise it will keep your attention and peak your interest at times.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Enjoyed a Diesel Unholy Cocktail with my morning coffee. Good way to start the day. 
  • Options
    Had a Diamond Crown Maximus Churchill No 2 for breakfast this morning! I now know why so many people love that cigar!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    Had a Blue Label. Love that smoke! Anyone else get cinnamon and nutmeg from it?

Hey, Jason, are you talking about the blue label or the blue label B2?
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Got off at 4:00 est..this morning and was browsing the forum, when I decided to work in the yard. I know it is still dark, but I had some brush I wanted in garbage bags for dump day tomorrow. I recently got ahold of a Pinar Del Rio sampler and decided to try the Habano Sun Grown. It is a loose, strong slow burning smoke, very firm and earthy from the get go. It did seem to even get more punch as it reach the nub, but not sure how to judge this one on the first go round. Guess u could call it cigaritis....the weather has really been damp in KY the past week...seems to affect the taste. Any how, has anyone else tried Pinar Del Rio? If so was this a dud or is this how it is?
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Had a Diamond Crown Maximus Churchill No 2 for breakfast this morning! I now know why so many people love that cigar!

Wow, you have some serious time in the morning my friend.

Revisiting a Cusano Aged 18 Years with a Vanilla latte from Starbucks. Cigar is pretty good so far. The coffee, well I should have had my regular cup o joe....

• Options
    el Titan redemption maddy. I will be reviewing one of these soon. I'm learning how to use my new camera right this min, actually. After i get it set up and figure out how to post pics.... this cigar (not this actual one, but this brand) will be my first review.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    CvilleE:
    Got off at 4:00 est..this morning and was browsing the forum, when I decided to work in the yard. I know it is still dark, but I had some brush I wanted in garbage bags for dump day tomorrow. I recently got ahold of a Pinar Del Rio sampler and decided to try the Habano Sun Grown. It is a loose, strong slow burning smoke, very firm and earthy from the get go. It did seem to even get more punch as it reach the nub, but not sure how to judge this one on the first go round. Guess u could call it cigaritis....the weather has really been damp in KY the past week...seems to affect the taste. Any how, has anyone else tried Pinar Del Rio? If so was this a dud or is this how it is?
    I have not had a PDR yet I have liked. I have a couple sitting to see how long it will take me to try another. Not a brand I search out for.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:

Revisiting a Cusano Aged 18 Years with a Vanilla latte from Starbucks. Cigar is pretty good so far. The coffee, well I should have had my regular cup o joe....

Being disabled, all I have is time! That Diamond Crown burned for over 2 hours, and I enjoyed every minute of it!

• Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    CAO Criollo
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    RP Sumatra Toro. I wish I had more
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    RCY Cigars:
    dbeckom:

Being disabled, all I have is time! That Diamond Crown burned for over 2 hours, and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Well lucky you, for the time you have to smoke one . I have a few of those and have yet to fire one up. Because of time of course. When I was in Germany, I had time to burn a churchill. But, not now. I just got clearance to have a hour and thirty minutes to myself. Anytime after that, my allowance gets cut. And if that happens, I won't be able to get the cigars I want. Plus, if I can't get the cigars I want, I would have to mooch to try and get them. If I mooch, everyone will notice that when my time is up. I will mooch again and then no one would want me to mooch anymore. Bottom line, I need to stay with in my time or it might lead to a bad place for me and cigar smoking. And I don't want that, lol......
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    I have the Sun Grown, Oscuro, Classico, and Edition Limitada in a few sizes. I used to have many, but now I have few. lol No duds. They are solid cigars. Age does them well, but if you're gonna smoke one ROTT, I'd recommend the Classico (connie), it is a good medium body connie with a lot of flavor imho. If you got the sampler with the Edition Limitadas, save them for an after dinner treat. They are very desert like with a lot of subtle sweetness.

one thing I've noticed about all the PDR blends (including/especially the Obsidian) is that they burn for a LONG time, in a good way. I enjoy them.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Damn, need to smoke something before work but no can do. Nothing like a surprise meeting with the bosses and was asked to do a presentation. Last thing I need to do is go in smelling like a Stogie. LOL. So looking for some thoughts on what I should have AFTER. If all goes well this will be a step up into the management/training ranks.....MADNESS!! MUAHAHAHAHAAAA
  • Options
    Ccom Purple Label.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Afternoon smoke is a CAO Cameroon thanks to greg2648
  • Options
    MTuccelli:

How was it Mike? Jsnake sent me one and I have yet to smoke it.?

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:

I had one about 3 weeks ago and it was an excellent medium cigar. Good amount of smoke and no burn issues. Perfect for the night I had it since I needed to relax.
  • Options
    Marker:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:

I had one about 3 weeks ago and it was an excellent medium cigar. Good amount of smoke and no burn issues. Perfect for the night I had it since I needed to relax.

I might have to give it try then, thanks for your input. I like a lot of smoke, we see.

• Options
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:

It was terrific as always, I think you will enjoy it too
  • Options
    Marker:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:

+1...I think this is one of the smoothest medium cigars out there. It always has an even burn, nice draw and produces a lot of smoke. Pairs well with an Italian Roast coffee.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    Marker:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:

+1...I think this is one of the smoothest medium cigars out there. It always has an even burn, nice draw and produces a lot of smoke. Pairs well with an Italian Roast coffee.
    I am going to include this cigar in more of my trades. I also think it is a great cigar. I like alot of smoke as well.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Just waking up lol. Iced coffee and a JDN Dark Corojo for breakfast.
  • Options
    greg2648:
    MTuccelli:
    Marker:
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:

I am going to include this cigar in more of my trades. I also think it is a great cigar. I like alot of smoke as well.
    I gave out right at a box of those in trades and bombs over the past several months. I typically love Cameroons, and I really wanted to like the CAO...but it's just one of those cigars that I don't care for.

• Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    This morning it was a La Gloria Cubana Serie R Robusto with my coffee. Nice way to start the day.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Just waking up lol. Iced coffee and a JDN Dark Corojo for breakfast.

that sounds delicious. I love the Dark Corojo... which reminds me I'm out. Guess it's time to rectify that problem. Maybe they'll have some on the sprint site!!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    CAO CX2
  • Options
    Enjoying a JdN Dark Corojo this morning. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!