Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Let me jump in with a belated best wishes for your family, gmill. Glad to hear you've gotten some good news...hopefully it continues.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'll be sure to burn one for you Father in-law gmill, glad to hear the news is relatively good.

Tonight I had a Perdomo Fresh Rolled torpedo. Knowing what it is and what the cigar is all about, it was good. It lacks the frills of a lot of cigars and opts for a fresh taste of good tobacco. A winner in my book and great for the price.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    And thanks for posting. I've been wondering about that one.
  • Options
    You asking if I'd had one prompted me to grab a fiver to try them out. I've got a couple with your name on them if you'd like.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm down with that. Thanks. I'll put something together to send you back.
  • Options
    StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    Had a perdomo legends series tonight and I think I found a new favorite in the legends line. It had a nice medium body with a slight sweet taste on the lips. The burn and draw were near perfect the thing had a burn line like a razors edge. It had a slight spice flavor that I couldnt quite figure out exactly what it tasted like along with hints of vanilla and some wood. If you have not tried one of these I would highly recommend it.
  • Options
    Have you had the Legends by Matasa Stoogee? That is my personal favorite that I've had so far.
  • Options
    StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    j0z3r:
    Have you had the Legends by Matasa Stoogee? That is my personal favorite that I've had so far.
    Not yet I will have to pick up some of those soon and try them out.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Looks like the father-in law gets to leave the hospital this evening to go home and let a little swelling subside and blood recede . Tentavely (sp) scheduled to return to hospital Monday for pre-op and probable brain surgery scheduled for Friday Feb. 6th. Thanks a million for all the good wishes,we're keeping our fingers crossed and praying everything goes well. Getting ready to light up a Tabak Especial to relax a little.
  • Options
    Good for you, gm. Sit down and decompress a bit, then take next week's stress when it comes.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thanks 'bro
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    Had a Padilla Achilles Torpedo earlier while shoveling snow...man is it hard to smoke and snow blow at the same time. It cracked twice and went out 3 times...I keep putting int down in my shed as I was also on a conf. call.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    cheyman:
    Had a Padilla Achilles Torpedo earlier while shoveling snow...man is it hard to smoke and snow blow at the same time. It cracked twice and went out 3 times...I keep putting int down in my shed as I was also on a conf. call.
    Hey Cheyman , cigars are suppose to be relaxing, not a part of multi-tasking. Hang up the phone, leave that snow alone, it will melt by April, and pay attention to the Padila
  • Options
    Well said.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    cheyman:
    Hey Cheyman , cigars are suppose to be relaxing, not a part of multi-tasking. Hang up the phone, leave that snow alone, it will melt by April, and pay attention to the Padila
    LMAO!!!! Hey what can I say..I had to work from home and my 300 ct humi is in my office...I couldn't resist!!! Well now I'm relaxing in my newly revamped man cave smoking a La Aroma de Cuba from the Ashton COTM.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    cheyman:
    kaspera79:
    cheyman:
    LMAO!!!! Hey what can I say..I had to work from home and my 300 ct humi is in my office...I couldn't resist!!! Well now I'm relaxing in my newly revamped man cave smoking a La Aroma de Cuba from the Ashton COTM.

Hey cheyman, that's what I fired up today as well. Very nice little cigar. Little earthy, lillte spice, a touch of sweetness. Very good, and I read where they are very consistant one box to the next.
    Might be a consideration for a box purchase in the future.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    cheyman:
    kaspera79:
    cheyman:

Hey cheyman, that's what I fired up today as well. Very nice little cigar. Little earthy, lillte spice, a touch of sweetness. Very good, and I read where they are very consistant one box to the next.
    Might be a consideration for a box purchase in the future.
    I greatly appreciate your input on this cigar as I smoke it...my pallet is not well refined...I only taste "Yes, No & Maybe"...I will be smoking this cigar in the future!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I finished up a 5 Vegas Classic Robusto that I started yesterday. It reminded me of a conn. wrapper taste a little bit and then similar to a Partagas. Not as good as a Partagas IMHO but not bad at all.

On a different note, I went to fill my new humidor and I saw a bug after I filled it. I quickly took all the cigars out and put them back in bags. After doing some research the bug I saw did NOT look like a tobacco beetle but I am going to let the humidor settle a little more before I put the cigars back in there. I was only able to fit about half of the bags I got in there. All of the infused stuff is going to stay in bags but I still had like 4 - 5 bags that won't fit. I was thinking about putting my cigars in the freezer but I have no way for them to NOT get damaged. Someone in this house would end up **** them up on me so I don't want to take that chance. I guess I could leave the bags outside too for a couple of days but then the fridge is out of the question because as I started above someone will *** them up!
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I'm about to head out and fire up a Diamond Crown that I received a couple months back, courtesy of Brandon. Thanks, bud!
  • Options
    Splendid idea Doody, I think I'll fire up the one I've been holding onto for some months now.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I finished up a 5 Vegas Classic Robusto that I started yesterday. It reminded me of a conn. wrapper taste a little bit and then similar to a Partagas. Not as good as a Partagas IMHO but not bad at all.

On a different note, I went to fill my new humidor and I saw a bug after I filled it. I quickly took all the cigars out and put them back in bags. After doing some research the bug I saw did NOT look like a tobacco beetle but
    Heys wheelie... that sounds like bad news to me. I wouldn't want to see any insect in my humidor.. Did you check all the sticks for pinholes ? I hope it was a fluke.. That could be bad.. Right Maddy ?
  • Options
    I think maybe . . . just maybe . . . I'm gonna go out and have my first cigar in so long I can't even remember. (That one at the bar last week doesn't count.) And I think it'll be a 5 Vegas A.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Same here Urbi, gonna be my first stogie since before I went under the knife in early December. Think it's gonna be a Nub Cammy.
  • Options
    Here's to you, geebee.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Well I had a Gurkha Turk (which I LOVE, for the record) and a CAO Criollo today. I was going to smoke a Carlos Torano Virtuoso as well but the smoke is so thick in this hotel room I might die of smoke inhalation tonight if I do.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Well I had a Gurkha Turk (which I LOVE, for the record) and a CAO Criollo today. I was going to smoke a Carlos Torano Virtuoso as well but the smoke is so thick in this hotel room I might die of smoke inhalation tonight if I do.
    Maddy, this could really turn out to be a very enjoyable few days. Good thing you have a smoking room. Sorry about the Hot Pockets though..
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I've definetly had the oppurtunity to smoke some good cigars.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kaspera79:
    rwheelwright:

On a different note, I went to fill my new humidor and I saw a bug after I filled it. I quickly took all the cigars out and put them back in bags. After doing some research the bug I saw did NOT look like a tobacco beetle but
    Heys wheelie... that sounds like bad news to me. I wouldn't want to see any insect in my humidor.. Did you check all the sticks for pinholes ? I hope it was a fluke.. That could be bad.. Right Maddy ?
    You know, it wasn't IN my humi. I looked up and saw it fly to the open lid. I'm not sure where it came from cause it happened so fast but I didn't notice it at all and my eyes were pretty fixed on the inside. It was almost like it was a little bug that may have come in through my A/C (yes, it is still in the window). I'll check it again tomorrow. I left some of the tobacco fromthe shaggys in the humi so if it looks cool them I am ok, but if it turns dusty then I think I am in trouble. I would hate for that box of shaggys to be bad. They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.
  • Options
    Well I started smoking a Diamond Crown Maximus toro that I've had since October, didn't really care for it so I put it down and grabbed a trusty Padron 3000. A cigar that never disappoints, that's a Padron.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Well, my experience with the Diamond Crown (regular, not the Maximus) was very nice. I was shooting for a mild cigar with some good flavor, and this delivered. I'm not normally a fan of the Connecticut wrapper, but this was pretty good, and showed distinct charcter changes throughout - most notably a surprising spice in the middle. Exactly what I was looking for tonight, and a nice way to welcome the latter half of the week. Thanks a bunch, BBC!