Home Non Cigar Related

Support Your Team!

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Warner's a putz of the first order, with a wife who apparently is the biggest pain the ass in the entire world. On the other hand, Larry Fitzgerald is one of the classiest, most straight-forward players in football. Hopefully Harrison rips Warner's arm off, feeds it to Boldin and then convinces LF to come to Pittsburgh in free agency.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yeah, it was really fun to see how excited Fitzgerald was during the NFC championship game.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm just sittin here bored at work and really can't wait for the game tomorrow. It should be some good fast pace football. Arizona has the exposive offense and of course the big bad Steeler D is just as explosive and can a lot of times out score their offense. The two keys for AZ winning this game I think are to be able to get the ball away on the short passes to avoid the rush and keep it out of Polumolu's (or however you spell it) hands. And for the Defense to get some serious pressure on Big Ben and make him run and force bad passes. If they can do that they will win, if not, the Steelers will walk all over them!
    You can't wait?????? I've watch all five of Pittsburgh's previous Super Bowl wins on NFL Network. In fact, I'm watching the highlights of the 2005 season right now. I have goosebumps. By the way, you're all invited to join Steelers nation, we span the globe, from pole to pole. In fact, I read an estimate that Steelers fans will outnumber Arizona fans at the game 10 to 1. It'll be like a home game.
    Luko:
    You can't wait?????? I've watch all five of Pittsburgh's previous Super Bowl wins on NFL Network. In fact, I'm watching the highlights of the 2005 season right now. I have goosebumps. By the way, you're all invited to join Steelers nation, we span the globe, from pole to pole. In fact, I read an estimate that Steelers fans will outnumber Arizona fans at the game 10 to 1. It'll be like a home game.
    Not exactly like a home game... It won't be 90 freaking degrees below ZERO! lol
    Game Day! Got my beer ready...Super Bowl buffet is being prepared. Victory smokes ready to go. Don't disappoint Steelers.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

Luko:
    Game Day! Got my beer ready...Super Bowl buffet is being prepared. Victory smokes ready to go. Don't disappoint Steelers.

Love your enthusiasm

I'm ready to go!!!! Got smokes, a BIG pot of Chilli, some 7 Layer Dip, chips, and a new bottle of Maker's Mark! Mmmm... Life is good!
    Well, that was an interesting first half. Especially the end. Warner was terrible, and the Cards committed a crapload of penalties, but they aren't completely out of it yet. Pittsburgh did almost everything right and has a 10-pt. lead to show for it. But only a 10-pt. lead. I think the Cards' opening drive of the second half will set the tone for the rest of the game: either they'll get back in it, or they'll slowly get blown out.
    Well, it didn't happen the way I predicted, but congratulations, Steelers.

The Cards' defense outplayed the Steelers' defense, and the Steelers' offense outplayed the Cards' offense. Whodathunkit?

great game

Now that thats outta the way .....on to baseball
    Was that Steven Van Zandt with Springsteen aka Silvio from the Sopranos at half time
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I find it quite surprising that the fumble wasn't even reviewed. The game didn't turn out as I had expected. I though the first team to take a 2-score lead was going to roll to a big victory. This was an excellent game. If God can't get His fumbling troubles under control, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cardinals look to Leinart to unseat Him again next season.
    Well, He may retire, anyway.

I was extremely surprised by that fumble not being reviewed, too. Especially since the officials had gotten it wrong on a similar play earlier in the game. (Gotten it wrong on what was an obvious arm-going-forward situation.) That said, if the Cards had to lose, at least there's the gratification of it very clearly being Our Lord and Savior's fault.

I hate it for Fitzgerald, though. I thought he had the game-winner.
    I liked the slow-motion closeup of Fitzgerald's face saying, "Oh, no he didn't!" when Holmes scored the game winner :)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I have to hand it to the Steelers, that was one hell of a 100yard touchdown! man that was cool.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Was that Steven Van Zandt with Springsteen aka Silvio from the Sopranos at half time
    Yeah that's Silvio. He's been a member of Springsteens E-Street Band since like 1975. He wears that bandana and bad rug on The Soprano's because of a nasty car crash that messed up his head. Still, a cool look for him.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Steelers fans. Helluva win.
    It was a great game...slow until the fourth quarter, but what a quarter it was. Like most Steelers fan, 've had mixed feelings about Roethlisberger. But he's the man...he delivered a 90-yard, game-winning drive in 2 min on the biggest stage with all of the pressure on him. I think he's quickly becoming the QB you'd most want leading your team in a tight game in the fourth quarter.

kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    Yeah that's Silvio. He's been a member of Springsteens E-Street Band since like 1975. He wears that bandana and bad rug on The Soprano's because of a nasty car crash that messed up his head. Still, a cool look for him.

Yea I knew he was part of the band but didn't know if he was still there after the Sopranos, you are right Kas cool look for him ......

Luko:
    I think he's quickly becoming the QB you'd most want leading your team in a tight game in the fourth quarter.
    My wife and I were discussing how similar he is to Jake Delhomme. Basically, the same guy, only much more difficult to bring down. You can see how great that can be.. But need I remind you how bad it can be? Big Ben, for reasons of Miami bias, is one of my favorite players.. but man, sometimes it's hard to watch a QB like that without pulling out all your hair.
    dutyje:
    Luko:
    I think he's quickly becoming the QB you'd most want leading your team in a tight game in the fourth quarter.
    My wife and I were discussing how similar he is to Jake Delhomme. Basically, the same guy, only much more difficult to bring down. You can see how great that can be.. But need I remind you how bad it can be? Big Ben, for reasons of Miami bias, is one of my favorite players.. but man, sometimes it's hard to watch a QB like that without pulling out all your hair.
    How bad that can be??? Ben set the record this year for most wins by a QB in the first five years of his career. And he's won two Super Bowls in five years. I guess you could say their styles are somewhat similar, but Ben definitely has that extra reserve that the great ones have to pull out games.
    dutyje:
    Luko:
    I'd agree with this EXCEPT, it has to be said the Ben is FAR more physically talented than Jake. Similar styles yes but Ben is very talents where Jake is more of an overachiever.
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    Luko:
    I'd agree with this EXCEPT, it has to be said the Ben is FAR more physically talented than Jake. Similar styles yes but Ben is very talents where Jake is more of an overachiever.
    When it comes to his ability to keep a play alive, yes. With respect to passing and decision-making, I think they're pretty much on par. Ben's got a bit better supporting cast. Ben is bigger and stronger. If you gave me the option of having one or the other QB my team, I'd take Ben without hesitation. That last sentence kinda says it all right there.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    Luko:
    When it comes to his ability to keep a play alive, yes. With respect to passing and decision-making, I think they're pretty much on par. Ben's got a bit better supporting cast. Ben is bigger and stronger. If you gave me the option of having one or the other QB my team, I'd take Ben without hesitation. That last sentence kinda says it all right there.
    Thats what I mean by physically talented Ben is more athletic, bigger, stronger and has the better arm(by far).

I also strongly disagree that Ben has the better supporting cast. THe Steelers OLine is much worse than the Panthers, they are average at best. Both of the Panthers runnings backs are better or just as good as Willie Parker and Mewelde Moore. Smith and Moose are about the same as Holmes and Ward.

Now that said there is no way I could argue if you said Ben can rely on his defense to help out when he makes mistakes much more so than Jake can.
    madurofan:
    Now that said there is no way I could argue if you said Ben can rely on his defense to help out when he makes mistakes much more so than Jake can.
    I agree with everything you said. This last part was really my point. The Panthers defense is grossly overrated. We had an incredible defense when we went to the Super Bowl. Times have changed. We need a major overhaul everywhere except at LB. The rest of the defense, while serviceable as starters, don't combine to make an elite group. The defense can get us into trouble, and when that happens, Jake isn't mentally able to dig us out.

Ben's supporting cast on offense is of similar quality to Jake's in most respects. I think the OL is one of the best we've had in a long time.
    Also, the Panthers weren't nearly as good as their record. Even if you take Jake's feeble mind out of the picture, the Cards would beat us in 8 out of 10 matchups. If we don't fix the D, next year will be very bad.
    I agree with all that as well. Your D is good but not one of the NFL's elite anymore. I don't think you need a complete overhaul just an overhaul on the DLine really. There's a saying that goes show me a Pro-Bowl CB and I'll show you a DE that should've been there. Pep is very good but he has no talent around him anymore. If you guys got a stud DT and another Pass rusher, you could be dominant again.
    Except that we're losing JP. So we need a stud DT and 2 good pass rushers. And we need to let Ken Lucas go and get a guy who can still cover. So yeah.. other than fixing those 4 positions, we're really only left with a lack of depth. We've already taken a step in the right direction by having our Defensive Coordinator opt to go elsewhere. Now, demote John Fox to defensive coordinator, and woo Bill Cowher out of retirement. Excellent. Let's hope the special teams continue to improve, and that Kasay keeps kicking like this until he's 80.