Home Non Cigar Related

Support Your Team!

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    I have one comment about tonights game ...I would not want ANY quarterback other than Peyton Manning ...I'm not sure he's even human ...can you believe the throws he made ...damn what a game !!!
    Less that a quarter of the game with the ball on offense and Peyton Manning still has over 300 yards passing. That man is insane good! Best quarterback to play the game, EVER
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:
    I have one comment about tonights game ...I would not want ANY quarterback other than Peyton Manning ...I'm not sure he's even human ...can you believe the throws he made ...damn what a game !!!
    Less that a quarter of the game with the ball on offense and Peyton Manning still has over 300 yards passing. That man is insane good! Best quarterback to play the game, EVER

Agreed !!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I agree with all the Manning praise, but the problem I have is that you can't dominate a season without a running game. There are too many good defensive teams that will eventually shut the passing game down and you have to have some depth to be able to more the ball when that happens. This will be the un-doing of the Colts this season.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I agree with all the Manning praise, but the problem I have is that you can't dominate a season without a running game. There are too many good defensive teams that will eventually shut the passing game down and you have to have some depth to be able to more the ball when that happens. This will be the un-doing of the Colts this season.
    Joseph Addai was one of the best in the game two seasons ago...and Donald Brown is the real deal...their running game will be fine. Their defense may be their undoing.
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Joseph Addai was one of the best in the game two seasons ago...and Donald Brown is the real deal...their running game will be fine. Their defense may be their undoing.

The run game will get stronger as the season goes along with Donald Brown eventually surpassing Addai as the starter. The run game will be there. As for the defense, they didn't adjust well to the wildcat but unlike seasons and defenses of the Colts in the past Coyler the DC will fix that pronto with schemes and personnel . Also last night we were without Bob Sanders, Kelvin Hayden for part of the game and Jarraud Powers the other starting corner was out with a groin injury. So at times you only had 1 of the 4 secondary starters in there. Middle LB Brackett got dinged up and DL Ed Johnson , it was his first game back since the 1st game of the season last year. This Colt defense is bigger, stronger and fastest they have had in years and will gel as the season goes on. The key is getting these early wins while that gets worked out and it will get worked out pretty quickly as opposed to when Meeks was our DC and his plain vanilla defenses. As to shutting down the passing game and Manning and Co. , good luck with all that, just too many weapons. Manning is the absolute master at recognizing defenses and picking the right play to put the Colts in. Have faith Colts faithful its going to be a GREAT season !!!
    Is everyone ready for week 3 in the NFL? God knows I am! Hopefully by now the "new season jitters" are starting to settle and some teams may be getting into a grove. There should be some great matchups this weekend that could tell a lot about how some of the big teams from last year will do this season.

First up is the Pats and the Falcons. New England doesn't look like they have their timing quite worked out yet. Brady still seems a bit unsure of himself after the knee injury and who could blame him. That is a tough injury to come back from. I mean it's not like Tiger Woods came back from the same type of surgery and won the Fed Ex Championship this year.... oh wait... haha Well he hasn't YET at least. Wait till tomorrow and see if we can still say that. Back on track now, Atlanta is a team that I think has great potential with a young QB like Ryan behind center and a strong confidence building 2-0 start, they could prove a challenge for the already shaken Pats. Should be a good game. I'm picking the Falcons to pull this one off.

The next game I'm interested in is the Titans vs. Jets. The Titans, who held the best record in the NFL last season, are having a rough start going 0-2 in the first couple weeks, but I am looking for them to hit their stride any day now and start winning some games. I don't see them being the powerhouse they were seen as by some last seaon, but I'm guessing they will have a winning season easily. They better bring their A game though because the Jets look tough this year! For this first time in a long time they look like they actually BELONG in the NFL! I'll pick the Titans on this one.

The ever exciting Sunday Night football game will be the long bombing Colts of our friend G-man's. How can you really bet against Manning? The guy is an awesome QB and someone I would always trust as a coach. I'm really hoping to see their running game and defense develope some this week. I think they will, but if not it could be an up and down season for the Colts. Of course Arizona is off to a 1-1 start but we have to remember, these are the guys that shocked the nation last year. The world was shocked to even see them make the playoffs, then they came unbelievably close to taking out the mighty Steelers! I'll go with Colts for this one, but it should be a damn good game as well!

Last and certainly not least for me... Monday night football with the Cowboys hosting Carolina! The Panthers are a team I was expecting a lot more out of than what we have seen so far this season. They just can't seem to get things working so far, but you never know. They could turn it around... The Cowboys haven't looked terrible so far this season, I mean the team as a whole, Romo has sucked a big goat dong, but I think they can pull this one off. Monday night, new stadium, the world snickering after losing the first game in the new palace.... I smell revenge!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a KC Chiefs fan and my season is over :( It is hard being a Chiefs fan. We are in our never ending rebuilding year again.
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Come on Colts. Let's beat the Cardinals.

That is all.
    What a freakin weekend...had to work, and then Pitt, Penn State and Steelers lose. Can't wait for Monday.
    Another incredible performance for the Colts ...was afraid this one would be close ...glad it wasn't. Manning getting more comfortable with his younger receivers (Garcon and Collie) and 122 yards I believe rushing. The rookie running back Brown has shown he can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball and Addai ran hard. Good win ...now its back to Indy for a home game with the Seahawks next week. You can never overlook anyone in the NFL ...this game scares me !!!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Packers... Not perfect but a W is okay in my book!
    Luko:
    What a freakin weekend...had to work, and then Pitt, Penn State and Steelers lose. Can't wait for Monday.
    Yea, it was a DAMN good monday night!!!! It's always a good monday when the Cowboys kick a$$!!! WOW What a game! The boys looked like crap for the first half but Romo pulled it off in the 2nd. Now it's a loooonnng wait till next weekend...
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    Yea, it was a DAMN good monday night!!!! It's always a good monday when the Cowboys kick a$$!!! WOW What a game! The boys looked like crap for the first half but Romo pulled it off in the 2nd. Now it's a loooonnng wait till next weekend...
    Choice looked damn good filling in for Felix. The D stepped up big too. The only big beef I had was being on the 1-yard line and passing twice in a row. I'm alright with wanting to do it the first time, which almost turned into points had Roy Williams hung on to the ball. However, the next play should've been a run.
    Ok guys, what is up with all you pig skin fans? There was a TON of trash talk on here last season, and now nothing... I even try to rile up Luko because of his 1-2 Steelers and still get nothing... Let's get some trash talk going or we are going to start revoking man cards here guys! haha
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    With Puro talking of football, I am wondering why no one else (had about 8 last week) wants in on the football pick game on the Trades, Passes, and Bombs, Threads-----nice little change to have fun and get some cigars and weekly bragging rights.
    PuroFreak:
    Ok guys, what is up with all you pig skin fans? There was a TON of trash talk on here last season, and now nothing... I even try to rile up Luko because of his 1-2 Steelers and still get nothing... Let's get some trash talk going or we are going to start revoking man cards here guys! haha
    Purino, my Steelers are the defending Super Bowl champs and the only team with SIX...not only that, but my Penguins are the defending Stanley Cup champs and about to start their new season. I'm in heaven...the Steelers could lose every remaining game this year and you couldn't rile me up!!!! Come talk to me when the Boys catch up...
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Purino, my Steelers are the defending Super Bowl champs and the only team with SIX...not only that, but my Penguins are the defending Stanley Cup champs and about to start their new season. I'm in heaven...the Steelers could lose every remaining game this year and you couldn't rile me up!!!! Come talk to me when the Boys catch up...
    Well it took you guys long enough to catch up... We will give you a couple years before we re-take the title. And you can brag about hocky all you want, I'm from TX... Sports aren't played on ice here in Texas. LOL Thats one of them Northern thangs! haha
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Well it took you guys long enough to catch up... We will give you a couple years before we re-take the title. And you can brag about hocky all you want, I'm from TX... Sports aren't played on ice here in Texas. LOL Thats one of them Northern thangs! haha
    We can brag about hockey here too! It's not like the Stars are some lower level scrub team in the NHL. They had a bad year last year, but that doesn't discount the success they've had. In fact, Texas probably has the best hockey in the South.
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    We can brag about hockey here too! It's not like the Stars are some lower level scrub team in the NHL. They had a bad year last year, but that doesn't discount the success they've had. In fact, Texas probably has the best hockey in the South.
    That's like being the tallest midget in the room!

Puro...sorry man, the big D just doesn't have it anymore. The Cowboys and Jerry Jones are just a few years and one warm up suit away from being The Raiders and Al Davis! Plus they've given us possibly the, um, least bright sports analyst of all time in Emmitt Smith...his beard is weird.
    Luko:
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

Puro...sorry man, the big D just doesn't have it anymore. The Cowboys and Jerry Jones are just a few years and one warm up suit away from being The Raiders and Al Davis! Plus they've given us possibly the, um, least bright sports analyst of all time in Emmitt Smith...his beard is weird.
    Seriously? Have you ever heard that d*ck head from ESPN last year? Cornholer? He was the most lame excuse for a sportscaster EVER... lol He has Emmit beat hands down.
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

Seriously? Have you ever heard that d*ck head from ESPN last year? Cornholer? He was the most lame excuse for a sportscaster EVER... lol He has Emmit beat hands down.
    Tony's a ***, Emmitt is one dumb mother...

http://www.manolith.com/2009/02/20/emmitt-smith-espn-quotes/
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

Tony's a ***, Emmitt is one dumb mother...

http://www.manolith.com/2009/02/20/emmitt-smith-espn-quotes/
    None of them even come close to Mike Tirico. This guy is not only a moron, but he can't even make keep his own opinions from slanting his commentary. There were a couple B.S. calls in the last 2 monday night games that he was cheering for because they were obviously against the team he wanted to lose. He is a total dipsh*t.
    really? I never had too much of a problem with Tirico. Speaking of commentators and analysts though, it got to the point where I almost couldn't watch Sunday Night football anymore because of Madden. So glad he's gone. But Cris Collinsworth is by far and away the best in the biz. It's fun watching him run circles around the seriously outmatched Al Michaels.
    What about the crybaby Marshall Faulk ??? Yes , Marshall , we all know the Colts sent you packing when you still thought you were the jizzzz but damn seriously. Faulk obviously still has a hard-on for the Colts. Right before the season starts on one of the football forecasts he states " the Colts are in shambles and this just might be the year they miss the playoffs and at any rate Tennesse will win the AFC South again !!! In shambles !!! WTF !!! Seriously how in the he_ll do you call that one ...well anyways thats my rant ...Faulk is a dumbass and obviously is popping off about what he hopes happens rather than an intelligent analysis of the facts. What does he attribute that too ...that Marvin Harrison (who incidentally has not been a factor the past two seasons) retiring ...gimme a break ...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Anyone see this game!!! I was at my shop and watched most of it, anyways I'm not one to watch football too often but holly crap! Denver was down most of the game, came back to tie then with like 1 minute left the cowboys made it all the way down the field. 3 yards to go, 15 seconds left and 2 incomplete passes with the finale one @ 5 seconds, what a game!
  • BIG BLUE, Giants. New York, fan since 1969. RahRahRah

phobicsquirrel:
    Anyone see this game!!! I was at my shop and watched most of it, anyways I'm not one to watch football too often but holly crap! Denver was down most of the game, came back to tie then with like 1 minute left the cowboys made it all the way down the field. 3 yards to go, 15 seconds left and 2 incomplete passes with the finale one @ 5 seconds, what a game!
    Thanks for reminding me. I knew I should'nt have opened this damn thread, lol.
    colts vs titans sunday night ...we can come close to flushing the titans season if we can pull off a win down there in tenn. A Colt win means a 5 game lead over the Titans and the tie-breaker (at least at this point) ...
    Ok, so the first half of the Cowboys game SUCKED... but the 2nd half they ALMOST looked like an actual team. There is no way KC should have ever been even close to the Cowboys in this game, but they still won so thats all that matters. The Patriots lost so nothing wrong with that at all! Now the Colts and Titans are playing and even though the Titans are sucking this year, I hope it is a close game with the Colts coming out on top!
    Colts Win !!! 5-0 now... Peyton Manning still on fire throwing for over 300 yds 5th straight game and 3 td's and Wayne dropped an easy one in the endzone or it would have been 4 td's. A bye week coming up and they are talking about Bob Sanders and both starting cornerbacks and RT C Johnson all being back after the bye ...how scarys that for the rest of the league.