Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Support Your Team!

Comments

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    PuroFreak:
    Ok, so the first half of the Cowboys game SUCKED... but the 2nd half they ALMOST looked like an actual team. There is no way KC should have ever been even close to the Cowboys in this game, but they still won so thats all that matters. The Patriots lost so nothing wrong with that at all! Now the Colts and Titans are playing and even though the Titans are sucking this year, I hope it is a close game with the Colts coming out on top!
    Can we please see that kind of production out of Miles Austin for the rest of the year?
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Colts Win !!! 5-0 now... Peyton Manning still on fire throwing for over 300 yds 5th straight game and 3 td's and Wayne dropped an easy one in the endzone or it would have been 4 td's. A bye week coming up and they are talking about Bob Sanders and both starting cornerbacks and RT C Johnson all being back after the bye ...how scarys that for the rest of the league.
    Agreed, the rest of the league should be pretty scared when the Colts have their starting D all healed up and on the field together. It is pretty obvious that their offense is unstoppable, as always. But their defense has been their downfall in the past and I feel they have finaly put together the key personel to be dominating.

And... After that performance by the rookie Austin Collie, the always stellar Reggie Wayne, Dallas "Rock Steady" Clark, and the best QB to ever play the game - Peyton Manning - the colts are on track for a Super Bowl victory. That is my prediction at least.

In my opinion, the only two other teams worth keeping an eye on are the Vikings and the Bears. The Vik's just simply because of the incredible turn around they have had due, pretty entirely, to their new QB and the new range of offense they have due to that.

And the Bears just because it's their time. They have been rebuilding for a long time now and I can tell the people of Chicago want this more than almost any other city. With the new additions on offense in the last couple seasons, and their dominating defense, the Bears are in the perfect place to improve every game this season. They have started off nicely, and have been getting better as a team in each game. I think most of the reason they are not a stellar team already is due to their coaching. With the new combination of guys on offense I don't think they have a handle on how they will work the best together. With stars putting up solid numbers at all the big positions each game their margin of vistory shouild have been bigger than it has been. As soon as the offense comes together and starts working like a well oiled machine (like the Colts) the Bears are going to be as tough a team to beat as any other.

just my thoughts so far
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Colts Win !!! 5-0 now... Peyton Manning still on fire throwing for over 300 yds 5th straight game and 3 td's and Wayne dropped an easy one in the endzone or it would have been 4 td's. A bye week coming up and they are talking about Bob Sanders and both starting cornerbacks and RT C Johnson all being back after the bye ...how scarys that for the rest of the league.

How about the fact that the Colts are 3 games up in the division after just 5 games? All of those people who were predicting that the Colts would fall off this year because of the change, can just suck it! We should be extremely healthy after we get back from the bye week.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    rmccloud:
    gmill880:

How about the fact that the Colts are 3 games up in the division after just 5 games? All of those people who were predicting that the Colts would fall off this year because of the change, can just suck it! We should be extremely healthy after we get back from the bye week.

Yeah , the talking heads were just wishing the Colts would fall off. The defensive turn around this year I believe is due to two things. 1-A new Def Co-ordinator thats more aggressive and 2-A Head Coach who will allow it to be more aggressive. I love Dungy to death but obviously Jim Caldwell has more of an aggressive/risk taking mentality on both offense and defense.
  • Options
    What the hell have I done in my prior lives to consistently have my *** pulverized by the fantasy football gods on a weekly basis? Was I Hitler? On a side note the Falcons dominated.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, I've lost every damn week with my fantasy team. After the draft I really thought I would have the team to beat this year. Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Brandon Jacobs, Reggie Bush, Jason Witten, Jeremy Shockey, Steelers Defense, Nick Folk for kicker...etc...etc... I am going to have to make some MAJOR adjustments to even break even on the season. Starting 0-5 hurts.
  • Options
    Ok, this is a game that I am READY for! The Saints are my pick to go all the way this year and I'm thinking they are going to be pretty unstoppable. I'm going to predict New Orleans coming out on top in this one, but it should be a damn good game!!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Ok, this is a game that I am READY for! The Saints are my pick to go all the way this year and I'm thinking they are going to be pretty unstoppable. I'm going to predict New Orleans coming out on top in this one, but it should be a damn good game!!

Oh no you didn't just diss my Colts Jason !!! LOL ...hey man I could not tell you one thing about the Saints ...but sounds like you do . How do you see them matching up IF they met in the superbowl ? Whats their strong and weak points ?
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Oh no you didn't just diss my Colts Jason !!! LOL ...hey man I could not tell you one thing about the Saints ...but sounds like you do . How do you see them matching up IF they met in the superbowl ? Whats their strong and weak points ?
    Their strong point is football... I would have to say tap dancing is probably their weak point... Your Colts better watch out buddy!!! hahahaha
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Their strong point is football... I would have to say tap dancing is probably their weak point... Your Colts better watch out buddy!!! hahahaha

Oh we're feeling froggy tonight huh !!! Alright alright IF these two clubs make it to the superbowl sounds like a little interesting side bet coming up to me ...if they make it we'll have to figure out something appropriate if your up to it !!!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming the Saints get by the Giants. I'm just sayin'...
  • Options
    YankeeMan:

Yeah lets see 'em get by baby Manning first ...mawwawawa ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Oh we're feeling froggy tonight huh !!! Alright alright IF these two clubs make it to the superbowl sounds like a little interesting side bet coming up to me ...if they make it we'll have to figure out something appropriate if your up to it !!!
    Oh I'm in!!! LOL Yea, I'm feeling mouthy as hell... I guess it's because I haven't had a smoke in over a week. I am kidding however, I think the Colt/Saints would be an AWESOME Super Bowl, and I wouldn't have a clue who would win. I'm damn sure down for a little wager though. Could be interesting! What ya got in mind? Shoot me a PM if you wanna do it that way.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Oh I'm in!!! LOL Yea, I'm feeling mouthy as hell... I guess it's because I haven't had a smoke in over a week. I am kidding however, I think the Colt/Saints would be an AWESOME Super Bowl, and I wouldn't have a clue who would win. I'm damn sure down for a little wager though. Could be interesting! What ya got in mind? Shoot me a PM if you wanna do it that way.

Puro ...incoming !!!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the Saints go all the way just because Chase Daniels from Mizzou is a backup QB. No one wanted to give him a college shot because of his size and he made it into the NFL. I just think that is cool. plus I know the Chiefs aren't going this year for sure so I need someone to root for. I still watch my Chiefs games but man it is hard.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    I would like to see the Saints go all the way just because Chase Daniels from Mizzou is a backup QB. No one wanted to give him a college shot because of his size and he made it into the NFL. I just think that is cool. plus I know the Chiefs aren't going this year for sure so I need someone to root for. I still watch my Chiefs games but man it is hard.
    My buddy Nick is from KC and is a huge Chiefs fan as well. I hated to rub it in after the Cowboys game the other day... but I damn sure managed to get a few jabs in! lol
  • Options
    That game was closer then anyone thought it would be. They like to get your hopes up and kick you in the junk. I am a die hard Chiefs fan. Used to work off duty for them at games. $25 an hour to watch football was awesome! I still watch every week just hoping.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    YankeeMan:

Well, if you saw the game, I guess you know now how baby Manning compares... HAHAHAHA GOOOOO SAINTS BABY!!!! Bring on the Colts for the big game!!!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    YankeeMan:

Well, if you saw the game, I guess you know now how baby Manning compares... HAHAHAHA GOOOOO SAINTS BABY!!!! Bring on the Colts for the big game!!!

Hehhehheh ...be careful what you wish for Puro ...these ain't your grandpa's Colts !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    YankeeMan:

Hehhehheh ...be careful what you wish for Puro ...these ain't your grandpa's Colts !!!
    But Peyton is damn near as old as my grandpa... What is he like 3 days younger than Bret Favre? hahaha
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    YankeeMan:

But Peyton is damn near as old as my grandpa... What is he like 3 days younger than Bret Favre? hahaha

You do realize Peyton is only 3 years older than your poster boy Drew B. right ....hhmmmm.....would love to see the Saints o line trying to control Freeney and Mathis and the rest of the Blue Crew !!! We'll see how quick he can get rid of the ball because he won't have all day to hang out in the pocket like today. Also would love to see who their defense decides needs extra attention ... too many weapons Puro too many weapons ...your guys havn't played anyone yet capable of having so many playmakers on offense or defense. But this is all just talk lets hope they both make it to the Big Dance and then let the mind games begin !!!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Only reason the Boys didn't lose today is cause they didn't play. Steelers are going to repeat, so don't worry about yer wager.
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Only reason the Boys didn't lose today is cause they didn't play. Steelers are going to repeat, so don't worry about yer wager.

Steelers ...steelers ...steal-ers ...rings a bell somewhere ...
  • Options
    Ok so my team finally won a game not that it matters. And not to mention it was an ugly win of all field goals and a safety. Go Chiefs! There is always next year or the year after.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    YankeeMan:

You do realize Peyton is only 3 years older than your poster boy Drew B. right ....hhmmmm.....would love to see the Saints o line trying to control Freeney and Mathis and the rest of the Blue Crew !!! We'll see how quick he can get rid of the ball because he won't have all day to hang out in the pocket like today. Also would love to see who their defense decides needs extra attention ... too many weapons Puro too many weapons ...your guys havn't played anyone yet capable of having so many playmakers on offense or defense. But this is all just talk lets hope they both make it to the Big Dance and then let the mind games begin !!!
    Yea I know, just had to bust your chops with something! lol The Colts are an awesome team and it's hard for me to talk trash against them because I'm actually a fan too. haha I am just trying to rile you up. I do have to admit Freeney might have some trouble though. They are pretty deep in their offensive line. The back up too Osi Uminura, or how ever the hell you spell it, completely out of the equation during the game yesterday. That was a hell of a game.

Oh, and Luko, don't worry, the Steelers may have a good team, but the "Boys" are still the most valuable team in all the NFL... It must sting to not even be worth as much as a bunch of losers! hahaha
  • Options
    LET'S GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Favre better get something going quick.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to my Falcons sacking Jessica, I mean Tony Romo!
  • Options
    jacketsrule:
    I am looking forward to my Falcons sacking Jessica, I mean Tony Romo!
    And what a FINE job they are doing. HAHAHAHA Score looks good at half time, I just hope they can hold onto it!!
  • Options
    Well the Cowboys won pretty big against a tough Falcon team and it looks like the Saints are going to pull of the come back against Miami so I'm a pretty happy guy right now! I love the Boys and love to see them win all they can, but the Saints are still my pick to go ALL THE WAAAAAAAY!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    LET'S GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Favre better get something going quick.
    Two pick sixes for Mr. Favre!!!!!