Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Support Your Team!

Comments

• Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Matt Marvel:
    Dallas played a helluva game today. They slowed down too much at the end though. Still, it was a good win. I'm seeing something from them that I haven't seen in a long time, and that's aggressiveness and emotion, especially from the defense. They didn't even have that a couple of years ago during that 13-3 year in my opinion. I don't know what in the world Wade did during the bye week, but whatever it is, it's working on all fronts.
    And another helluva game again tonight against Philly!! I agree there seems to be a new breath of passion on the team. Most of the riff raff is gone (Flozel Adams need to go IMO) and everyone is feeling the love. Wade has done a 360 turn around with the defense, and it makes me mad when the rumors start flying about letting him go! The money on him IS paying off and the team has obviously put there trust in him. You violate that trust when you make your coaching positions a revolving door. I was a little worried about how Tony would react to the high pressure of tonight’s game, but he was cool, calm, and collective. I feel very confident with him at the helm of this Cowboys team!! Let's go Dallas!!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Should be a good game tonight! The Steelers, even though they have had some troubles early are still a tough team, and the Broncos are a much tougher team than I think anyone would have guessed. Could be a great match up tonight.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Should be a good game tonight! The Steelers, even though they have had some troubles early are still a tough team, and the Broncos are a much tougher team than I think anyone would have guessed. Could be a great match up tonight.
    Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, Puro...check out the number of Steelers fans at Denver tonight...it's a Steelers nation baby.
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, Puro...check out the number of Steelers fans at Denver tonight...it's a Steelers nation baby.
    I wonder if that "Nation" realizes their team isn't even leading their division... Hmmmm... LMAO
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    I wonder if that "Nation" realizes their team isn't even leading their division... Hmmmm... LMAO
    Even as a Bengals fan (yeah...from the 80s, go Boomer), I wouldn't worry about the Steelers not leading their division. I hope the Bengals can beat them in the Burgh this week, but I know either way, the Steelers will be fine. All they have to do is make the playoffs. I'm not a steelers fan at all, but seeing them perform and the talent they have, they should have no problems making another run at a championship...unfortunately.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    You're right, it is looking bleak for the Steelers right now. But I'm confident when we play the Bengals, Chiefs, Ravens, Raiders and Browns over the next five games, maybe we can at least win a few of those and sneak in as a wild card.
  • Options
    Yea, in all honesty I figure the Steelers will at least make the AFC Championship, but I gotta give Lko a lil sh*t. I figure the Colts and Steelers will have to battle it out to go to the big game, and it should be a hell of a fight.
  • Options
    Ok guys, 2 REALLY big games tomorrow for the NFL!

First of all the Bengals and the Steelers should be a hell of a game. I'm going to pick the Steelers to win, but cheer for the Bengals just to shake things up in the AFC. I don't figure the Bengals can beat Big Ben in the playoffs, so I'll just hope for them to do it now and make it more of a challenge for the post season race.

The BIG BIG game to me Sunday is the Pats and the Colts! The two top QB's in the AFC and probably the entire NFL going head to head on Sunday Night Football! It couldn't get much better than that boys! I'm going to pick the Colts and hope to hell they win because I can't stand New England, and because as much crap as I give Gene, I actually like the Colts and always pull for them.
  • Options
    Go Bengals! I cheer for them no matter what...it's just easier right now!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:

First of all the Bengals and the Steelers should be a hell of a game. I'm going to pick the Steelers to win, but cheer for the Bengals just to shake things up in the AFC. I don't figure the Bengals can beat Big Ben in the playoffs, so I'll just hope for them to do it now and make it more of a challenge for the post season race.

The BIG BIG game to me Sunday is the Pats and the Colts! The two top QB's in the AFC and probably the entire NFL going head to head on Sunday Night Football! It couldn't get much better than that boys! I'm going to pick the Colts and hope to hell they win because I can't stand New England, and because as much crap as I give Gene, I actually like the Colts and always pull for them.

OMG I'm so ready for this game !!! Waited all season ...I may not go to bed tonight ...I might just hang upside down on the bedroom door like a damn bat until daylight and then drop to the floor , dust myself off , and eat breakfast !!! The rums ready , the beer bit_chin, and the food will be good ...arrrre yooou READYYYYYY for some FOOOOTBAAAAALLLLLLL !!!!!!!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:

OMG I'm so ready for this game !!! Waited all season ...I may not go to bed tonight ...I might just hang upside down on the bedroom door like a damn bat until daylight and then drop to the floor , dust myself off , and eat breakfast !!! The rums ready , the beer bit_chin, and the food will be good ...arrrre yooou READYYYYYY for some FOOOOTBAAAAALLLLLLL !!!!!!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

OMG I'm so ready for this game !!! Waited all season ...I may not go to bed tonight ...I might just hang upside down on the bedroom door like a damn bat until daylight and then drop to the floor , dust myself off , and eat breakfast !!! The rums ready , the beer bit_chin, and the food will be good ...arrrre yooou READYYYYYY for some FOOOOTBAAAAALLLLLLL !!!!!!!Well I will be stuck working, but I'll keep up with the game the best I can... I'd love to be sitting at home with some cold drinks and good cigars watching the game! Cheer for me too Gene!!!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Well I will be stuck working, but I'll keep up with the game the best I can... I'd love to be sitting at home with some cold drinks and good cigars watching the game! Cheer for me too Gene!!!
    That sucks you have to miss that game buddy but I'll drink one for you ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Well I will be stuck working, but I'll keep up with the game the best I can... I'd love to be sitting at home with some cold drinks and good cigars watching the game! Cheer for me too Gene!!!

That sucks you have to miss that game buddy but I'll drink one for you ...Thanks Gene! Might wanna make it 2 for me though, it's gonna be a HELL of a game! lol
  • Options
    How bout that Bengals Defense! Who Dey
  • Options
    Well the Cowboys did everything they possibly could to lose that game, and they succeeded... The only high point of the day was the Steelers getting swept by the Bengals for the first time since 98!!! It was a damn good hard fought game all the way!!!

The only thing I have left to brighten the day is to hope the Colts beat the CRAP out of the Pats. GO COLTS!!!
  • Options
    Go Bengals !
  • Options
    Props to the Bengels for sweeping both teams from last year's AFC Championship game. Now we can only hope Pgh makes it as a wildcard and beats the Bengels at home like in 2005.
  • Options
    WOW!!! What a finish to the Pats/Colts battle!!! I got to sit here at the PD and watch the end of the game and damn am I glad I did! My only question is, WHAT THE HELL WAS BILL BELLICHECK THINKING?? You do NOT give a team lead by Peyton Manning a short field! I'm glad his dumbass did it, but that was not a smart football move!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    WOW!!! What a finish to the Pats/Colts battle!!! I got to sit here at the PD and watch the end of the game and damn am I glad I did! My only question is, WHAT THE HELL WAS BILL BELLICHECK THINKING?? You do NOT give a team lead by Peyton Manning a short field! I'm glad his dumbass did it, but that was not a smart football move!

Would not have mattered Puro ...30 yds ...70 yds ...whatever ...it was ordained in the stars ...hahaha if only I believed that ! It is a good day to be a lifelong Colts fan. I'll take Peyton Manning over anyone in the league , he is an absolute master of the game. A little distance between the Colts and the rest of the AFC is a good thing . Can you say home field advantage for the playoffs !?!?!? This was a defining game for the youngsters the Colts have playing in the secondary , they will now believe Peyton can bring them back from anything which will be bad news for whoever they are playing !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Would not have mattered Puro ...30 yds ...70 yds ...whatever ...it was ordained in the stars ...hahaha if only I believed that ! It is a good day to be a lifelong Colts fan. I'll take Peyton Manning over anyone in the league , he is an absolute master of the game. A little distance between the Colts and the rest of the AFC is a good thing . Can you say home field advantage for the playoffs !?!?!? This was a defining game for the youngsters the Colts have playing in the secondary , they will now believe Peyton can bring them back from anything which will be bad news for whoever they are playing !!!
    Haha AMEN! It was a hell of an end to a scary game though. With the score at halftime I was afraid the Pats were going to run away with it, but luckily Peyton pulled off another amazing comeback. The Colts need to stop that though because that is the 3rd or 4th game they have had to come from behind in and I know that can't be good for your heart Geno!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Haha AMEN! It was a hell of an end to a scary game though. With the score at halftime I was afraid the Pats were going to run away with it, but luckily Peyton pulled off another amazing comeback. The Colts need to stop that though because that is the 3rd or 4th game they have had to come from behind in and I know that can't be good for your heart Geno!

Yeah funny you should say that...I had a friend call me this morning to check and see if I was in the hospital and how the old ticker was doing after last nights game !!!
  • Options
    Yeah, Dallas was a big disappointment!... but that Sunday night game Pats v/s Indi sure was exciting!
  • Options
    Smokeee:
    Yeah, Dallas was a big disappointment!... but that Sunday night game Pats v/s Indi sure was exciting!
    Speaking of that game, Belicheck made Romeo Cornell look like Vince Lombardi with that call. I heard wayyy to many people making excuses for him today. That was one of the worst coaching decisions I've seen in 30 years of watching football. So iif/when the Pats are playing on the road in the Lucas Oil Drum come January they can thank their genius coach whose arrogance knows no bounds.
  • Options
    Luko:
    Smokeee:
    Speaking of that game, Belicheck made Romeo Cornell look like Vince Lombardi with that call. I heard wayyy to many people making excuses for him today. That was one of the worst coaching decisions I've seen in 30 years of watching football. So iif/when the Pats are playing on the road in the Lucas Oil Drum come January they can thank their genius coach whose arrogance knows no bounds.
    It was certainly out of caricature for him and in the end was a very costly mistake!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Smokeee:
    Luko:
    Smokeee:
    It was certainly out of caricature for him and the end was a very costly mistake!
    It's a bit refreshing to see Belicheck getting this kind of flak. I respect his ability as a coach, but he's such an arrogant douche. That, and for once, the ESPN cronies aren't bowing down when his name is mentioned.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    Smokeee:
    Luko:
    Smokeee:
    It was certainly out of caricature for him and the end was a very costly mistake!
    It's a bit refreshing to see Belicheck getting this kind of flak. I respect his ability as a coach, but he's such an arrogant douche. That, and for once, the ESPN cronies aren't bowing down when his name is mentioned.
    Plus it's always nice to see a cheater LOSE! lol

There are some big games this weekend as well. The Broncos and Chargers should be a good battle, Giants vs. Falcons, Colts vs. Ravens, and of course for the personally the Cowboys vs. the SKINS!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    Smokeee:
    Luko:
    Smokeee:
    Plus it's always nice to see a cheater LOSE! lol

There are some big games this weekend as well. The Broncos and Chargers should be a good battle, Giants vs. Falcons, Colts vs. Ravens, and of course for the personally the Cowboys vs. the SKINS!
    YESSS!!! Always good to see a cheater lose! ;)
    There is a group of Dallas fans that get together here in DC for all the (aired) games & of course this week will be a big turn out! The owner of this bar where we meet is also a big D fan and has special ordered Redskin toilet paper just for the big game! LOL
  • Options
    Hahaha Colts destroy err...rip uhhh...dismantle err ... tip toe yeah thats it tip toe by the Rat Birds !!! Oh well a wins a win pretty or ugly we'll take it !!! GOOOOO COLTS!!!
  • Options
    Well the Cowboys looked like CRAP today, but at least it's a mark in the W colum! That was a horrible game but on the bright side, New Orleans stomped Tampa Bay, the Colts squeeked by the Ravens, and I don't know how the hell it happened, but the Steelers lost to KC... WTF????