Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Support Your Team!

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Well the Cowboys looked like CRAP today, but at least it's a mark in the W colum! That was a horrible game but on the bright side, New Orleans stomped Tampa Bay, the Colts squeeked by the Ravens, and I don't know how the hell it happened, but the Steelers lost to KC... WTF????
    I don't know where the hell you're getting your information, but the Steelers didn't lose to KC today????

They had their bye week this week...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Well the Cowboys looked like CRAP today, but at least it's a mark in the W colum! That was a horrible game but on the bright side, New Orleans stomped Tampa Bay, the Colts squeeked by the Ravens, and I don't know how the hell it happened, but the Steelers lost to KC... WTF????
    I don't know where the hell you're getting your information, but the Steelers didn't lose to KC today????

LOL Is that how your making yourself feel better? I understand trust me, the Cowboys almost got beat by the freakin Redskins and DID get beat by the Packers. I seriously couldn't believe KC beat them... How the hell did that happen? Did the Steelers send their cheerleaders to play instead of the team?
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    It could be worse, they could've lost to the Raiders like Cincy did.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

LOL Is that how your making yourself feel better? I understand trust me, the Cowboys almost got beat by the freakin Redskins and DID get beat by the Packers. I seriously couldn't believe KC beat them... How the hell did that happen? Did the Steelers send their cheerleaders to play instead of the team?
    Well, all this losing by the Steelers sux...but at least we have a kick-ass excuse...Super Bowl hangover! Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity to remind you, Puro.
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

Well, all this losing by the Steelers sux...but at least we have a kick-ass excuse...Super Bowl hangover! Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity to remind you, Puro.
    I know I know... Guess they can't handle the pressure like a true team of champions would... haha
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    PuroFreak:
    Well the Cowboys looked like CRAP today, but at least it's a mark in the W colum!
    Nope! It wasn't pretty at all... but a win is still a W at the end of the day, and that's what matters!!!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    You gotta be kiddin' me !!! The mandy pandy media love affair with Tom Brady and the New England Patriots defies all logic . Talking about the talking heads already to crown the winner of Monday Nights game as the best team in football !?!?!? If its New Orleans at least you have a argument since their undefeated. But The Patsies have lost to rookie QB led Jets, a less than stellar Broncos team and also lost to the other undefeated team that gets no respect my Colts ! Their division is arguably the weakest in the NFL . But Tom Brady is the media darling , he can do no wrong , evidently he farts sunshine and chits gold bars . Two of the Colts division rivaks are at .500 or above and the Colts are allowing a NFL lowest 15.7 points per game. But thats Ok . We just keep on plowing ahead with our no name defense and that gawky looking Manning kid at QB . My big 'ol a_ss !!! That felt good to get off my chest !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    You gotta be kiddin' me !!! The mandy pandy media love affair with Tom Brady and the New England Patriots defies all logic . Talking about the talking heads already to crown the winner of Monday Nights game as the best team in football !?!?!? If its New Orleans at least you have a argument since their undefeated. But The Patsies have lost to rookie QB led Jets, a less than stellar Broncos team and also lost to the other undefeated team that gets no respect my Colts ! Their division is arguably the weakest in the NFL . But Tom Brady is the media darling , he can do no wrong , evidently he farts sunshine and chits gold bars . Two of the Colts division rivaks are at .500 or above and the Colts are allowing a NFL lowest 15.7 points per game. But thats Ok . We just keep on plowing ahead with our no name defense and that gawky looking Manning kid at QB . My big 'ol a_ss !!! That felt good to get off my chest !!!
    AMEN G-MAN! I can't stand the Pats and can't figure out why ESPN paises them to be the best team in NFL history. I think Tom Brady is one of the best in the league today, but the team as a whole is not that outstanding. I will be cheering my ass off for the Saints during that game!! For that matter I'll be cheering against any team that plays against New England, even if it's the Philly f'n Eagles!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    AMEN G-MAN! I can't stand the Pats and can't figure out why ESPN paises them to be the best team in NFL history. I think Tom Brady is one of the best in the league today, but the team as a whole is not that outstanding. I will be cheering my ass off for the Saints during that game!! For that matter I'll be cheering against any team that plays against New England, even if it's the Philly f'n Eagles!

+ 1
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Agreed. It was kind of funny watching the 'analysts' on ESPN last year after Brady was injured. They really didn't know how to talk about anything else it seemed.
  • Options
    My jackets are struggling mightily with the bulldogs right now. If we can hold them, we will come back and win. Good luck to Dennis Dickson and the Steelers tomorrow. He is fast if the line can just block. Of course, if they could Big Ben would be healthy?
  • Options
    Appalachian State won their playoff game today over South Carolins State? 20-14. Next week off to Richmond the team that knocked them outta the playoffs last year. Will be a good game .
  • Options
    OMG This Colts - Texans game really scares me !!! Could this be an upset ??? I don't know but I've got the beer cold , some leftover turkey sandwiches, and of course my lucky Manning Jersey on ...lets hope for a Colts blowout 45-10 yeah that sounds good ...tired of the close games !!!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    OMG This Colts - Texans game really scares me !!! Could this be an upset ??? I don't know but I've got the beer cold , some leftover turkey sandwiches, and of course my lucky Manning Jersey on ...lets hope for a Colts blowout 45-10 yeah that sounds good ...tired of the close games !!!
    The Colts are what, 14-1 against the Texans? I know that almost all of the games between these two have been close, and the Texans look a little better this year than they ever have, but it's the Colts and Manning! The only thing that might make me nervous (but only very slightly) is the fact that Dwight "The Freak" Freeney is out. But that shouldn't be enough of a set back to cause the upset. But, I guess you never know when Peyton is going to have his only-once-a-season less than stellar game. Hopefully it is not today!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:
    The Colts are what, 14-1 against the Texans? I know that almost all of the games between these two have been close, and the Texans look a little better this year than they ever have, but it's the Colts and Manning! The only thing that might make me nervous (but only very slightly) is the fact that Dwight "The Freak" Freeney is out. But that shouldn't be enough of a set back to cause the upset. But, I guess you never know when Peyton is going to have his only-once-a-season less than stellar game. Hopefully it is not today!

I hear ya brother . Freeney being out hurts but I don't think he was a 100% last week , and just playing on passing downs is still hard to heal so I'm ok with him sitting this one out and making sure he is ready for the playoffs . They are saying Kelvin Hayden may play today ...I think he need to be in there the rest of the season to be at peak for the playoffs as well. Well , almost kick off time , time to get a beer or a rum and sierra mist ...decisions decisions hahaha ...GOOOOO COLTS !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:

I hear ya brother . Freeney being out hurts but I don't think he was a 100% last week , and just playing on passing downs is still hard to heal so I'm ok with him sitting this one out and making sure he is ready for the playoffs . They are saying Kelvin Hayden may play today ...I think he need to be in there the rest of the season to be at peak for the playoffs as well. Well , almost kick off time , time to get a beer or a rum and sierra mist ...decisions decisions hahaha ...GOOOOO COLTS !!!
    Well Gene, I'm sure you were wound pretty tight through a lot of that game! DAMN! I thought the Colts were gonna fall apart at first but I am glad they pulled it off! The Skins got my hopes up for a while today against the Eagles, but sadly, they couldn't pull it off.... Now I can just hope for the Ravens to win tonight and REALLY hope the Saints and beat the Pats... GOOOOO SAINTS!!!!!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:

Well Gene, I'm sure you were wound pretty tight through a lot of that game! DAMN! I thought the Colts were gonna fall apart at first but I am glad they pulled it off! The Skins got my hopes up for a while today against the Eagles, but sadly, they couldn't pull it off.... Now I can just hope for the Ravens to win tonight and REALLY hope the Saints and beat the Pats... GOOOOO SAINTS!!!!!

Oh yeah !!! I've finally re-gained consciousness -sobriety enough to comment. WTF was that ...the cardiac Colts thats for sure ...5 straight yes 5 4th qtr come from behind wins in a row and we are 11-0. Holy Cow man . I don't think they can ever be counted out. No matter how bad they start a game or how bad it looks they never never ever panic ...what a team ! Hopefully Dwight Freeney and Kelvin Hayden come back next week. Thats another thing the big mouth colt hatin' talkin heads never mention is the colts have been racked with injuries this year , but no not a word about how they still get the job done !!! Starting safty and the biggest hitter on the Colts period Bob Sanders , gone for the year! Starting and most experienced cornerback Marlin Jackson , gone for the year ! Starting cornerback Kelvin Hayden out for more than half their games so far this year ! 2 ROOKIE cornerbacks Lacy and Powers , Lacy an undrafted free-agent MORE than holding their own and playing very solid football. LB Freddy Kiaho injured and out. Def lineman Ed Johnson , a starter, gone and re-placed ! LT has been a re-volving door protecting Manning between Ugoh and Johnson. RG Mike Pollack being surpassed by the rookie DeVan. #2 receiver Anthony Gonzalez has been out since being injured in the first game of the season and its 'next man up' with Garcon doing a very solid job and ROOKIE Austin Collie doing a great job in the slot. If this team had all their starters and all this experienced depth behind them I don't think anyone would be a threat to them !!! But let winey a_ss Tom Brady get a hang nail and its all you'll hear for a month !!! GOOOOOO COLTS !!!
    Oh and BTW the Colts won their division today although I doubt you'll hear much about it from any of the sports analysts , and I use that term lightly . Hey Marshall Faulk , do we still look like a team in shambles ? Might wanna have them goofy lookin' eyes checked when your eye doctor comes in Monday ...dumb a_ss . That felt really GOOD !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:

Oh yeah !!! I've finally re-gained consciousness -sobriety enough to comment. WTF was that ...the cardiac Colts thats for sure ...5 straight yes 5 4th qtr come from behind wins in a row and we are 11-0. Holy Cow man . I don't think they can ever be counted out. No matter how bad they start a game or how bad it looks they never never ever panic ...what a team ! Hopefully Dwight Freeney and Kelvin Hayden come back next week. Thats another thing the big mouth colt hatin' talkin heads never mention is the colts have been racked with injuries this year , but no not a word about how they still get the job done !!! Starting safty and the biggest hitter on the Colts period Bob Sanders , gone for the year! Starting and most experienced cornerback Marlin Jackson , gone for the year ! Starting cornerback Kelvin Hayden out for more than half their games so far this year ! 2 ROOKIE cornerbacks Lacy and Powers , Lacy an undrafted free-agent MORE than holding their own and playing very solid football. LB Freddy Kiaho injured and out. Def lineman Ed Johnson , a starter, gone and re-placed ! LT has been a re-volving door protecting Manning between Ugoh and Johnson. RG Mike Pollack being surpassed by the rookie DeVan. #2 receiver Anthony Gonzalez has been out since being injured in the first game of the season and its 'next man up' with Garcon doing a very solid job and ROOKIE Austin Collie doing a great job in the slot. If this team had all their starters and all this experienced depth behind them I don't think anyone would be a threat to them !!! But let winey a_ss Tom Brady get a hang nail and its all you'll hear for a month !!! GOOOOOO COLTS !!!
    Oh and BTW the Colts won their division today although I doubt you'll hear much about it from any of the sports analysts , and I use that term lightly . Hey Marshall Faulk , do we still look like a team in shambles ? Might wanna have them goofy lookin' eyes checked when your eye doctor comes in Monday ...dumb a_ss . That felt really GOOD !!!
    Faulk is probably still bitter about being traded. If he is, that's fine, but it really bugs me when these guys go into the studio and let these things cloud their judgment, as they're supposed to hold a certain amount of objectivity.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    ejenne87:
    gmill880:

Faulk is probably still bitter about being traded. If he is, that's fine, but it really bugs me when these guys go into the studio and let these things cloud their judgment, as they're supposed to hold a certain amount of objectivity.
    My previous Company Commander was recruited to play running back at San Diego State. He got a full ride and was supposed to be their second string guy. That was also the same year that Marshall Faulk decided to head to San Diego State. My CO was moved to safety as a result. He told me that he blames Faulk for forcing him to join the Army because he took away his chance at the pros haha.
  • Options
    Well it's Monday night and the game I've been the most nervous about is coming up in about an hour and guess what? I'm working! lol I will be keeping up with it the best I can and I'll be cheering in my mind through the whole damn game! GOOOOOOO SAINTS!!!!
  • Options
    AND THE SAINTS DOMINATED!!!!! They were also the first team EVER to score 3 passing TD's in one quarter against a Bill Bellecheat coached team! That should show some people out there that the Saints are for real boys! The defensive secondary controlled the Patriots receivers better than I think anyone has all year and Drew Brees was as accurate as a QB can be. These guys are dangerous and I STILL say it will be the Saints and Colts in the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    Man what a crazy day in the NFL, first of all the Saints NEARLY lose to the Skins... Who the hell would have guessed that one. I think they just let had a bit of a hang over after being so fired up for the Monday night game last week. However they did it, I'm just glad to see them still at 12-0.

For the BIG shocker to me was the Steelers getting beat by Oakland... Seriously what happened to the great Super Bowl Champions that everyone said were going to make it 2 in a row this year? I am shocked to see them lose to another nobody team. First KC now Oakland? How do you let that happen honestly? The other shocker really made my day and that was Miami beating New England. Seeing Bellecheat lose just always puts a smile on my face. Texas beat Nebraska last night in the last second of the game, so all that needs to happen for this to be the perfect football weekend for me is the Cowboys to beat the Giants. LET'S GO COWBOYS!!!!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I wish the freaking browns could win a game for once. Especially one they're supposed to win in the first place. I am disappoint.

• Options
    What a day ! Glad the Colts are still rolling and nothing beats seeing the Patriots LOSE !!!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Man what a crazy day in the NFL, first of all the Saints NEARLY lose to the Skins... Who the hell would have guessed that one. I think they just let had a bit of a hang over after being so fired up for the Monday night game last week. However they did it, I'm just glad to see them still at 12-0.

For the BIG shocker to me was the Steelers getting beat by Oakland... Seriously what happened to the great Super Bowl Champions that everyone said were going to make it 2 in a row this year? I am shocked to see them lose to another nobody team. First KC now Oakland? How do you let that happen honestly? The other shocker really made my day and that was Miami beating New England. Seeing Bellecheat lose just always puts a smile on my face. Texas beat Nebraska last night in the last second of the game, so all that needs to happen for this to be the perfect football weekend for me is the Cowboys to beat the Giants. LET'S GO COWBOYS!!!!

Puro your Saints must of had a bad hangover from the Patsies game Monday night ! Wheeew Overtime against the 'Skins ??? I did love the Miami upset as well ...the look on BB face these days is priceless !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Puro your Saints must of had a bad hangover from the Patsies game Monday night ! Wheeew Overtime against the 'Skins ??? I did love the Miami upset as well ...the look on BB face these days is priceless !!!
    Yea, that Saints game looked like one of the last 5 Colts games or something! haha I know what you've been going through now! haha Yea, I love watching the Patriots collapse like they have this year. Plus the Steelers, who all the experts kissed up to like they were Gods, getting beat down is a but rewarding to watch. Hated that the Cowboys lost today, but almost expected this one to be a loss... Gotta do better against San Diego next week!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Yea, that Saints game looked like one of the last 5 Colts games or something! haha I know what you've been going through now! haha Yea, I love watching the Patriots collapse like they have this year. Plus the Steelers, who all the experts kissed up to like they were Gods, getting beat down is a but rewarding to watch. Hated that the Cowboys lost today, but almost expected this one to be a loss... Gotta do better against San Diego next week!

Not really sure where you're coming from there...I don't think the Steelers got any more respect from the experts/commentators than is due any defending champ...not to mention last year their defense was one of the best of all time. They look like crap this year, no doubt. It doesn't help that they lost their best d lineman and their best d back, both for the season. Could be a different year if they still had Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu in. Every break that went their way last year en route to the Super Bowl is going the other way this year...just the way the cookie crumbles, but it sure does suck to watch.

Now what's really annoying is listening to announcers say things abou the Cowboy's like they're "America's Team," as if they're still relevant...today I saw they haven't had a winning December record since 2001!
  • Options
    During the pre-season and first few weeks all I heard was how the only chance the AFC had of beating the Steelers was if Tom Brady and the Patriots get back in sync early and dominate. They got nowhere near the love the Patriots get, but they got their share. And the Cowboys being "America's Team" is still their unofficial title. They are STILL the most valuable team in all the NFL AND still more merchandise than ANY team in the NFL.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    During the pre-season and first few weeks all I heard was how the only chance the AFC had of beating the Steelers was if Tom Brady and the Patriots get back in sync early and dominate. They got nowhere near the love the Patriots get, but they got their share. And the Cowboys being "America's Team" is still their unofficial title. They are STILL the most valuable team in all the NFL AND still more merchandise than ANY team in the NFL.
    Well, they were returning 20 of 22 starters from a Super Bowl team, I think, so that only makes sense to give them the love. Plus, I remember virtually everyone (ESPN, SI, etc.) picking the Pats or some other team. SI ranked the Steelers as the 8th best team at the beginning of the season. So methinks you were protesting too much about that.

But I digress, who cares about merchandise sales and frachise values (I know you're just explaining why they're mislabeled America's team)? My point is, the Steelers won the Super Bowl last year and in 2005 and they've pretty much been in the hunt every year since the 1990s with the exception of a season here or there. So they're relevant when talking about good teams. The only way the Cowboys have been relevant since the days of Troy, Michael and Emmitt is when it comes to Tony's celebrity gossip. Hell, the Mavericks are probably the best thing you guys have got going!
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Well, they were returning 20 of 22 starters from a Super Bowl team, I think, so that only makes sense to give them the love. Plus, I remember virtually everyone (ESPN, SI, etc.) picking the Pats or some other team. SI ranked the Steelers as the 8th best team at the beginning of the season. So methinks you were protesting too much about that.

But I digress, who cares about merchandise sales and frachise values (I know you're just explaining why they're mislabeled America's team)? My point is, the Steelers won the Super Bowl last year and in 2005 and they've pretty much been in the hunt every year since the 1990s with the exception of a season here or there. So they're relevant when talking about good teams. The only way the Cowboys have been relevant since the days of Troy, Michael and Emmitt is when it comes to Tony's celebrity gossip. Hell, the Mavericks are probably the best thing you guys have got going!
    It's not a mislabel, but I will admit the Steelers have been the much better team for the past decade plus. No doubt about it. I still think the Colts were the best looking team for the AFC going into this season. I give Gene a hard time about them all the time, just like i give you hell about the Steelers, but both are damn good teams. I'm really suprised yours guys are having such a hard time this year. I like to bust your chops, but really the only team I take true pleasure in watching them lose is the Patriots. lol Well... Philly too.