Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Support Your Team!

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Luko:
    laker1963:
    Great hockey game last night. Not the outcome I was looking for, but it was a very entertaining game. Congratulations to all the US players.
    I couldnt' agree more!!! You are talking about the Pens beating Atl, right?
    No silly, the Pens and and Atlanta are full of Canadian players not US players LMAO.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Holy crap I love the playoffs!!!! I can't believe the Cowboys won and the Patriots are out! Life is pretty good right now. I said all along I just wanted the Boys to win at least one in the playoffs this year and they have done that... If they lose this weekend I'll be dissapointed, but I'll still be happy with a decent season with plenty to cheer for. Should be an AWESOME weekend of football!
  • Options
    Hey G-man, how nervous/excited are you about next weekend if the Colts and Chargers both advance? That should be THE game of a AFC playoffs! This weekend with the Cowboys facing the Vikings makes me nervous, but the chance of the Chargers and Colts going head to head sounds like a battle in the making! Damn good post season so far this year! If the Colts and the Cowboys make it to the Bowl, you wanna keep our same bet that we have if it's the Saints and Colts?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    Hey G-man, how nervous/excited are you about next weekend if the Colts and Chargers both advance? That should be THE game of a AFC playoffs! This weekend with the Cowboys facing the Vikings makes me nervous, but the chance of the Chargers and Colts going head to head sounds like a battle in the making! Damn good post season so far this year! If the Colts and the Cowboys make it to the Bowl, you wanna keep our same bet that we have if it's the Saints and Colts?

Yeah same bet man thats cool. I think if the Colts and Chargers make it that WILL be the superbowl...can't imagine a much more exciting game. Really pumped about Saturday night's game and as the song says " I've got a peaceful easy feelin ,,,cause I know they wont let me down " hahaha !!! My new companys really cool as well ...were open till 8 PM but my supervisor and I were talking about the playoffs and I told him how long I had pulled for the Colts and he's like hey unless we are swamped I'll try to get you out by 6 pm ( Its almost an hour drive home) You'll have time to get home and get everything set-up and ready !!! Great guy ...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    PuroFreak:
    Holy crap I love the playoffs!!!! I can't believe the Cowboys won and the Patriots are out! Life is pretty good right now. I said all along I just wanted the Boys to win at least one in the playoffs this year and they have done that... If they lose this weekend I'll be dissapointed, but I'll still be happy with a decent season with plenty to cheer for. Should be an AWESOME weekend of football!

Im a huge Pats fan and I can beleive they are out. Their D has been horrible all year long. Basically they have been a bully all year, really beating up on the bad teams and losing to any team with a modicum of talent.

Coming into the year I thought the Pats were going to better.

I am shocked that the Boys turned it around so quickly!

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Go Celts

• Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Yeah same bet man thats cool. I think if the Colts and Chargers make it that WILL be the superbowl...can't imagine a much more exciting game. Really pumped about Saturday night's game and as the song says " I've got a peaceful easy feelin ,,,cause I know they wont let me down " hahaha !!! My new companys really cool as well ...were open till 8 PM but my supervisor and I were talking about the playoffs and I told him how long I had pulled for the Colts and he's like hey unless we are swamped I'll try to get you out by 6 pm ( Its almost an hour drive home) You'll have time to get home and get everything set-up and ready !!! Great guy ...
    Thats awesome man! I hope you make it home in time to catch the whole game! I'll be working saturday night, but I'm off all day Sunday so I'll be at home with some good food, a few good drinks, and cheering my ass off for the Cowboys! Cheer for the Colts for me Saturday bud!
  • Options
    Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

I actually think the NFC is the stronger division this year. Never know how it is going to play out but only team that I think is super strong in the AFC is the chargers.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Thats awesome man! I hope you make it home in time to catch the whole game! I'll be working saturday night, but I'm off all day Sunday so I'll be at home with some good food, a few good drinks, and cheering my ass off for the Cowboys! Cheer for the Colts for me Saturday bud!

That sucks you have to work bro but at least you'll get to see your Cowboys Sunday !!!
  • Options
    Cooper33:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

I actually think the NFC is the stronger division this year. Never know how it is going to play out but only team that I think is super strong in the AFC is the chargers.
    I'm more of an NFC fan myself because of the Cowboys and Saints, but how you can you denie that the Colts are one of the top teams in the NFL right now? They have the most explosive offense that can put up a lot of points in a hurry, and a defense that has struggled with injuries, and still shut down some great teams.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Cooper33:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

I'm more of an NFC fan myself because of the Cowboys and Saints, but how you can you denie that the Colts are one of the top teams in the NFL right now? They have the most explosive offense that can put up a lot of points in a hurry, and a defense that has struggled with injuries, and still shut down some great teams.
    Eh well I'm no expert, and my picks have been terrible this year (last place in the bowl challenge here)..but the Colts don't scare me because they rely a lot on rookie wide receivers. The colts have had to come from behind in quite a few games this year, and I wouldn't bet on those young WR pulling their weight in crunch time in the playoffs. Their defense is much improved this year, and that may well be the X factor. It wouldn't surprise me if the Ravens beat them this week, but then that's true of anyone in the playoffs.

In my novice opinion O-line and D-line play impacts the playoffs the most, and right now Dallas is playing better than anyone in those areas.
  • Options
    Well the Saints showed those last 3 games were not a sign of things to come... Now it's almost time for the Colts and Ravens to throw down! I wish I was sitting at home with a good drink in front of the big screen watching it!
  • Options
    Wooo Hooooo !!! COLTS !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Haha Congrats to your Colts G-man! hell of a game they played and I hope they beat the crap out of the Jets this weekend, but they better enjoy it while it lasts, cause it will be their last win of the year since they will be facing the Saints next! hahaha
  • Options
    I couldn't have scripted the NFC any better. I'm a huge Saints fan, only eclipsed by my heterosexual love for Brett Favre. No matter what I should be happy with who is going to the SuperBowl for the NFC.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Cooper33:
    I couldn't have scripted the NFC any better. I'm a huge Saints fan, only eclipsed by my heterosexual love for Brett Favre. No matter what I should be happy with who is going to the SuperBowl for the NFC.
    I'm moving to Minnesota just to become a true Vikings fan, that game was unreal.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Not my team, but I was hoping you guys might appreciate a little bit of da bears and their biggest fan.

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Cooper33:
    I'm moving to Minnesota just to become a true Vikings fan, that game was unreal.
    I saw that game while at my local shop. Amazing 4th quarter!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooper33:
    I feel the same way. The Saints have never made it to the big one and it would be great for them, but I am also a huge Favre fan. Now if the Jets can pull the upset of the century...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Haha Congrats to your Colts G-man! hell of a game they played and I hope they beat the crap out of the Jets this weekend, but they better enjoy it while it lasts, cause it will be their last win of the year since they will be facing the Saints next! hahaha

You Mr. Puro need to quit smoking that stuff your confiscating !!! Turn it in like your supposed to man !!!
  • Options
    SKOL VIKINGS!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

You Mr. Puro need to quit smoking that stuff your confiscating !!! Turn it in like your supposed to man !!!
    I'll go ahead and PM you my address so you know where to send my prize pack man. I figure it will just save you a little time if you make out the address now while you aren't crying... Will be easier to write if the paper isn't wet... LMAO Just messin with ya bro. I hope the Colts and Saints face off for the big game because it's two teams I really like and should be a hell of a shoot out!
  • Options
    I just hope we crush the New Yawk Slack Jaw Jets !!!
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    Colts colts colts colts Colts colts colts colts Colts colts colts colts Colts colts colts colts Colts colts colts colts Colts colts colts colts Colts colts colts colts Colts colts colts colts Colts colts colts colts Colts colts colts colts vikings
  • Options
    gmill880:
    AMEN TO THAT!!! They should have never made it past the Bengals and damn sure not San Diego. I hope you guys tear them apart Sunday!
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    AMEN TO THAT!!! They should have never made it past the Bengals and damn sure not San Diego. I hope you guys tear them apart Sunday!

It is going to be crazy at Lucas Oil Stadium tomorrow afternoon, I can't wait to for the noise. Dirty Sanchez will not know what hit him!!
  • Options
    nudienudie Posts: 112
    rmccloud:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

It is going to be crazy at Lucas Oil Stadium tomorrow afternoon, I can't wait to for the noise. Dirty Sanchez will not know what hit him!!
    I defnilly like where your head is
  • Options
    Will Favre really retire this time if they let him win?
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    jacketsrule:

He likes the attention to much from the media to retire. He has to have someone talking about him to feel like he means something. He will never go away.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jacketsrule:
    The last I heard, he already has a 13 million dollar deal for next year, he's not going away yet.