Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Support Your Team!

Comments

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Can't wait for T.O. Jr., aka Dez Bryant, to start the methodical tearing apart of the team.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Luko:
    Can't wait for T.O. Jr., aka Dez Bryant, to start the methodical tearing apart of the team.
    No no, you have that all wrong, he will start methodically tearing apart the secondary of every team they face all year.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate to defend the Cowboys for anything-----but Dez did sign pretty early...not very diva like, so I dont know about the T.O. references.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    I hate to defend the Cowboys for anything-----but Dez did sign pretty early...not very diva like, so I dont know about the T.O. references.
    I'm with ya on this one. The T.O. reference kinda misses when talking about Dez. The kid got in some trouble in college, but he seems to have a good attitude so far and seemed to be busting his ass to be the number one receiver for the Cowboys until he got hurt. I think the competition among the wide outs will improve the team this year.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    I'm with ya on this one. The T.O. reference kinda misses when talking about Dez. The kid got in some trouble in college, but he seems to have a good attitude so far and seemed to be busting his ass to be the number one receiver for the Cowboys until he got hurt. I think the competition among the wide outs will improve the team this year.
    Isn't his mama a whoer...methinks he's not made of sturdy stuff and when things get tough, he's gonna fall apart like Tony Romo handling a snap during a playoff game. The seemingly minor rookie hazing flap tells you all you need to know about his me-first attitude.
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    Isn't his mama a whoer...methinks he's not made of sturdy stuff and when things get tough, he's gonna fall apart like Tony Romo handling a snap during a playoff game. The seemingly minor rookie hazing flap tells you all you need to know about his me-first attitude.
    Actually, if you followed the Cowboys much you would know the hazing thing was a misunderstanding. He didn't know that was something that was done every year and he even said had he known he would have carried everyones pads off the field.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    Actually, if you followed the Cowboys much you would know the hazing thing was a misunderstanding. He didn't know that was something that was done every year and he even said had he known he would have carried everyones pads off the field.
    Actually, if I followed the Cowboys much I wouldn't have very many brain cells! Just bustin your chops, I think Dez Bryant is a great talent who will probably contend for rookie of the year and in 5 years be somewhere between Steve Smith and T.O. in both talent and his ability to disrupt the chemistry of whatever team he's playing on.

I did hear his excuse, and please tell me you are aware it was total bullshit? He knew what he was doing. He's above carrying pads, which is fine. But it tells you something.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    Actually, if I followed the Cowboys much I wouldn't have very many brain cells! Just bustin your chops, I think Dez Bryant is a great talent who will probably contend for rookie of the year and in 5 years be somewhere between Steve Smith and T.O. in both talent and his ability to disrupt the chemistry of whatever team he's playing on.

I did hear his excuse, and please tell me you are aware it was total bullshit? He knew what he was doing. He's above carrying pads, which is fine. But it tells you something.
    He didn't carry the pads, but he's also been buying the WR's lunches and dinners, and he bought them all new shoes. He's making up for it. Comparing him to T.O. is drastic. He's a young kid who's had Deion Sanders in his ear for the past two years. Deion's track record as a 'mentor' is pretty rough. He'll come around soon enough. T.O. is a grown man acting like a punk. Dez will start to grow as his time with the team and the league progresses.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Being a Jaguar fan is kind of lonely and disheartening right now, just saying.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    fla-gypsy:
    Isn't there rumblings that they could relocate? That team used to be a contender too.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    fla-gypsy:
    Try being a Bears fan!

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Tell me about it-----although I see a fight for a wild card spot this year (and more than than if we wouldve fired Lovie)
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Just getting ready to sit down and watch week 2 of the Browns pre-season. I am just looking for competitive this season. I think they can at least make the games fun to watch. Just carry over from the end of last season.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    Also glad football is back Puro----but your last post, I thought it was a real suprise that the Texans are the #10 sports franchise. I acutally own a hat of theirs that I got for 3 bucks, and had no idea they were that much of a money maker----of course they have some talent now so Im sure we will see more Texans fans every day.

As a side note, its sad the the top ten in value also include so many teams that make my F-U list ......Hello Dallas, Jets, Yankees, and Giants......lol
    Yea, but at least the f'ing Steelers aren't on that list! hahaha
    so, let me see if I understand your point...Steelers have more SB wins than any other franchise, including your cowgirls, but your franchise is woth more (according to Forbes). Ok, I can live with that.
    And your guys have a rapist QB... Hmmm... I can live with that. LMAO Just messing with you! I don't believe that crap for a minute. I think he is kind of a douche, but no more than I think many Cowboys over the years have been. Just like to bust your chops. It is off though that with all those wins, your team still aint worth jack sh*t! haha
    He is an ***, no doubt...just one in a long line of NFL qbs who were/are egotistical, self-serving jerks who could throw the *** out of the ball. Not a rapist, just a pig with no game when it comes to women.

What I don't understand how someone with such great taste in cigars can have such **** taste when it comes to picking the Cowboys as his favorite team???

By the way, can't wait for the day when Romo boots Ben off the front page after one of Romo's boyfriends reveals their relationship.
    LMFAO Good comeback!!! Damn I missed football season and all the trash talk with you bud! Now we just need Gene in here bragging about his Colts! Welcome back NFL!!!
    Likewise...I know it's pathetic, but I can't wait for our first preseason game on Saturday. Also looking forward to watching Hard Knocks with the Jets...interesting to see what happens with them, but everybody seems to like them too much. I think they're a letdown this season. I love Gene, but his Colts are just abou as bad as them damn Boys. Go Stillers...they have a pattern: win Super Bowl, have let down year, and then a bounce back year.
    I don't see a bounceback year happening for them, I think they will really struggle this year. But I am sooo ready for football! This weekend we have games every day starting Thursday night. I have to work Thursday, but I'll be off for 5 days starting Friday morning around 5am so I'll be watching every minute of football I can all weekend. My 2 year old son is as excited about football being back on as I am! That kid would watch a football game or baseball game before cartoons any day! lol

Pacman, you are in good company brother! Stick around here and help me talk some trash to these Cowboy haters this season!

Boys, boys, boys ...you guys are soooooo funny !

Alright , I'm gonna look into my crystal ball and tell you about this seasons superbowl. I know its early and I hate to ruin the season for ya but your big boys , you can handle it. It's Colts vs Vikings. Final score 37-17 Colts !!! Another MVP for my boy Manning. Manning throws for two scores and RUNS for another ! Favre throws 5 picks ( one returned for a TD by Kelvin Hayden). Favre is sacked 7 TIMES and leaves the game with about 5 minutes to go when one of his o-linemen in a hurry to drop back in pass protection (if thats what ya call it) steps on and breaks his big toe !!! Favre returns home and seeking a home remedy soaks his big toe in Mississippi mud packs which leads to a major infection due to oil particles from the Gulf being mixed in the mud. This in turn leads to his final retirement . There ya have it ... you heard it here first ! Whats that ??? ... Why yes I have been drinking ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    Also glad football is back Puro----but your last post, I thought it was a real suprise that the Texans are the #10 sports franchise. I acutally own a hat of theirs that I got for 3 bucks, and had no idea they were that much of a money maker----of course they have some talent now so Im sure we will see more Texans fans every day.

As a side note, its sad the the top ten in value also include so many teams that make my F-U list ......Hello Dallas, Jets, Yankees, and Giants......lol
    so, let me see if I understand your point...Steelers have more SB wins than any other franchise, including your cowgirls, but your franchise is woth more (according to Forbes). Ok, I can live with that.
    And your guys have a rapist QB... Hmmm... I can live with that. LMAO Just messing with you! I don't believe that crap for a minute. I think he is kind of a douche, but no more than I think many Cowboys over the years have been. Just like to bust your chops. It is off though that with all those wins, your team still aint worth jack sh*t! haha
    He is an ***, no doubt...just one in a long line of NFL qbs who were/are egotistical, self-serving jerks who could throw the *** out of the ball. Not a rapist, just a pig with no game when it comes to women.

What I don't understand how someone with such great taste in cigars can have such **** taste when it comes to picking the Cowboys as his favorite team???

By the way, can't wait for the day when Romo boots Ben off the front page after one of Romo's boyfriends reveals their relationship.
    LMFAO Good comeback!!! Damn I missed football season and all the trash talk with you bud! Now we just need Gene in here bragging about his Colts! Welcome back NFL!!!
    Likewise...I know it's pathetic, but I can't wait for our first preseason game on Saturday. Also looking forward to watching Hard Knocks with the Jets...interesting to see what happens with them, but everybody seems to like them too much. I think they're a letdown this season. I love Gene, but his Colts are just abou as bad as them damn Boys. Go Stillers...they have a pattern: win Super Bowl, have let down year, and then a bounce back year.
    I don't see a bounceback year happening for them, I think they will really struggle this year. But I am sooo ready for football! This weekend we have games every day starting Thursday night. I have to work Thursday, but I'll be off for 5 days starting Friday morning around 5am so I'll be watching every minute of football I can all weekend. My 2 year old son is as excited about football being back on as I am! That kid would watch a football game or baseball game before cartoons any day! lol

Pacman, you are in good company brother! Stick around here and help me talk some trash to these Cowboy haters this season!

Alright , I'm gonna look into my crystal ball and tell you about this seasons superbowl. I know its early and I hate to ruin the season for ya but your big boys , you can handle it. It's Colts vs Vikings. Final score 37-17 Colts !!! Another MVP for my boy Manning. Manning throws for two scores and RUNS for another ! Favre throws 5 picks ( one returned for a TD by Kelvin Hayden). Favre is sacked 7 TIMES and leaves the game with about 5 minutes to go when one of his o-linemen in a hurry to drop back in pass protection (if thats what ya call it) steps on and breaks his big toe !!! Favre returns home and seeking a home remedy soaks his big toe in Mississippi mud packs which leads to a major infection due to oil particles from the Gulf being mixed in the mud. This in turn leads to his final retirement . There ya have it ... you heard it here first ! Whats that ??? ... Why yes I have been drinking ...
    Now that is a prediction. It might be complete nonsense, but by god it's a prediction.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:

Hahaha That's awesome G-man! Probably not even close to being accurate because the Colts aren't going to the Super Bowl this year, but FUNNY! lol It's good to have you joining the trash talk again brother! Damn I've missed football season!!!
  • Options
    Colts not going to the superbowl ??? Thats just pure blasphemy (sp) ...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Chiefs are a joke again! What rebuilding year is this? 20th or something?
  • Options
    These last 2 weekends of pre-season football can't wrap up soon enough! I'm ready for some meaningful games and my fantasy football league to get rolling! Then we can have some real trash talk around here and hope we have some new guys join in the regular conversation... Seem like Gene, Luko, and I are the ones that have been the mouthiest around here! lol Glad both of you guys are still around to carry on the tradition.
  • Options
    he NFL regular season is now officially underway!!! This is a glorious day!
  • Options
    glorious indeed my brother ...
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    They are debuting two NEW Brett Favre's commercials during this game!

One for Liberty Mutual and one for AARP!
  • Options
    Lasabar:

Actually it's 3 because he is also the spokesman for Geritol who is the sponser of the post game show.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Lasabar:

Actually it's 3 because he is also the spokesman for Geritol who is the sponser of the post game show.
    and ****
  • Options
    Well the Saints got off to a slow start, but against a tough team. I'm glad to see they repeated this game from last year. It's going to be a damn good season!!

So Gene, are you nervous about your Colts this weekend? For some reason the Texans have always been a tough team for them to overcome... I'm sure they will win, but there is always that chance with Houston! I expect them to be a dramatically improved team this year.
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    So anybody see Roman Harper lay Brett Favre out? That was fantastic! Go Saints!!! Whodat!!!

• Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Who Dat!? Who Dat!?

Time to get back to football boys!
  • Options
    SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    gmill880:
    Favre is sacked 7 TIMES and leaves the game with about 5 minutes to go when one of his o-linemen in a hurry to drop back in pass protection (if thats what ya call it) steps on and breaks his big toe !!! Favre returns home and seeking a home remedy soaks his big toe in Mississippi mud packs which leads to a major infection due to oil particles from the Gulf being mixed in the mud. This in turn leads to his final retirement . There ya have it ... you heard it here first ! Whats that ??? ... Why yes I have been drinking ...
    Can't wait to see him go home crying!!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Well the Saints got off to a slow start, but against a tough team. I'm glad to see they repeated this game from last year. It's going to be a damn good season!!

So Gene, are you nervous about your Colts this weekend? For some reason the Texans have always been a tough team for them to overcome... I'm sure they will win, but there is always that chance with Houston! I expect them to be a dramatically improved team this year.

Naah I'm not nervous at all Jason . I feel great about the Offense ...Defense ...Special Teams ... Kick Returners ...Kickers ...of course , I do expect to sober up a bit before kick-off heh heh heh ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:

Naah I'm not nervous at all Jason . I feel great about the Offense ...Defense ...Special Teams ... Kick Returners ...Kickers ...of course , I do expect to sober up a bit before kick-off heh heh heh ...
    Hahaha But maybe back to drunk before the game is over probably right? Should be an awesome day of football!