Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Support Your Team!

Comments

• Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    So, um, Puro...How bout them Cowboys? Sure they're perptually overhyped, but this year may take the cake. Ouch. And for the record, the Steelers handled the Titans and Chris Johnson this year. All kidding aside, I feel bad for you and will allow you a one-time pass on the Steelers bandwagon. Warning, once you climb on, you'll never want to climb back off.
    Haha Thats funny, but I've never said the Cowboys were a great team this year. I'm a fan, but I'm realistic... Unlike you... You're still fooling yourself into thinking your Steelers have a shot. Keep the dream brother cause that's ALL YOU GOT!! hahaha Was a crappy day for me though, the Rangers started off getting their **** kicked, then the Saints lost to Arizona and the Cowboys lost! Then just to top if off the Eagles won and that is the worst team in America with the worst fans ever... What a f***ing day...

Better than losing to the Raiders....
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,,,,,, DAMN YOU JAGS ..... bit_ches ......
    Wow man... They weren't showing the game here so I didn't get to see it. How the hell did they lose to the Jags??? Are you getting worried about your team yet?

not worried at all yet. jags always seem to play us close just like the texans. we should have run away with the game actually. if we don't have the two turnovers deep in jags territory its a cake walk . oh well, its on to next week ...
    Might wanna watch out against KC! They have surprised some people this year! I'm sure the Colts will win, but KC has improved dramatically in the off season.
    As for my Cowboys, If they play like they did in week three we will kick the crap out of the Titans, but if we play like we did week one and two we weill get our **** handed to us. Here's hoping!

Well at least your Steelers are safe this week Luko... Have to wait until next week for big Ben to get beat... ;)

Yeah I'm hoping KC doesn't run all over us. We have already lost 3 safty's this year , Sanders,Bullitt and Silva. Jeeeez !!!
    Yea, my buddy Nick is from KC and is a huge fan. He has been excited as hell that they are 3-0. I don't wanna burst his bubble, but that will probably change this weekend!

Colts in a blowout at home ...Colts 48 Chiefs 10 ... ya heard it here first ( sorry Nick) : )
    Ohhhh I don't know about all that! lol I don't think the beat up Colts D can hold KC to 10 points... Should be a fun game though.

OK ...how about 9 instead of 10 heeheehee ...
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,,,,,, DAMN YOU JAGS ..... bit_ches ......
    Wow man... They weren't showing the game here so I didn't get to see it. How the hell did they lose to the Jags??? Are you getting worried about your team yet?

not worried at all yet. jags always seem to play us close just like the texans. we should have run away with the game actually. if we don't have the two turnovers deep in jags territory its a cake walk . oh well, its on to next week ...
    Might wanna watch out against KC! They have surprised some people this year! I'm sure the Colts will win, but KC has improved dramatically in the off season.
    As for my Cowboys, If they play like they did in week three we will kick the crap out of the Titans, but if we play like we did week one and two we weill get our **** handed to us. Here's hoping!

Well at least your Steelers are safe this week Luko... Have to wait until next week for big Ben to get beat... ;)

Yeah I'm hoping KC doesn't run all over us. We have already lost 3 safty's this year , Sanders,Bullitt and Silva. Jeeeez !!!
    Yea, my buddy Nick is from KC and is a huge fan. He has been excited as hell that they are 3-0. I don't wanna burst his bubble, but that will probably change this weekend!

Colts in a blowout at home ...Colts 48 Chiefs 10 ... ya heard it here first ( sorry Nick) : )
    Ohhhh I don't know about all that! lol I don't think the beat up Colts D can hold KC to 10 points... Should be a fun game though.
    KC is one of my adopted teams since I live here now, and I say they're gonna shock the world this week! A win over the Dolts will prove to the rest of the league that they're for real instead of just a cute feel-good anomaly. GO CHEFS! (Ya dont spell it that way... great googly moogly... LOL)

Actually that spelling fits right in since the Chefs couldn't come up with a recipe for a TD against the lowly Colt defense ...sorry sniper ...couldn't resist !!!~
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    dennisking:
    kinda hoping Bama loses this week. I want Ohio State and Oregon to go to the Nat. Champ game. a repeat of last years Rose Bowl, but bigger. I am a Buckeye and Duck fan. I went to the Stanford/Oregon game last week, holy crap balls they looked good.
    Well after tonights game it looks like this isnt going to happen. The Buckeyes had me thinking they were going to pull it out again but came up short. Oh well at least I have the Browns tomorrow, Oh crap there playing the Steelers. Well looks like this is not going to be my weekend.
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Go Badgers!!!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Nah, I won't even try to pile on. Has to be rough. So when do you think Wade will start paying attention to stuff like discipline and accountability. So many stupid mistakes and penalties, but he always seems to have excuses. By the time you guys are 1-10, maybe he'll realize talent alone dont win games.

The Steelers, on the other hand, roll on. The D wasn't quite as dominant today, but the offensive showed up nicely thanks to Benjamin (remember, no more Big Ben).
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Luko:
    Nah, I won't even try to pile on. Has to be rough. So when do you think Wade will start paying attention to stuff like discipline and accountability. So many stupid mistakes and penalties, but he always seems to have excuses. By the time you guys are 1-10, maybe he'll realize talent alone dont win games.

The Steelers, on the other hand, roll on. The D wasn't quite as dominant today, but the offensive showed up nicely thanks to Benjamin (remember, no more Big Ben).
    Are you really gonna brag about beating the Browns? haha And yes discipline is a BIG issue with this team, but the other biggest problem is Jason Garrett... When you have 4 big weapons out there to work the field with, you don't run screen after screen after screen to Felix Jones. Seriously pathetic.
  • Options
    Glad for a bye-week as banged up as the Colts are ...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:

Are you really gonna brag about beating the Browns? haha And yes discipline is a BIG issue with this team, but the other biggest problem is Jason Garrett... When you have 4 big weapons out there to work the field with, you don't run screen after screen after screen to Felix Jones. Seriously pathetic.
    Not bragging, per se. But the Steelers played a 1-4 team and handled their business. Guess the Vikings can say the same thing.
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:

Not bragging, per se. But the Steelers played a 1-4 team and handled their business. Guess the Vikings can say the same thing.
    Of course they handled the Browns... Ben has had a lot of practice handling things lately! Like rape charges and public ridicule...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:

Of course they handled the Browns... Ben has had a lot of practice handling things lately! Like rape charges and public ridicule...
    Hey now...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Michigan State will be at Northwestern this Sat. Lets hope they can be strong on the road and stay undefeated!
  • Options
    I know this isn't a baseball thread butttt ... Madison Bumgarner is pitching for the SF Giants tonight. He is a local kid who grew up in the same small town I did and went to the same high school.
  • Options
    gmill880:
    I know this isn't a baseball thread butttt ... Madison Bumgarner is pitching for the SF Giants tonight. He is a local kid who grew up in the same small town I did and went to the same high school.
    Don't worry about it Gene, at least you haven't tried to hijack it into a college football thread like some of these guys! haha
    He seems to be doing quite well too though. A lot better than the Rangers started CJ Wilson did today. He was a great pitcher pretty much all year but was off bad today. Hopefully Colby Lewis can finish the Yankees off Friday so Cliff Lee will be rested up to start the World Series.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Don't worry about it Gene, at least you haven't tried to hijack it into a college football thread like some of these guys! haha
    He seems to be doing quite well too though. A lot better than the Rangers started CJ Wilson did today. He was a great pitcher pretty much all year but was off bad today. Hopefully Colby Lewis can finish the Yankees off Friday so Cliff Lee will be rested up to start the World Series.
    Baseball is sooooooooooooooooo boring. That being said, I think at this point, I'm rooting for Texas. Cliff Lee is a beast. Plus it's awesome watching the Yanks lose.
  • Options
    Whoever said it would be a good idea to have John Kitna as a backup QB should be beat to **** death... Seriously?? He can't even be called a hasbeen because he NEVER was worth a sh*t... It is a crazy season in the NFL though. No real powerhouse teams out there. I know you will argue that the Steelers are that team Luko, but they are about a minute away from falling apart. Plus they have had a pretty soft schedule so far. The only real teams they have played are the Ravens and the Titans and we know how that Ravens game turned out... And the Titans aren't that great. There aren't any clear standouts in the NFL right now and I wouldn't even feel comfortable picking the two teams that will end up in the big game... If I had to pick an AFC team I would say the Colts (yes Gene your Colts! lol) or the Jets. Should be an interesting season even if my #1 team does suck.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Whoever said it would be a good idea to have John Kitna as a backup QB should be beat to **** death... Seriously?? He can't even be called a hasbeen because he NEVER was worth a sh*t... It is a crazy season in the NFL though. No real powerhouse teams out there. I know you will argue that the Steelers are that team Luko, but they are about a minute away from falling apart. Plus they have had a pretty soft schedule so far. The only real teams they have played are the Ravens and the Titans and we know how that Ravens game turned out... And the Titans aren't that great. There aren't any clear standouts in the NFL right now and I wouldn't even feel comfortable picking the two teams that will end up in the big game... If I had to pick an AFC team I would say the Colts (yes Gene your Colts! lol) or the Jets. Should be an interesting season even if my #1 team does suck.
    It has been a very different season and weird just doesn't cover it. Teams that have no business winning and teams who you think should be good come out flat. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the players unions and talks of strikes and lockout next season or maybe all of the rule changes? With that this season will def. be harder to pick out the teams that go to the big game. And Romo screwed up my fantasy game.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Pittsburgh isn't bad, they barely beat ATL ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Why in the f**k would you have Kitna as a QB? Seriously! This guy isn't even a has-been... He sucked the day he came into the NFL and now is pushing 40 and sucks just as much if not worse!

My suggestion would be to make a call to Graham Harrell, former Texas Tech qb, who is playing in the Canadian Football League, and ask him if he wants a job in Dallas!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Dude, you're a little bit delusional here. I love the "we haven't beat anybody argument." Well, we're 5-1 and we beat damn nearly every they put in front of us, unlike your Cowboys, who couldn't beat Texas (as in university) right now. And we lost to Baltimore (in Baltimore) in the last two minutes (in a game we could have had sewn up if not for some overly conservative play calling near the goal line). I know it's a hard pill for a Dallas fan to swallow, but yes, we're among the best, if not the best teams in the league right now. That could change in a few weeks, but we are the powerhouse for now.

Maybe you're just bitter cause Dallas hasn't been the powerhouse for years (and years)! But that could change with Kitna...maybe he'll be your saviour!
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    Dude, you're a little bit delusional here. I love the "we haven't beat anybody argument." Well, we're 5-1 and we beat damn nearly every they put in front of us, unlike your Cowboys, who couldn't beat Texas (as in university) right now. And we lost to Baltimore (in Baltimore) in the last two minutes (in a game we could have had sewn up if not for some overly conservative play calling near the goal line). I know it's a hard pill for a Dallas fan to swallow, but yes, we're among the best, if not the best teams in the league right now. That could change in a few weeks, but we are the powerhouse for now.

Maybe you're just bitter cause Dallas hasn't been the powerhouse for years (and years)! But that could change with Kitna...maybe he'll be your saviour!
    of course, loud mouth that I am, now my team is playing like ***, at least for the last two quarters.
  • Options
    Luko:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

of course, loud mouth that I am, now my team is playing like ***, at least for the last two quarters.
    Before I say I told you so... Just have to point out that I'm not bitter at all. I've been a Cowboys fan through seasons just as bad if not worse than this. That's part of being a real fan. Love your team win or lose.

Now on to what I was saying, the Steelers have done well with their soft schedule so far this season, but when they face a REAL team... Well, I guess that pretty much spoke for itself tonight didn't it? hehe I figured this would be a good post for my number 3,000! lol Feel special Luko, it was JUST FOR YOU! haha
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

Before I say I told you so... Just have to point out that I'm not bitter at all. I've been a Cowboys fan through seasons just as bad if not worse than this. That's part of being a real fan. Love your team win or lose.

Now on to what I was saying, the Steelers have done well with their soft schedule so far this season, but when they face a REAL team... Well, I guess that pretty much spoke for itself tonight didn't it? hehe I figured this would be a good post for my number 3,000! lol Feel special Luko, it was JUST FOR YOU! haha

You basturd! You made me jinx my team. Well, we played a crap game and we sink to the ranks of the rest of the 5-2s.

Do me a favor though, go look at the NFL schedule and standings. We're 5-2 and our opponents combined record is 31-20 and the only team on our schedule with a losing record is the Brownies at 2-5. Never mind...I'll just give it to you.
    Atlanta...5-2
    Tennesee...5-3
    Tampa Bay...5-2
    Baltimore...5-2
    Browns...2-5
    Dolphins...4-3
    Saints...5-3.

Nothing soft about that schedule bro.

But you have a good outlook for the Cowboys...you gotta root for your team through thick and thin. Lately you've had lots of practice with thin!

And by the way, happy 3,000th.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have some advice for the Cowboy fans. Take your QB, thump him on the head real good, give him a week off, and he will play like there is no tommorrow. Worked for the Jags! LOL
  • Options
    Well this was a strange week! Jets struggled to put away the Lions and the Colts lost to the Eagles... I think the Colts loss hurt the most because I hate the Eagles and Michael Vick so damn bad. But at least the Jets did win and the Saints won big. If KC and Indy would have pulled it off it would have made this pathetic performance from the Cowboys a little easier to deal with. It should only be 21-7 instead of 28-7 because of a bad call on a fumble, but that doesn't really help much either. The good news is we will have GREAT position in the draft for next season! haha
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am done with football this year. Missouri Tigers and the Kansas City Chiefs are losers and I am done.I can't handle the anger and disappointment anymore. I have nothing else nice left to say. Good Day!
  • Options
    jsnake:
    I am done with football this year. Missouri Tigers and the Kansas City Chiefs are losers and I am done.I can't handle the anger and disappointment anymore. I have nothing else nice left to say. Good Day!
    Seriously have you even watched KC this year? The Chiefs are leading their division and have a damn good looking team full of young talent this year. That is one team that has really impressed me.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Can i Say Hell Yeah for my Browns........ Unlike Most People In this world (I said Most so back off) who are Bandwagon Jumpers.... I have been a True Browns Fan since Birth...... my first Game in Cleveland Stadium was at the age of 5 with My Grandfather.... some 60 games later and no Superbowls and a couple of Pisss poor Playoff Chances... I still am a Browns Backer...... Beating Tom **** Brady today Like a redheaded stepchild was SWEET! Now we are looking like there may be some good football in the future but who knows I live Just for today and Like Man Vs Food ... today FOOD and Man won with the Browns Victory over the Patsys..........
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Can i Say Hell Yeah for my Browns........ Unlike Most People In this world (I said Most so back off) who are Bandwagon Jumpers.... I have been a True Browns Fan since Birth...... my first Game in Cleveland Stadium was at the age of 5 with My Grandfather.... some 60 games later and no Superbowls and a couple of Pisss poor Playoff Chances... I still am a Browns Backer...... Beating Tom **** Brady today Like a redheaded stepchild was SWEET! Now we are looking like there may be some good football in the future but who knows I live Just for today and Like Man Vs Food ... today FOOD and Man won with the Browns Victory over the Patsys..........
    I understand where you are coming from. My Lions are not doing so well, again but I will be a fan to the end. I think that this year is a little off because of all the injuries and teams are just getting better in general....maybe.

In other great news my MSU Spartans are 9-1. Too bad they didn't show up against Illinois (credit where it is due they played a great game and beat us). I don't think we were a top 5 team but we are def. a top 10 team. Come on Rose Bowl!
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I understand where you are coming from. My Lions are not doing so well, again but I will be a fan to the end. I think that this year is a little off because of all the injuries and teams are just getting better in general....maybe.

In other great news my MSU Spartans are 9-1. Too bad they didn't show up against Illinois (credit where it is due they played a great game and beat us). I don't think we were a top 5 team but we are def. a top 10 team. Come on Rose Bowl!

Colts fan since being born in baltimore in "59 ........19 not 1859 hahaha ...