Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Support Your Team!

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Damn injuries continue to mount ... I dont think another NFL team has lost as many key players as colts
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    gmill880:
    Sandman1am:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Can i Say Hell Yeah for my Browns........ Unlike Most People In this world (I said Most so back off) who are Bandwagon Jumpers.... I have been a True Browns Fan since Birth...... my first Game in Cleveland Stadium was at the age of 5 with My Grandfather.... some 60 games later and no Superbowls and a couple of Pisss poor Playoff Chances... I still am a Browns Backer...... Beating Tom **** Brady today Like a redheaded stepchild was SWEET! Now we are looking like there may be some good football in the future but who knows I live Just for today and Like Man Vs Food ... today FOOD and Man won with the Browns Victory over the Patsys..........
    I understand where you are coming from. My Lions are not doing so well, again but I will be a fan to the end. I think that this year is a little off because of all the injuries and teams are just getting better in general....maybe.

In other great news my MSU Spartans are 9-1. Too bad they didn't show up against Illinois (credit where it is due they played a great game and beat us). I don't think we were a top 5 team but we are def. a top 10 team. Come on Rose Bowl!

Colts fan since being born in baltimore in "59 ........19 not 1859 hahaha ...
    18....1959....same thing these days lol J/K ;)
    As for key injuries try NO and just about any other team out there. Keep making excuses no 1 will ever beat my Lions perfect season 0-16 with 19 straight losses.
  • Options
    another close one but another win ...i'll take it ! Go Colts !!!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I don't care how they win, just so they win!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well tonight was the Dallas Cowboy team that everyone expected all along this year! Awesome game and nice to see a total change in attitude of the team. I'm not going to sing the praises of Garret just yet, but it was a good sign.
  • Options
    Well Luko, I'm not going to say "I told you so" about the Steelers losing to most of the decent teams they play, but... Baltimore, New Orleans, New England... Maybe not quite the powerhouse you had hoped for?? lol Just busting your chops bud.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Well Luko, I'm not going to say "I told you so" about the Steelers losing to most of the decent teams they play, but... Baltimore, New Orleans, New England... Maybe not quite the powerhouse you had hoped for?? lol Just busting your chops bud.
    Ouch Puro I don't know that you are in a position to pick on Luko & Pittsburgh. Dallas has only won 2 games this season while Pittsburgh has only lost 3. Maybe Pittsburgh isn't the power house it used to be but they are having a better season then the Cowboys. Only reason I can talk it that my Lions are doing just as well as the Cowboys. LOL guess we will find out next week how bad the cowboys really are esp. if they lose to the Lions. Ha at least I know my Lions suck and can live with a loss next week. Can the Cowboys and their new coach do the same? Oh ya and I'm just busting your chops!!! lol
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Ouch Puro I don't know that you are in a position to pick on Luko & Pittsburgh. Dallas has only won 2 games this season while Pittsburgh has only lost 3. Maybe Pittsburgh isn't the power house it used to be but they are having a better season then the Cowboys. Only reason I can talk it that my Lions are doing just as well as the Cowboys. LOL guess we will find out next week how bad the cowboys really are esp. if they lose to the Lions. Ha at least I know my Lions suck and can live with a loss next week. Can the Cowboys and their new coach do the same? Oh ya and I'm just busting your chops!!! lol
    Haha Actually I'm in the perfect position to pick on Luko. I don't claim the Cowboys are a powerhouse. I'm realistic and know they suck. I think they have the talent, but have not had the chemistry to do anything until last night... Of course they also have John Kitna now, so you being a Lions fan can understand how much faith I DON'T have in him! lol I feel your pain for the years you had to suffer through having him lead your team.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Haha Actually I'm in the perfect position to pick on Luko. I don't claim the Cowboys are a powerhouse. I'm realistic and know they suck. I think they have the talent, but have not had the chemistry to do anything until last night... Of course they also have John Kitna now, so you being a Lions fan can understand how much faith I DON'T have in him! lol I feel your pain for the years you had to suffer through having him lead your team.
    OK then so why all the sudden did they have the chemistry last night? Wasn't Kitna a part of that? From what I saw Kitna is doing pretty well in Dallas. Don't get me wrong he is no Romo or any other big name QB that's out there. I def. will not be running out to pick him up either. My point being that Kitna never had an O line while in Detroit. He's better then most people give him credit for. I think where he lacks is his leadership skills and chemsitry. Which brings me back to what the hell happened Sunday night and how do they now all of the sudden have chemistry? The body follows the head. Oh ya and I forgot Kitna has more weapons and time in Dallas now then he ever did in Detroit.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    OK then so why all the sudden did they have the chemistry last night? Wasn't Kitna a part of that? From what I saw Kitna is doing pretty well in Dallas. Don't get me wrong he is no Romo or any other big name QB that's out there. I def. will not be running out to pick him up either. My point being that Kitna never had an O line while in Detroit. He's better then most people give him credit for. I think where he lacks is his leadership skills and chemsitry. Which brings me back to what the hell happened Sunday night and how do they now all of the sudden have chemistry? The body follows the head. Oh ya and I forgot Kitna has more weapons and time in Dallas now then he ever did in Detroit.
    Honestly I think the coaching change caused last nights sudden chemistry. I heard interviews with several players about how much more structured things are with Jason Garrett as head coach than they were with Wade Phillips. Phillips had domino tournaments and card games going on up and down the sidelines during practices and everyone just roamed around. With Garrett they are disciplined and are not even allowed to walk anywhere. If you are going from point A to point B during practice you will be running. Under Wade team meeting before practice started between 8:30 and 9:00am whenever everyone showed up. Under Garrett the meeting will begin at 6:30am and the doors will be locked at 6:31am. Be there or go home. Several team members commented on how that kind of structure and attitude has had an immediate effect on the moral of the team. I just hope they can keep that intensity from last night.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Sandman1am:
    PuroFreak:
    Honestly I think the coaching change caused last nights sudden chemistry. I heard interviews with several players about how much more structured things are with Jason Garrett as head coach than they were with Wade Phillips. Phillips had domino tournaments and card games going on up and down the sidelines during practices and everyone just roamed around. With Garrett they are disciplined and are not even allowed to walk anywhere. If you are going from point A to point B during practice you will be running. Under Wade team meeting before practice started between 8:30 and 9:00am whenever everyone showed up. Under Garrett the meeting will begin at 6:30am and the doors will be locked at 6:31am. Be there or go home. Several team members commented on how that kind of structure and attitude has had an immediate effect on the moral of the team. I just hope they can keep that intensity from last night.
    I knew Phillips had a more laid back approach to coaching. Had no idea it was that laid back if that is really true. I can see that Garrett is more structured but the guy only had some 3 days of practice. I know that he had an impact but I think there was something that was said in the team meetings like your job/positions are going to be on the line (coming from JJ) if you are not out there giving 100%. We all know JJ has his hands in the way the team is run more then any other owner out there. Which is not always a bad thing unless you have an owner that doesn't know anything about football.....hmmm maybe we could use my Lions again for this one.....hahhahaha I hope they turn it around as I like to watch them play well and I need to pick up a few good players for Fantasy Football. But still pissed that Romo got hurt as he was my starter.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Yeah, Puro...we got worked by the Patriots, arguably the best team in the league right now. Just a terrible showing, bad offensive play calling, a bad defensive scheme, etc. Of course, three of our five starting offensive lineman were out (including two lost for the season) and two of our three starting d lineman were out (inlucding Aaron Smith, one of the best interior linemen in the league). Also, Hines Ward went out in the first quarter. So we're dealing with a ton of major injuries right now, not to mention Ben's four-game suspension. So I'd say the fact that we're still sitting at 6-3 despite all that puts us at least in the top third of the league. For you guys, maybe only the Bills are worse?

The Boys will be lucky to win four games this year. I'll bet for Cowboys fans, the glory days of the 90s seem like they were a long, long, long time ago.
  • Options
    Luko:
    Yeah, Puro...we got worked by the Patriots, arguably the best team in the league right now. Just a terrible showing, bad offensive play calling, a bad defensive scheme, etc. Of course, three of our five starting offensive lineman were out (including two lost for the season) and two of our three starting d lineman were out (inlucding Aaron Smith, one of the best interior linemen in the league). Also, Hines Ward went out in the first quarter. So we're dealing with a ton of major injuries right now, not to mention Ben's four-game suspension. So I'd say the fact that we're still sitting at 6-3 despite all that puts us at least in the top third of the league. For you guys, maybe only the Bills are worse?

The Boys will be lucky to win four games this year. I'll bet for Cowboys fans, the glory days of the 90s seem like they were a long, long, long time ago.
    I have to admit I felt bad for ya losing Ward. I'm not a Steelers fan by any means, but hate to see anyone go down like that, especially someone with that much talent.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:

I have to admit I felt bad for ya losing Ward. I'm not a Steelers fan by any means, but hate to see anyone go down like that, especially someone with that much talent.
    Nasty hit on Ward....I only say that cause he's on my fantasy team. Luko, who hasn't been really hurt by injuries this season, and trades, and bad calls, and bad this or that, and talks of a lock out come on don't live on that. I agree the stealers are one of the better teams but you deal or play with the hand that you have. They plain got out played and better coached. When Ward went out that was his 1st catch at the end of the 1st Qtr. Pitt had the Offense that they needed. They couldn't stop NE on D side of the ball.

That said I hope my Lions loss to the Bills isn't over shaddowed by their win in the preseason. Go STL??? LOL
  • Options
    Colts - Patriots this weekend ... the series continues.
    I still think Colts are most injured team in league as in who is hurt and their impact on the team.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I get to see the Bears Twice this week. I just hope they come out on top.
  • Options
    Well a couple let downs but mostly a good weekend! My Cowboys won, even if it was to the Lions. The let down was the Colts vs. Pats game... Hated to see Peyton through that last interception and let Bill BeliCHEAT win that game... Could there be a worse coach in the NFL since Buddy Ryan left the league??
  • Options
    I was just doing some reading on ESPN.com and read something that I had no idea was true... I know Cincinnati has had a rough run in the NFL but they have had some pretty solid teams in the last few years. I was actually shocked to read this line however.

"In fact, the 49-31 blowout loss gave Cincinnati a league-worst seven-game losing streak while assuring the Bengals would continue to have just two winning seasons in the last 20 years. Ya know how many winning seasons the Lions have during that stretch? Six."

I knew the Bengals haven't had any chance of going all the way, but I didn't know they had a worse record over the last 20 years than the Lions... WOW... And to read that they are in talks of a contract extension with their coach is just insane. Does the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals even want to win at this point?
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I was just doing some reading on ESPN.com and read something that I had no idea was true... I know Cincinnati has had a rough run in the NFL but they have had some pretty solid teams in the last few years. I was actually shocked to read this line however.

"In fact, the 49-31 blowout loss gave Cincinnati a league-worst seven-game losing streak while assuring the Bengals would continue to have just two winning seasons in the last 20 years. Ya know how many winning seasons the Lions have during that stretch? Six."

I knew the Bengals haven't had any chance of going all the way, but I didn't know they had a worse record over the last 20 years than the Lions... WOW... And to read that they are in talks of a contract extension with their coach is just insane. Does the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals even want to win at this point?
    The funny this is, every year a few analysts get all excited about them. This summer, more than a few picked them to win the AFC North. I know how you feel about the Steelers, but clearly the Steelers and Baltimore have been, are, and will be battling for the conference lead for the foreseeable future. I'm more worried about Cleveland becoming a contender than Cincinnati. You're right, some teams are just plagued by bad owners and Cincy is another.

Speaking of, how bout them Cowboys???
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

The funny this is, every year a few analysts get all excited about them. This summer, more than a few picked them to win the AFC North. I know how you feel about the Steelers, but clearly the Steelers and Baltimore have been, are, and will be battling for the conference lead for the foreseeable future. I'm more worried about Cleveland becoming a contender than Cincinnati. You're right, some teams are just plagued by bad owners and Cincy is another.

Speaking of, how bout them Cowboys???
    Well them Cowboys played a damn good game today against a great team. There were mistakes made without a doubt, but they are looking like an actual football team again at least...

You know, I was looking at the season Carolina has been having, and it made me miss our old pal Duty! lol He was such a fan of Carolina that he was pretty much blind to the reality that Jake Delhomme sucked! He was fun to talk football with though!
  • Options
    yeah I miss him being around though he did drop in not long ago and talk about an upcoming cigar event in Charlotte
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    That makes 7 in a row for my Buckeyes over that team up north. I would like to say its getting old watching them dish out such a beating, but its not. Go Bucks!!
  • Options
    Gene!!! What the hell is up with your Colts buddy? I'm thinking you need to take a trip to Indy and get them motivated properly or something.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Mmmmm, the tears of Colts fans are quite tasty. GO BOLTS!
  • Options
    Garen B:
    Haha You've got Gene balling out east man... You might offer him a drink off that bottle of rum you bought today to make him feel better! lmao
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    PuroFreak:
    Garen B:
    Haha You've got Gene balling out east man... You might offer him a drink off that bottle of rum you bought today to make him feel better! lmao
    What do you think I'm mixing with that rum?
  • Options
    posted this in the wrong thread...didn't mean to hi-jack so here we go...You know we just had this conversation at my local watering hole. Granted I agree that while those teams are rebuilding that they will prob. not be much better next year. I wish I could say something different about my Lions but feel that they are in the same boat. They just haven't earned the MNF game. The teams that are going to be contenders don't always get the games which sucks because I believe they deserve it. It all comes down to the bottom line and the $ that the NFL will make filling the stands and getting people to watch. Which is why they are trying to expand the market to Europe.

Which brings me to Thanksgiving Day game. Granted my Lions are 2 and whatever, who's really counting anyway, but they started the tradition back in 1934 of Thanksgiving Day games. The owner did it to boost attendance. The NFL went to the Franchise recently and told them that they would have to step aside from holding the Thanksgiving game at home and let other teams have a piece of the pie. The Lions did what I feel was the right thing and told the NFL to shove it and they were going to stink up the air with the game because they started the tradition and they were going to continue the tradition.

I think the Lions made the right choice because who doesn't think of the Lions on Thanksgiving day? I grew up watching them suck and lose almost every year and loved it. Families here in MI skip or postpone Thanksgiving to go watch the Lions lay down for their competition. They would be sadly missed. Now the NFL did the smart thing and expanded twice once in 1950 to two games and again in 2006 to three games.

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    A single phrase that prove this is the most screwed up season in quite some time....

"Ladies and gentlemen, your FIRST PLACE ST LOUIS RAMS!"

• Options
    The Sniper:
    A single phrase that prove this is the most screwed up season in quite some time....

The Rams have actually made some good moves in getting good players on both O&D. Don't forget they probably have the rookie of the year in Sam Bradford. I thought he would be done after his shoulder injury in College & if he got drafted he would fade away quickly. I was wrong and he has been fun to watch when the games come on here or in highlight film.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Sandman1am:
    The Sniper:

The Rams have actually made some good moves in getting good players on both O&D. Don't forget they probably have the rookie of the year in Sam Bradford. I thought he would be done after his shoulder injury in College & if he got drafted he would fade away quickly. I was wrong and he has been fun to watch when the games come on here or in highlight film.
    Some more evidence then your honor...

"Ladies and gentlemen, your FIRST PLACE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS!" LOL