Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Support Your Team!

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Vidarien:
    The test is gonna be next monday vs GB. If we win that game...then i think the Bears have a shot at doing what nobody expected this year.
    Test passed!!! Time to shock the world - GO BEARS!!!

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I would feel great about my Steelers being unbeaten except we share that mark with the Bears and Chief?!? Pretenders.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Good luck aganst the Ravens this weekend Luko, I think your Steelers may have a tough fight. But it's cool, I'm glad they are winning now! That will make it even funnier when they start getting stomped after Uselessburger comes back! lol Just messin with ya.

Well the Cowboys aren't playing this weekend so I'll have to cheer for the Saints and see what else happens! At least with my fantasy team I'm 3-0 so far and looking at the guy I'm playing this weekend, I'll probably be 4-0! Can't wait to kick back with a good smoke and a few glasses of rum on Sunday!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Good luck aganst the Ravens this weekend Luko, I think your Steelers may have a tough fight. But it's cool, I'm glad they are winning now! That will make it even funnier when they start getting stomped after Uselessburger comes back! lol Just messin with ya.

Well the Cowboys aren't playing this weekend so I'll have to cheer for the Saints and see what else happens! At least with my fantasy team I'm 3-0 so far and looking at the guy I'm playing this weekend, I'll probably be 4-0! Can't wait to kick back with a good smoke and a few glasses of rum on Sunday!
    Yeah, it'll be a tough game with the Ravens and at 3-0 already, I feel like we're playing with house money at this point.

As for Uselessburger, he's got two Super Bowl rings, which is more than the number of wins Romo has this season, so he's got that going for him! Plus, I do think the off season shenanigans have helped refocused him. He's in the best shape of his career and in the OTAs and training camp was looking like he's ready to light it up. My prediction is he'll change his ways (at least publicly) and be more committed to football.
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

Yeah, it'll be a tough game with the Ravens and at 3-0 already, I feel like we're playing with house money at this point.

As for Uselessburger, he's got two Super Bowl rings, which is more than the number of wins Romo has this season, so he's got that going for him! Plus, I do think the off season shenanigans have helped refocused him. He's in the best shape of his career and in the OTAs and training camp was looking like he's ready to light it up. My prediction is he'll change his ways (at least publicly) and be more committed to football.
    I guess time will tell... I'm not as optimistic as you are for the Steelers... Although that could be because you're a big fan and I am not. I do miss Bill Cowers though. He was a hell of a coach!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

I guess time will tell... I'm not as optimistic as you are for the Steelers... Although that could be because you're a big fan and I am not. I do miss Bill Cowers though. He was a hell of a coach!

WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THSES PRETENDER TEAMS !! YOU"R DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! OK , there's two seats left on the Colts bandwagon bus. I'm savin them for you Puro and Luko. Thats it settle right in there boys . Jason , is that a herf-a-dor with ya or are ya just glad to see us ... hahaha ... just messin' ...good luck Luko ...Puro who the Saints playing ???
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:

WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT THSES PRETENDER TEAMS !! YOU"R DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! OK , there's two seats left on the Colts bandwagon bus. I'm savin them for you Puro and Luko. Thats it settle right in there boys . Jason , is that a herf-a-dor with ya or are ya just glad to see us ... hahaha ... just messin' ...good luck Luko ...Puro who the Saints playing ???
    Well the Saints just beat Carolina and wait... What happened in that Steelers game? Oh yea!!! Just like I said, they better watch out for the Ravens! HAAA Just bustin your chops Luko, but Gene, that's not a herf-a-dor, it's a crutch for that old man Peyton to help him through the season! lol Just bustin your chops too man. Good luck in the Colts game today!
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    WHODAT!!! I was worried for a sec but now im gooood!!!
  • Options
    AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,,,,,,,, DAMN YOU JAGS ..... bit_ches ......
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Wow man... They weren't showing the game here so I didn't get to see it. How the hell did they lose to the Jags??? Are you getting worried about your team yet?
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Funny thing about the Jaguars, every now and then they show up, like today. Go Jags!
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    My team gave it up with less than a min left to start the season 4-0 for the first time since 79 when they won the bowl one of there 6 still the best team in the NFL GO picksburgh
  • Options
    I would have liked to have this one and start the season 4-0, but like I said, we were playing with house money and it's not a big deal that we lost a close game the way we did. The D just didn't make the same HUGE plays today they have the last three.

Meanwhile, I wasn't even aware that Jacksonville still had an NFL team and low and behold!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Wow man... They weren't showing the game here so I didn't get to see it. How the hell did they lose to the Jags??? Are you getting worried about your team yet?

not worried at all yet. jags always seem to play us close just like the texans. we should have run away with the game actually. if we don't have the two turnovers deep in jags territory its a cake walk . oh well, its on to next week ...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

not worried at all yet. jags always seem to play us close just like the texans. we should have run away with the game actually. if we don't have the two turnovers deep in jags territory its a cake walk . oh well, its on to next week ...
    Might wanna watch out against KC! They have surprised some people this year! I'm sure the Colts will win, but KC has improved dramatically in the off season.
    As for my Cowboys, If they play like they did in week three we will kick the crap out of the Titans, but if we play like we did week one and two we weill get our **** handed to us. Here's hoping!

Well at least your Steelers are safe this week Luko... Have to wait until next week for big Ben to get beat... ;)
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Might wanna watch out against KC! They have surprised some people this year! I'm sure the Colts will win, but KC has improved dramatically in the off season.
    As for my Cowboys, If they play like they did in week three we will kick the crap out of the Titans, but if we play like we did week one and two we weill get our **** handed to us. Here's hoping!

Well at least your Steelers are safe this week Luko... Have to wait until next week for big Ben to get beat... ;)
    Puro, please note that it's just "Ben" now...he's doing away with the "Big" part...that was the persona that got him into trouble. But he's hanging out here in the Burgh, firing the ball like a rocket and ready to take us back to the playoffs. Do not doubt that we'll be in and playing for the AFC championship this year.

Of course, given the AFC dominance over the NFC, whoever wins the AFC championship will undoubtedly win the Super Bowl...so yeah, that'll be number 7 for us. How many do your Boys have?
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    My kitty cats....ummm wait Lions are going for another perfect season, perfectly horrible. I think I read back a little bit where Jake said his Chiefs were in their 20th rebuilding season....well the Lions are in a rebulding half century. 0-4 and going for another 0-16. 1/3 of the way there boys way to go, no looking back now! Hey come to think of it they could tie their own record this year. Wouldn't that be awesome, too bad it wasn't back to back years.
  • Options
    Luko:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Puro, please note that it's just "Ben" now...he's doing away with the "Big" part...that was the persona that got him into trouble. But he's hanging out here in the Burgh, firing the ball like a rocket and ready to take us back to the playoffs. Do not doubt that we'll be in and playing for the AFC championship this year.

Of course, given the AFC dominance over the NFC, whoever wins the AFC championship will undoubtedly win the Super Bowl...so yeah, that'll be number 7 for us. How many do your Boys have?
    Hahaha Who does "Ben" think he is? Puff Daddy or P Diddy or Diddy or what ever?? What's he going to be called next season B-Shizzle? Or maybe just "The Roth?" lol
  • Options
    Hey guys don't know how many of you are following the Big 10. There is a good match up this weekend Michigan 5-0 vs Michigan State 5-0. I'm a State fan but it's going to be hard to beat them Wolveries at home at The Big House. I'm still pulling for the Spartans to get the big win for another year of braging rights. Just gotta fig out how to contain Denard Robinson. I think this will be a high scoring game. I can not wait.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    don't forget about Ohio State.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    don't forget about Ohio State.
    Not to take anything away from OSU but they are playing Indiana Hoosiers....hardly a contest and def not exciting in my book. Should be a blow out and OSU can prob rest in the 2nd half. On the other hand I'm betting that MSU vs. UofM will be a nail biter.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    kinda hoping Bama loses this week. I want Ohio State and Oregon to go to the Nat. Champ game. a repeat of last years Rose Bowl, but bigger. I am a Buckeye and Duck fan. I went to the Stanford/Oregon game last week, holy crap balls they looked good.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Yeah I'm hoping KC doesn't run all over us. We have already lost 3 safty's this year , Sanders,Bullitt and Silva. Jeeeez !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Yeah I'm hoping KC doesn't run all over us. We have already lost 3 safty's this year , Sanders,Bullitt and Silva. Jeeeez !!!
    Yea, my buddy Nick is from KC and is a huge fan. He has been excited as hell that they are 3-0. I don't wanna burst his bubble, but that will probably change this weekend!
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Yea, my buddy Nick is from KC and is a huge fan. He has been excited as hell that they are 3-0. I don't wanna burst his bubble, but that will probably change this weekend!

Colts in a blowout at home ...Colts 48 Chiefs 10 ... ya heard it here first ( sorry Nick) : )
  • Options
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Colts in a blowout at home ...Colts 48 Chiefs 10 ... ya heard it here first ( sorry Nick) : )
    Ohhhh I don't know about all that! lol I don't think the beat up Colts D can hold KC to 10 points... Should be a fun game though.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Ohhhh I don't know about all that! lol I don't think the beat up Colts D can hold KC to 10 points... Should be a fun game though.
    KC is one of my adopted teams since I live here now, and I say they're gonna shock the world this week! A win over the Dolts will prove to the rest of the league that they're for real instead of just a cute feel-good anomaly. GO CHEFS! (Ya dont spell it that way... great googly moogly... LOL)
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    OK guys... It's hockey season now. My Leafs have won the first two games of the year. It took them until November 14 to win two games last year. Looking good !

Football is so fat guy's who can't skate, have something to do. Hockey... now that's pure sport ! LMAO
  • Options
    So, um, Puro...How bout them Cowboys? Sure they're perptually overhyped, but this year may take the cake. Ouch. And for the record, the Steelers handled the Titans and Chris Johnson this year. All kidding aside, I feel bad for you and will allow you a one-time pass on the Steelers bandwagon. Warning, once you climb on, you'll never want to climb back off.
  • Options
    Luko:
    So, um, Puro...How bout them Cowboys? Sure they're perptually overhyped, but this year may take the cake. Ouch. And for the record, the Steelers handled the Titans and Chris Johnson this year. All kidding aside, I feel bad for you and will allow you a one-time pass on the Steelers bandwagon. Warning, once you climb on, you'll never want to climb back off.
    Haha Thats funny, but I've never said the Cowboys were a great team this year. I'm a fan, but I'm realistic... Unlike you... You're still fooling yourself into thinking your Steelers have a shot. Keep the dream brother cause that's ALL YOU GOT!! hahaha Was a crappy day for me though, the Rangers started off getting their **** kicked, then the Saints lost to Arizona and the Cowboys lost! Then just to top if off the Eagles won and that is the worst team in America with the worst fans ever... What a f***ing day...