Home Non Cigar Related

The Walking Dead

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any one seen this show? I just watched the first couple episodes last night, looks pretty wild.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Rhamlin:
    Any one seen this show? I just watched the first couple episodes last night, looks pretty wild.
    I just started watching this last night/this morning too. Loving it so far.

• jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Haven't heard of it. My sons would love a zombie show! That may be the new house show.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the second season I think it's on AMC but the first season is on net flix
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Walking Dead is one of the best scripted shows on television right now, IMHO. And zombies rule.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Walking Dead is one of the best scripted shows on television right now, IMHO. And zombies rule.
    best show ever!
  • howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    This show is awesome! It is my favorite show. I watched the whole season 1 on Netflix, then downloaded the first two episodes for season two. I highly recommend it!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Yes. Love tw show. Filmed here in atl too. Haven't seen season 2 yet cuz I canceled my cable.

"Long ashes my friends."

LETS DO THIS!

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHAT? You guys have been missing out. Last season was just amazing. So far I am a little disappointed with the story line this season but it is still a great show. I love that there is a fantastic zombie show on television as well as a new horror show, American Horror Story on FX. The actors are great and there is no cheesiness or B movie feeling to the shows. Both are very well done.
  • howtobasshowtobass Posts: 589
    Downloading S2E3 right now.... sweetness!
    just bought a season pass via amazon for TWD Season 2. First two episodes were a little slow imo.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    just bought a season pass via amazon for TWD Season 2. First two episodes were a little slow imo.
    Yeah only one major *gasp* moment. For the first two episodes this season.

• stephen_hannibal:
    Krieg:
    Yeah only one major *gasp* moment. For the first two episodes this season.

waiting on ep2 downloading. If anyone has a zipped copy they want to try and email me would be great. No one is seeding.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    My favorite show on TV... I love the first few episodes of Season 1 so much that I started reading the Graphic Novel... 14 Volumes later I'm all caught up and loving both the books and the TV show... The story lines are a little different, but so far most of the characters are the same... If they continue to loosely follow the timeline of the books, then Season 2 is about to get really good... I'll agree that the first few episodes are a little meh... DVR'd episode 3 last night... so we'll see
    Krieg:
    Hey bro on a related note Amazon just updated their offerings today...
    I'm predicting Netflix falls further into nothingness and then an amazon buyout?

Dang Internet went out just as I started ep6 of last season. Watched ep3 last night of this season looks like I've missed something but was surprised by the ending.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    stephen_hannibal:
    Krieg:
    I'm predicting Netflix falls further into nothingness and then an amazon buyout?

not gonna lie, I still use the crap outta netfix on my wii. I don't have cable or sat. TV, so netflix via the wii, and whatever streaming service I use from the comps are the on TV I have!
    BigT06:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Krieg:

not gonna lie, I still use the crap outta netfix on my wii. I don't have cable or sat. TV, so netflix via the wii, and whatever streaming service I use from the comps are the on TV I have!
    Oh I still use it too. Every day. It's just their stock prices tanked. And amazon is the only one posistioning themselves as competition in terms of streaming service.

stephen_hannibal:
    Krieg:

It's possible, but I would think they would fire their CEO before they let anyone buy them out. I use Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon. Between all three, I don't miss cable at all...and I'm saving $80/month. So if Amazon or Hulu buys Netflix at some point, I'm sure I'll still have access.

"Long ashes my friends."

• asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    i'm catching up on season 2 as i type, love this show!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    The fat zombie in the well cracked me up.
    Hulu plus? Never heard of that. I never thought of replacing cable with these services, that works? I could still watch all my favorite shows?
    Rhamlin:
    Hulu plus? Never heard of that. I never thought of replacing cable with these services, that works? I could still watch all my favorite shows?
    I dumped my DirecTV, and got a roku box. Now 90% of my TV comes over the internet. Whatever I can't watch on Hulu or Netflix, I just get a season pass for the show via Amazon. This is how I am keeping up w/ SoA, Justified, and TWD. $100, no monthly fee (besides what u pay for the services netflix, hulu..etc) And Roku has a ton of channels. And they come out with more every month. Not to mention a TON of private channels. www.roku.com

"Long ashes my friends."

• TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Krieg:
    Rhamlin:
    I dumped my DirecTV, and got a roku box. Now 90% of my TV comes over the internet. Whatever I can't watch on Hulu or Netflix, I just get a season pass for the show via Amazon. This is how I am keeping up w/ SoA, Justified, and TWD. $100, no monthly fee (besides what u pay for the services netflix, hulu..etc) And Roku has a ton of channels. And they come out with more every month. Not to mention a TON of private channels. www.roku.com
    This is exactly what we did as well and it is amazing and I LOVE my Roku! I have Hulu and Netflix on my PS3 as well but mainly use roku. Also another hint if you have a laptop or PC you can hook to your TV there are some shows for some reason only on Hulu not Hulu plus but if you can plug your pc into a TV you can just stream that to your TV as well. And with a super cheap antenna you can get local HD channels and then with hulu and netflix you will not miss your cable at all!
    Teege:
    Krieg:
    Rhamlin:
    This is exactly what we did as well and it is amazing and I LOVE my Roku! I have Hulu and Netflix on my PS3 as well but mainly use roku. Also another hint if you have a laptop or PC you can hook to your TV there are some shows for some reason only on Hulu not Hulu plus but if you can plug your pc into a TV you can just stream that to your TV as well. And with a super cheap antenna you can get local HD channels and then with hulu and netflix you will not miss your cable at all!
    yeah, i also went the HD antenna route for my live football...its nice to watch NFL in HD for FREE. As for streaming content from my PC, i just use playon. It has the regular hulu channel too, so i can watch stuff that hulu plus doesn't have lic for. (sorry for hijacking)

"Long ashes my friends."

• TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Krieg:
    yeah, i also went the HD antenna route for my live football...its nice to watch NFL in HD for FREE. As for streaming content from my PC, i just use playon. It has the regular hulu channel too, so i can watch stuff that hulu plus doesn't have lic for. (sorry for hijacking)
    Im def gonna check out playon! As far as walking dead goes this show is Awesome. And i love how they didnt stick to following the comic word for word or even character by character.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    I love this show, waiting for season 2 to hit netflix. its too bad they arent doing what the did with "heroes", they had the current episode up the next day on netflix. it was great.
    IMO season two has a ton more talk and not enough action. Although might get interesting after the last episode.

"Long ashes my friends."

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Yeah, it has been a little on the slow side . I originally thought it was going to be a more action packed type of show.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    So does anyone watch this show? i love it.