Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Right on bro you nailed it...the fairy tale (book) and all three references. It is probably my favorite movie so picking things from there was fun. So Biggie you are the winner of an ordnance laden box!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Sweet. I love the Matrix, I remember being blown away when I saw it in the theater. Great flick. Let's keep this rolling with one of my favorites:

Clue 1: This movie is a love story.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Titantic
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Deliverance.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bride of Frankenstein !
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help myself... The Notebook LMAO!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    You know how I know you're gay...
    y2pascoe:
    90+ Irishman:
    BWAHAHAAH I seriously woke up my wife I laughed so hard when I read this!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    y2pascoe:
    90+ Irishman:
    LMAO!!! Yes, thank you y2pascoe, thank you for saying that so I don't have to! Let me make sure this doesn't get any further off track:

Clue 2: This movie is a real blood and guts kinda love story.
    Ooh ooh I know , It's Twilight only the best movies ever made. Ha ha ha!
    Ok ok real guess this time, True Romance with Christian Slater from the early 90's
    90+ Irishman:
    Ok ok real guess this time, True Romance with Christian Slater from the early 90's
    Damn good movie!!! But...not correct. Next clue:

Clue 3: In this movie the main character takes a long sea voyage on a wooden schooner.
    Ok ok I can't help myself here but it's got to be Popeye!
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Troy
    Teege:
    Troy
    #1 bet that's it.
    Teege:
    Troy
    Another excellent guess, but...still incorrect.

Clue 4: The woman the protagonist desires is not only married but he also kills her best friend.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    A Streetcar Named Desire
    Definately not Popeye!
    Let's open this up a bit:

Clue 5: This is not an obscure movie. In fact, this very well known story has been a movie many, many times, originally appearing in print as a book. People just don't think of it as a love story but at its core that's what it really is.
    Ok, well shot in the dark here, but.... The Odyssey originally by Homer (Not Simpson's Homer lol)
    Hmm interesting , I guess when it comes down to it the odessy is about a man trying to get back to his wife. Kinda like O brother where art thou.??
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    bigharpoon:
    Let's open this up a bit:

Clue 5: This is not an obscure movie. In fact, this very well known story has been a movie many, many times, originally appearing in print as a book. People just don't think of it as a love story but at its core that's what it really is.
    Moby D!ck. (The whale might have been female, or Ahab was gay, ya know.)
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Mutiny on the Bounty
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Dracula?
    robbyras:
    Dracula?
    Winner!!! Nice job, Rob. I was just getting ready to post a clue before I left for work in the hopes someone would win today. My next clue would have been that the main character was killed by a texan with a bowie knife.

This story is one of my favorites and it's a very good book, too. I think I have your address already but maybe you should give me a pm just in case.
    bigharpoon:
    robbyras:
    Dracula?
    Winner!!! Nice job, Rob. I was just getting ready to post a clue before I left for work in the hopes someone would win today. My next clue would have been that the main character was killed by a texan with a bowie knife.

This story is one of my favorites and it's a very good book, too. I think I have your address already but maybe you should give me a pm just in case.
    I was close, I was going to say Bride of Chuckie. Lol
    bigharpoon:
    robbyras:
    Dracula?

WAY TO GO ROB!!! That was a really run one Big!! Thanks for a great contest and can't wait to see what Rob's diabolical mind comes up with!
    bigharpoon:
    robbyras:
    Dracula?

SWEEET! Nice clues for sure... If I were paying attention earlier, I probably would have guessed after the wooden boat reference...

I'll PM my info and get a new movie up today
    OK... new movie...

Clue #1: The main character's brother-in-law has a plate in his head, apparently from his time in the military
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    The Texas Chain Saw Massacre chop top sawyer?