Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    20 DPG Blue toros, 20 EP Carillo Club 52, 10 La Aurora Puro Vintage, 5 Padilla Artemis robusto, 4 My Father LE 2011.
    dang!
    yeah, I kinda hit the bid site pretty hard last weekend. It was a good haul though, I could kick myself for not getting more DPG Blues though.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    20 DPG Blue toros, 20 EP Carillo Club 52, 10 La Aurora Puro Vintage, 5 Padilla Artemis robusto, 4 My Father LE 2011.
    dang!
    yeah, I kinda hit the bid site pretty hard last weekend. It was a good haul though, I could kick myself for not getting more DPG Blues though.
    haha, could't agree more Joe, there are never enough DPG blues in my book. Fantastic smoke.

What are your thoughts ont he other sizes though? I'm almost out, and so far I've only had the 6x50 (generosos) and I know they have a 5.5 x 46 or something that interested me, but any thoughts on any of the other sizes for when I stock up after the new year?
  • Options
    CCOM order came in... Best in Show 2011 sampler, box of Sungrown label from the daily deal, and a 5er of SCCC coronas. Pretty stoked.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    j0z3r:
    BigT06:
    j0z3r:
    dang!
    haha, could't agree more Joe, there are never enough DPG blues in my book. Fantastic smoke.

What are your thoughts ont he other sizes though? I'm almost out, and so far I've only had the 6x50 (generosos) and I know they have a 5.5 x 46 or something that interested me, but any thoughts on any of the other sizes for when I stock up after the new year?
    Oddly enough Boyd, I really haven't tried much of the line outside of the toro. I have had the lancero and recall enjoying that quite a bit. I'm interested in the corona gorda, but haven't given it a try yet. I guess it must be the pricing on the toros that makes me get them every time, can't beat it for $3 a pop in my opinion.

pm incoming.
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Nice surprise from my wife this weekend...

Photobucket
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    nice pick-up
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jasonusa1:
    OchoZacho:
    nice pick-up
    First fine & rare Ive seen with cello,,,,Nice pick up!
  • Options
    I'm definitely a cello on guy.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    jasonusa1:
    OchoZacho:
    nice pick-up
    I was surprised to see them with the cello on when I went into my B&M a couple of weeks ago and they told me that some of the B&M's are getting replacements from AB with the cello on due to the packaging. A lot of the wrappers are getting damaged while in transit because of how they are placed inside of their boxes.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jasonusa1:
    The Kid:
    jasonusa1:
    OchoZacho:
    nice pick-up
    I was surprised to see them with the cello on when I went into my B&M a couple of weeks ago and they told me that some of the B&M's are getting replacements from AB with the cello on due to the packaging. A lot of the wrappers are getting damaged while in transit because of how they are placed inside of their boxes.
    Yeah I heard about that too. So the B&M's must be getting replacemnt sticks,,,hmmmmmm
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    jasonusa1:
    The Kid:
    jasonusa1:
    OchoZacho:
    nice pick-up
    Hmm i thought the number in the box on the fine and rare sticks was the box number, maybe not though, since I have seen different numbers in there in diff pictures. Wonder if they halted shipment of unsent boxes to cello them. I was under the impression they had very littler materials left to make more. That could just be pr nonsense though.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    OchoZacho:
    I'm definitely a cello on guy.
    Me too. That is one hell of a pick up, brother!!
  • Options
    Today was a busy day for me on purchases. 

2009 CFCF Toast Across America
    2010 CFCF Toast Across America
    2011 CFCF Toast Across America
    5 Anejo #77 Sharks
    5 Anejo #50
    5 Anejo #55
    A. Fuente Work of Art Maduro
    A Fuente Between the Lines
    A Fuente Masterpiece Maduro (This guy is a MONSTER)

• Options
    celtic250:
    Today was a busy day for me on purchases. 

2009 CFCF Toast Across America
    2010 CFCF Toast Across America
    2011 CFCF Toast Across America
    5 Anejo #77 Sharks
    5 Anejo #50
    5 Anejo #55
    A. Fuente Work of Art Maduro
    A Fuente Between the Lines
    A Fuente Masterpiece Maduro (This guy is a MONSTER)

D A M N ! ! ! ! !
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Great picks! I wish I had more Fuentes
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    So i got my F'ing xmas present today from brett. Thank you so much i appreciate it. But you know i dont go down easy. Need some time to recover and then it will be on.

• Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Got in my trade from Buckeyecigar and he sure as heck didnt disappoint!!

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Got my trades in from Irish and Teege. Posted all the info in the Newbie Trading Thread but here is the damage from these two great BOTLs...

Irish

Teege

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    The Patel Bros Torp is one of my favorite sticks! Great bomb!
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    nice hit! also awsome humi, i have the same one
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    got myself a handful of Anejo. its that time of year folks.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up 22 cigars while at Cuban Crafters in Miami, amongst the are 6 DPG Blue Lancero and the cellos are already yellow. 6 Berger & Argenti Mooch series. 4 cigars from Paul Stulac and a few misc. sticks. Cant wait to see what I have waiting for me when I get home tonight.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Picked up 22 cigars while at Cuban Crafters in Miami, amongst the are 6 DPG Blue Lancero and the cellos are already yellow. 6 Berger & Argenti Mooch series. 4 cigars from Paul Stulac and a few misc. sticks. Cant wait to see what I have waiting for me when I get home tonight.
    Todd you'll love those DPG Blue lancero!! Wait till the band starts fading till its green then you know it'll be great!! My top 5 lancero for sure!!
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    bandyt09:
    Todd you'll love those DPG Blue lancero!! Wait till the band starts fading till its green then you know it'll be great!! My top 5 lancero for sure!!
    I have heard too many good things about them to pass on the opportunity. In fact, forgot them the first time I was at CCs and after going to El Rey and them not having them, I went back to pick them up.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I got 3 Graycliff Turbo Edicion Limitada Toro, 2 each of the Graycliff Avelino Lara 80th PG and Pirate and a God of Fire 2011 LE Assortment. The GoF is for a friend for his bday. **** e r is going to have Serie B before I do!
  • Options
    I got a bunch of cigars today... but that's not that big of a deal. Cigars are cigars.

But check out what I got from Mike (see below pic for story)

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

So a while back, Mike said he was looking for some cigar bands to do a couple projects with... I say hey, I got some bands you can have... so I send em. Well, he then makes this awesome, framed cigar band picture, and sends it to me! (along with some cigars, of course)

Brother, you continue to amaze me with your generousity and thoughtfulness. You've definitely made my day. Thanks, brother.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    BigT06:
    I got a bunch of cigars today... but that's not that big of a deal. Cigars are cigars.

But check out what I got from Mike (see below pic for story)

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

So a while back, Mike said he was looking for some cigar bands to do a couple projects with... I say hey, I got some bands you can have... so I send em. Well, he then makes this awesome, framed cigar band picture, and sends it to me! (along with some cigars, of course)

Brother, you continue to amaze me with your generousity and thoughtfulness. You've definitely made my day. Thanks, brother.
    Very KEWL !!! I love cigar label ornaments. The wife has now done two trays and I am collecting for a table top for the patio now. Nice job on the picture Mike.
  • Options
    BigT, would you mind posting a bigger pic or sending me a couple of pics of th art? I've been saving bands for a while to do the exact same thing, but i'ld like to get some idea of how to go about it.
  • Options
    I will try to take another pic... my camera flashes bad though... but you'd have to ask Mike how to actually make it...