Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I had a La Flor Dominicana Limitado III that I swiped from A Pass Deux, by way of Jozer. This thing was an amazing powerhouse with incredible stamina. I think I've found that my favorite drink/cigar combo is a Diet Coke with anything that has an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. Odd. Next up would be a porter with a maduro, or a Tom Collins paired with a Cameroon. I think I have weird tastes. Anyway, back to the cigar. It ranged from smooth and creamy to spicy, and varied this theme repeatedly. It had a full-bodied start and finish, but seemed to mellow in the middle. I consider that pretty ideal as well. I wish I could find more of these. I've updated my "Favorite sticks" list.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    Had a Padron 1926 no. 2 maduro this afternoon, six months on it, and VERY enjoyable. These really do age well.
    Don't know about tonight yet... maybe an Oliva O maduro... that sounds about right :)
    Didn't you get a box laker? Glad to hear it, I have yet to have a maduro but I'm going to have to get 1 or 2 soon. I'm enjoying a gurkha black dragon, boy it's GOOD!!!!!!

Hey Phobic, send me your addy. I can take care of your non maduro status.
    Laker your truly a generous person, pm sent! I finished my dragon and though it started out well, it took a dive later. About 3 inches in I started to get bored with it and the flavor started to dwindle. I had high hopes on it but sadly it wasn't my cup of tea. I was looking forward to getting box since they are so very nice looking, oh well there's a savings of 200 bucks! I'm going to try to hit some gurkhas this weekend. I have so many with at least 4 months on them in the humi.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    I wish I could find more of these.
    Yeah, you and me both. By the time I had smoked one, it was too late to buy more, they were already gone.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    laker1963:
    Had a Padron 1926 no. 2 maduro this afternoon, six months on it, and VERY enjoyable. These really do age well.
    Don't know about tonight yet... maybe an Oliva O maduro... that sounds about right :)
    Didn't you get a box laker? Glad to hear it, I have yet to have a maduro but I'm going to have to get 1 or 2 soon. I'm enjoying a gurkha black dragon, boy it's GOOD!!!!!!

Hey Phobic, send me your addy. I can take care of your non maduro status.
    Laker your truly a generous person, pm sent! I finished my dragon and though it started out well, it took a dive later. About 3 inches in I started to get bored with it and the flavor started to dwindle. I had high hopes on it but sadly it wasn't my cup of tea. I was looking forward to getting box since they are so very nice looking, oh well there's a savings of 200 bucks! I'm going to try to hit some gurkhas this weekend. I have so many with at least 4 months on them in the humi.
    Which size did you smoke?
  • Options
    eh, not sure... the larger one... 7.5 or 7 length. The step down from the 8.5 long.
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    just had a the cuban cigar.com.....i really enjoyed it..good burn..and a great beer to go with it..Southampton....
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    urbino:
    And how many words are in a plethora?
    Not sure. I'm still trying to figure out how many *** there are in a Brazilian. Last night was a Camacho 1962 Churchill. First time for this size; I think the torpedoes are a bit more flavorful but this was still a nice relaxing smoke with no issues. Still trying to decide what's on the menu for tonight.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Today i had a 5 Vegas Miami. its been sitting in my humi for about 2 months and I was stoked to finally smoke it. What a disappointment. It had too tight of a draw, and a canoeing problem.I got a headache from trying to smoke it. I hope this was just a bad one because i did notice that it had a really nice oily wrapper. Maybe just my bad luck.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    L'aroma de cuba that i got from cotmc...I liked this a lot. Nice cedary flavor, draw was kind of dry and loose and there was some slight burn issues. But all and all, a very nice smoke.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

1 hour and 20 minutes in the hot tub, a gurkha ancient warrior ( about a robusto size) reduced to ashes and a couple of tumblers of tortuga and this work week is in the history books. very relaxed right now....certainly enjoyed the ancient warrior. cannot tell you why, was more interested in just unwinding than trying to discern flavours but this is one i would buy again, noticing a certain gurkha profile flavor in the few i 've had....which i like. cheers guys ...

• Options
    Sounds nice Gene, I'm all green with envy. :)
  • Options

j0z3r:
    Sounds nice Gene, I'm all green with envy. :)

I'm envious of your great cali weather and mild temps Joe, wish you could send some of that east...I can't wait for summer

• Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Had a CAO LX2. Spicy. Great cigar.
  • Options
    Had a Nub Habano Torpedo. Almost no enjoyment out of it at all.
  • Options
    Today was a good cigar day, cleared a lot of pages from the book I'm reading. Started off early with an El Rey Del Mundo choix supreme, which is quite a tasty medium bodied treat. In the evening I had a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003, which was pretty good, build from medium-full to full bodied over the course of its 6 inch length, a darn tasty cigar. Given the pretty mild weather tonight, I went out for yet another, an Oliva Serie V double robusto which is, as I've mentioned, probably my favorite size yet...Good flavor, near perfect draw and just the right amount of oomph, me likey, muy muy.
  • Options
    Had a gurkha titan that's been sitting for 6 months. about 3.5 inches left the thing went out on me. I was a little baffled as I was getting plenty of smoke then it went out. very strange. I like the titans but I don't think they are worth the price.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Wasn't sure what I wanted last night. I was emptying out the big humi and stashing everything in ziplocks so I could re-season it as the humidity in the house has been really low and the beads were having a hard time keeping up. Found four Gurkha Centurions down in the bottom I'd sort of stashed and forgotten about after a disappointing time with the first two I tried. These have been sitting almost a year now so I figured I would give one a try.

The draw was definitely better although still fairly tight. The burn was far from even as well. At least I could taste the cigar this time; it was very enjoyable but nothing I would go out of my way for, especially at the MSRP of these things. I do love the perfecto vitolo though! I guess the rest of them will sit for another year and we'll try again. I was still in the mood after finishing the Centurion, so partook of a Punch Gran Puro. Always a winner! Got my taxes filed today, so celebrated by ordering a box of 5 Vegas Relics and a bundle of Perdomo ESV '91 2nds (which you folks here have praised).
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I think you'll enjoy those Perdomos, zoom.

I had nuthin' last night. Too cold.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    had an uber reliable ccom brazilian today. Have never been disappoiinted in this cigar. In fact, it's one of a handful i've had that i always find myself wanting more of right away. tout de suite.
  • Options
    ShawnJShawnJ Posts: 65
    Had a CAO Gold this morning and a nice, very large,. CAO MX2 after dinner. I'm not sure what size the MX2 was but it was bigger than a Robusto. Honestly, I think the Robusto has more flavor.
  • Options
    Had a Perdomo ESV '91 second today while I started a new book. This one was more dense than usual, felt heavy in the hand and made for a tighter draw than usual, though usually the draw is pretty loose, so this was almost perfect, in addition I'm tempted to say it had more flavor, perhaps due to more tobacco. Fired up a Padron 3000 a bit later, I don't think I need to say anything about this one, awesome cigar.
  • Options
    I just smoked my first RP Decade. Damn tasty, I must say. It's clearly from the same family as the Vintage 92, but quirkier. There was a heavy, sweet flavor to it immediately, and it remained throughout. I can't quite identify it. It's almost a maple syrup kind of a thing. And there's a bit of cinnamon on the finish.

Nicely done, Rocky.
  • Options
    And finished with an R&J Reserva Real toro. Solid, as ever. It was cold as a gravedigger's shovel, though.
  • Options
    urbino:
    I just smoked my first RP Decade. Damn tasty, I must say. It's clearly from the same family as the Vintage 92, but quirkier. There was a heavy, sweet flavor to it immediately, and it remained throughout. I can't quite identify it. It's almost a maple syrup kind of a thing. And there's a bit of cinnamon on the finish.

Nicely done, Rocky.
    I got a pretzel dough pre-light taste when I had my first one. Thuroughly enjoyable.
  • Options
    Placed a nice order today. Two Ashton VSG 1999 Rounds, 3 each of the Oliva Series G Cameroon and Maduro torpedos, 3 each of the Series O Natural and Maduro torpedos, 3 Series V Torpedos and 2 100 Anos Belicosos. I'm over my March budget but it's not another $400 and up month so I'll be ok.
  • Options

rwheelwright:
    Placed a nice order today. Two Ashton VSG 1999 Rounds, 3 each of the Oliva Series G Cameroon and Maduro torpedos, 3 each of the Series O Natural and Maduro torpedos, 3 Series V Torpedos and 2 100 Anos Belicosos. I'm over my March budget but it's not another $400 and up month so I'll be ok.

sounds like a sweet order...

• Options
    gmill880:

rwheelwright:

Oh, I added 3 of the CAO CX2 Toros. I hear that they aren't going to be offered anymore by most shops. Wanted to try them before they are gone. Plus, I would rather give my business to ccom than another place I don't know or that doesn't offer the same level of customer service.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:

rwheelwright:

Oh, I added 3 of the CAO CX2 Toros. I hear that they aren't going to be offered anymore by most shops. Wanted to try them before they are gone. Plus, I would rather give my business to ccom than another place I don't know or that doesn't offer the same level of customer service.
    I got to talk to the CAO rep the other night at the LX2 event bbc and I were at. The story he gave me on the CX2's is that CAO has quit making them. "Insert Ccom competitors name here" bought the remaining inventory from them. SO while this competitor is claiming them to be exclusive to their site its a little misleading. The aren't really exclusives, they just have all the remaining inventory.

THe rep told me basically the cost of a double Cameroon wasn't worth the sales they were producing.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:

rwheelwright:

I got to talk to the CAO rep the other night at the LX2 event bbc and I were at. The story he gave me on the CX2's is that CAO has quit making them. "Insert Ccom competitors name here" bought the remaining inventory from them. SO while this competitor is claiming them to be exclusive to their site its a little misleading. The aren't really exclusives, they just have all the remaining inventory.

THe rep told me basically the cost of a double Cameroon wasn't worth the sales they were producing.
    Well, I am a big fan of Cameroon so hopefully I will like these. If I do and ccom has anymore left I'll definately get some more. My experience with CAO is limited to maybe one or two cigars ever.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    [
    rwheelwright:
    madurofan:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:

rwheelwright:

Well, I am a big fan of Cameroon so hopefully I will like these. If I do and ccom has anymore left I'll definately get some more. My experience with CAO is limited to maybe one or two cigars ever.
    I've heard the same thing from other sources about the CX2...if you do like them, I'd buy them up while you can. They will not be made for large runs again by CAO

On the other hand the LX2 I had at the event with Maddy was nice...spicy and strong, but a pleasant experience. I'm confident they will get even better with age. Well, I am a big fan of Cameroon so hopefully I will like these. If I do and ccom has anymore left I'll definately get some more. My experience with CAO is limited to maybe one or two cigars ever.