Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

New Year's Great Deal Pass ~ COMPLETE!!!

We all enjoy getting a great deal when purchasing cigars and we all know that there are WAY TOO MANY great cigar deals offered to jump on every one (despite our best efforts). I want to create a pass where we can share our great deals with each other.

I've filled a box with 18 very nice cigars from my humidor(s). Each of these cigars I truly enjoy and was able to get them for a great deal (relatively). I'm sure many of you have humidors filled the same way. This pass will provide an opportunity to take advantage of someone else's great deal in exchange for your own.

Here's what I'm thinking:

1. An even stick for stick swap with a limit of 4 sticks taken for 4 sticks given.
2. Each stick given must be of equal or greater caliber to the stick taken (as opposed to giving back two to make up for the difference).
3. MSRP is not the quality judge since we're sharing our Great Deals. Do your best to consider the cigars your fellow BORK's down the mailing list will be receiving. Any questions can be addressed in the thread or via pm.
4. This is not the crap pass. The cigars I've put in the box are high quality premium cigars.
5. Obviously you should be on the Good Traders list.
6. If people are interested in this pm me with your address and I'll put together a geographically efficient pass order.

So...what do you think? Wanna get this pass going and share our Great Deals with each other?

additional edits:
1. Please keep the packing on this pass tidy. No naked sticks. If you have a naked stick you wish to add please re-use an old cello or rob one from a similar sized stick in your humi that won't be doing any traveling.
2. Please no Gurkha or Rocky Patel. While you and many others may love them many on here do not.
3. Please don't include sticks that are always inexpensive (for example: GH 2002, Pinar del Rio, etc. etc). While these are good cigars they can be obtained cheaply seven days a week. This pass is looking for your best cigars you scored a deal on.
4. Please update the thread with your takes but not your puts (so the pass remains a surprise) and the tracking/confirmation number as it flies to the next person.

Participants in shipping order:

The Sniper:
Takes: CAO America and El Cobre

lonewolf2011:
Takes: 5 Vegas Cask Strength II, Camacho Triple Maduro and DPG Blue

MTuccelli:
Takes: Padron 1964 Anniversary

jasonusa1:
Takes: AVO XO, San Lotano Habano, Oliva V and Camacho PE

buckeyecigar:
Takes: RyJ Limitada #2, Fuente Anejo #77, Illusione and Stradivarius

Grazuh:
Takes: LP No. 9, JDN Celebracion and Camacho Corojo

Jayo:
Takes: My Father, Pvnisher, Padilla Dominus and Undercrown

Direwolf:
Takes: Camacho PE

Comments

• I'm in! PM sent!
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    PM Sent
  • JayoJayo Posts: 76
    Oh... this would be fun, but I gotta wait to be in Good Traders list. Have fun guys.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Looks like enough interest is already being generated to turn this pass into a reality. I've added a couple of additional edits to the first post. Who else wants in? I guarantee you will be psyched with the cigars that show up at your door!
  • sounds awesome im in pm sent
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Unfortunately all I have is 3 boxes of Gurkha His Majesty's reserve..
    scarlin:
    Unfortunately all I have is 3 boxes of Gurkha His Majesty's reserve..
    Ummmmm...no good. lol
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    In, if you'll have me harpoon. Gotta support my Maine Man, right? LOL

• ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Last year we did a Mileage Pass which was kinda like this and one thing that I remember would have been really helpful would be to spend a bit of cash use beads for your humidification. There was a problem with some of the packs "exploding" and causing cigars to stick to each other and damaging the non-cello sticks.
  • GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    PM sent
    All pm's have been replied to. There is still plenty of room for more people to get in on this pass. Lotsa good sticks gonna be flying around...
    Thewelder:
    Last year we did a Mileage Pass which was kinda like this and one thing that I remember would have been really helpful would be to spend a bit of cash use beads for your humidification. There was a problem with some of the packs "exploding" and causing cigars to stick to each other and damaging the non-cello sticks.
    While I've yet to experience the personal pleasure of exploded humi packs I'm definitely going to take every measure to ensure good packing. I'm hoping nobody puts in any naked sticks because it's so easy to rob a cello from another stick in the humi.

Still, good advice and with winter setting in I'll put some of my beads in the pass instead of humi packs.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    All pm's have been replied to. There is still plenty of room for more people to get in on this pass. Lotsa good sticks gonna be flying around...
    If you promise no Diesels, intenso or punishers then count me in please.

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I would like to be in..... So everyone hates rocky patels and Ghurkas and diesels? I am definatley not a fN OF GHURKA. Might be fun but really what one guys thought of a good deal and qualit willbe far from anothers im sure.......
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Diesels probably fall under the always a good price mentioned earlier. So I'm guessing they are excluded from this pass.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    MTuccelli:
    bigharpoon:

Well then ****, I guess I'm going to have to rethink what I was planning on sending you for my side of our trade.
    jasonusa1:
    MTuccelli:
    bigharpoon:

Well then ****, I guess I'm going to have to rethink what I was planning on sending you for my side of our trade.
    Sorry about that Jason

• jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    MTuccelli:
    jasonusa1:
    MTuccelli:
    bigharpoon:

Sorry about that Jason

It happens.
    MTuccelli:

No Diesels, Intensos or Pvnishers in the box. Welcome aboard!

blurr:
    Diesels probably fall under the always a good price mentioned earlier. So I'm guessing they are excluded from this pass.
    Yes, quite correct. I love Diesels very much, great cigar, but they are what I would consider an everyday good value. You can call up and get them any day of the week for $3 or $3.50/each.

Redtailhawkoz:
    I would like to be in..... So everyone hates rocky patels and Ghurkas and diesels? I am definatley not a fN OF GHURKA. Might be fun but really what one guys thought of a good deal and qualit willbe far from anothers im sure.......

Hey Oz, my thought behind excluding Rocky and Gurkha is simpe: enough people dislike them that they may be disappointed when they receive the pass and open the box only to discover several of the choices are RP or Gurkha. Also, their pricing and sales promotions are so all over the place it makes it difficult to agree on their value. These two points, taken together, make it much easier just to exclude them.

I love Diesels but as I stated above they are an everyday attainable value, sorta like LHC OF. Great cigars but this pass is an opportunity to share our more exciting deals and scores.

One man's thought of a great deal and quality will definitely differ from another man's thoughts. I don't want to be overly strict but I do want to make sure all the BOTL will be completely psyched with the cigars they are presented with.
    bigharpoon:
    MTuccelli:

blurr:
    Yes, quite correct. I love Diesels very much, great cigar, but they are what I would consider an everyday good value. You can call up and get them any day of the week for $3 or $3.50/each.

Redtailhawkoz:

Hey Oz, my thought behind excluding Rocky and Gurkha is simpe: enough people dislike them that they may be disappointed when they receive the pass and open the box only to discover several of the choices are RP or Gurkha. Also, their pricing and sales promotions are so all over the place it makes it difficult to agree on their value. These two points, taken together, make it much easier just to exclude them.

I love Diesels but as I stated above they are an everyday attainable value, sorta like LHC OF. Great cigars but this pass is an opportunity to share our more exciting deals and scores.

One man's thought of a great deal and quality will definitely differ from another man's thoughts. I don't want to be overly strict but I do want to make sure all the BOTL will be completely psyched with the cigars they are presented with.
    Well said, and I am going to be brutally honest here. There were several passes i was in that started with great sticks and when it got to me there was always a load of gurkhas, rocky patel, diesels, cain, punishers and intenso and some of those I would just take one and ship to the next guy. Thanks Greg for setting up the rules like you did, it is the only way to keep passes interesting.

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    bigharpoon:
    MTuccelli:

blurr:

Redtailhawkoz:

I get it.....
    8 people so far, lots of them fairly new to the boards which I think is AWESOME. I'd like to get 3 or 4 more people in on this, anyone else interested?
    This will go out in a couple days, shipping order is on the first post. Still room for any stragglers.
    Are we going to post takes and puts on this thread as the pass moves along boss?

The Sniper:
    Are we going to post takes and puts on this thread as the pass moves along boss?

Takes only, we'll leave all the Puts to be discovered when you get the box and I'll post pics of the final package when it comes home. Inside the box will be an address list and a sheet to put your takes and puts on as well as any notes you want to add, like a particular cigar's age ~ one of the cigars I'm starting it off with has over 2 years on it.

I'm leaving the fairness of the exchanges up to you guys. A little risky but I think we are all capable of taking care of each other. If anyone has a question about their takes and puts during their turn please feel free to give me a pm.
  • sounds great! cant wait
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I can't take part in this pass. I seriously have no luck sending sticks anywhere. I give up on it.
    Pass is in the air, on its way to The Sniper. 0300 1290 0009 1418 9094
    Direwolf:
    I can't take part in this pass. I seriously have no luck sending sticks anywhere. I give up on it.
    you have a pm.
    bigharpoon:
    Pass is in the air, on its way to The Sniper. 0300 1290 0009 1418 9094
    Sweet, we're off and running!