Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

NEWBIE TRADING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Let me stock up a bit and I'm in, as long as one of the fine BoTL are willing to sponsor me. Sadly, I'm down to an Obsidian belicosso and (I hate to say this) a few Thompson Nitro...
    Welcome to the forums my KY brother....send me your addy and I'll be your sponser.....
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    So please let me know how this works. I am a newbie.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    KevinFitts:
    You say you want to trade with someone and a person with 375+ posts accepts. You send your sticks to them first and once they receive them they send theirs to you.
  • Options
    Is there any kind of rule of thumb on what you send? I am interested if someone will trade with me.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KevinFitts:
    Is there any kind of rule of thumb on what you send? I am interested if someone will trade with me.
    No rule on what you send, just use common sense, as in, what would you like in a trade. Oh, yeah, I'm someone and i am willing to do a trade with you. PM sent. Don't worry, I don't have too much myself, just a small 20 count.
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    scarlin:
    KevinFitts:
    You say you want to trade with someone and a person with 375+ posts accepts. You send your sticks to them first and once they receive them they send theirs to you.
    /// 375? I didn't know that...Time to find the "Word Game" thread.......lol........
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    KevinFitts:
    No rule on what you send, just use common sense, as in, what would you like in a trade. Oh, yeah, I'm someone and i am willing to do a trade with you. PM sent. Don't worry, I don't have too much myself, just a small 20 count.
    You still have time to run Kevin....Don't look back, just run.....Oh, and welcome to the forum....
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spindrift:
    scarlin:
    KevinFitts:
    /// 375? I didn't know that...Time to find the "Word Game" thread.......lol........
    Paul, don't forget about the "Fluff Thread" in the Non-Cigar Section, always great for adding a couple to the count.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    CvilleE:
    Toombes:
    Let me stock up a bit and I'm in, as long as one of the fine BoTL are willing to sponsor me. Sadly, I'm down to an Obsidian belicosso and (I hate to say this) a few Thompson Nitro...
    Welcome to the forums my KY brother....send me your addy and I'll be your sponser.....
    PM sent... I think
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    StrongStyle:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    StrongStyle:
    Haven't done a trade or anything in a week or two, still under the n00b title. so who wants to go 5 for 5?
    I will go 5 for 5...but I won't send 5 :)
    Let's rumble.
    PM Sent!
  • Options
    Toombes:
    CvilleE:
    Toombes:
    PM sent... I think
    PM Replied..
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    StrongStyle:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    StrongStyle:
    Haven't done a trade or anything in a week or two, still under the n00b title. so who wants to go 5 for 5?
    I will go 5 for 5...but I won't send 5 :)
    Let's rumble.
    PM Sent!
    replied sir
  • Options
    Pm sent
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    Toombes:
    CvilleE:
    Toombes:
    PM sent... I think
    PM Replied..
    DC: 0310 2640 0000 4357 5299
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Can I get in on this? I'm going to get some new cigars soon, but have a few left still. What do I do?
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Salem:
    Can I get in on this? I'm going to get some new cigars soon, but have a few left still. What do I do?
    you simply throw your name in the hat that you're looking for a sponsor... which you pretty much did by posting in this thread :)

if I had some stuff that you'd like I'd gladly sponsor you... but I honestly have less than 5 mild or mild-med sticks. lol

I promise somebody will sponsor you by the end of the day. If not, I will put together what I have for ya.
  • Options
    Hey thanks Big, maybe someone will adopt me, lol!!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    PM incoming, I have mild cigars.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    RCY Cigars:
    Rick... play nice... she's new.

good luck, Salem. lmao
  • Options
    BigT06:
    RCY Cigars:

good luck, Salem. lmao

I'm going to take care of what she asked for. And she's going to send her cigars too. I'm always nice, especially to new forum members. See :)....
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    BigT06:
    RCY Cigars:

good luck, Salem. lmao

I'm going to take care of what she asked for. And she's going to send her cigars too. I'm always nice, especially to new forum members. See :)....
    Have never dealt with you yet myself but I have read enough.

As Todd said good luck Salem.
  • Options
    Ummm.....should I be scared for some reason??? lol!!
  • Options
    Salem:

No need to be scared, they're just messing around.

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Salem:
    Maybe yes. But you should also feel very excited. You have been sponsered by one of the best BOTL we have around here.

Rick has some VERY NICE milder sticks. You should be taken care of very well.

He has been known to inflict some damage when sending out to people, that was what the concern for you was in this case. Let's just say he likes to make an impression :)
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Salem:
    Maybe yes. But you should also feel very excited. You have been sponsered by one of the best BOTL we have around here.

He has been known to inflict some damage when sending out to people, that was what the concern for you was in this case. Let's just say he likes to make an impression :)
    +1
  • Options
    I thought maybe ya'll were just funnin' around. He sounds like a great guy and from PMs I know this to be so. :)
  • Options
    JHewey:
    laker1963:
    Salem:

+1

You guys are to kind, thanks.

??? Mental note, Laker and +1 JHewey.....

• Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    JHewey:
    laker1963:
    Salem:

+1

You guys are to kind, thanks.

??? Mental note, Laker and +1 JHewey.....

Rick sending sticks again? This will be fun.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    For all of us Newbs, I have found alot of answers in the thread etiquette.. Trade, Passes and Bombs very helpful...:)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Salem:
    Salem, Ric will expand your cigar experiences. There is no going back after this package hits your porch.