Home General Discussion

DCCC Thread

In the past I have gotten unreal support from this forum for my baby, the Dead Camel Cigar Club, and I can not tell you what it has meant to me. Honestly when I started it I had a baggie with a pillow and ended up having to use a very large cooler (2 as a matter of fact. One for the DCCC on it's own.)

That being said... I was looking for some more APO Addresses to ship to when I made the mistake of listening to two of the BORKs here. They said contact the USO.

I did, and they responded in kind. The woman I contacted directly was the director of the base (CAS in Dora Qatar) where I was when this whole thing started. She saw the difference that cigar night made for the troops and the morale lift that was capable from it. It gave the guys something to look forward to.

Her response was a list of addresses, 11 in all, all over the middle eastern section of the world. From Afghanistan to Qatar and everywhere in between. She requested anything at all to include humidors, cutters, punches, scissors, clips, and of course cigars.

I was guaranteed photos of cigar night on every post I send to. There was an awesome donation made as I was returning home for surgery as well. It was two boxes of DCCC banded cigars and a DCCC logoed humi, which I am still working with Tony to get (between my hiatus and his deployment to Korea, they are still at his house). I was not supposed to know about it until it got to me, but for shipping concerns it came to light.

That being said I am starting a new fundraising campaign for all things cigar related. Ladies and gentlemen, they do not need or want brand new things (while they're nice to have they can be lost or messed up due to the powdery sand they use as grass over there). I am asking for tour tired your weary, your items of broken spirit. As for the cigars, some of these guys have never smoked one andjust wouldn't know the difference between a Dutch Master and an LFD!

Anything you have to spare would be much appreciated. Also, to help with shipping the DCCC is accepting purchases from the zazzle store. Go to www.zazzle.com and search Dead Camel Cigar Club. Donations can also be made to deadcamelcigarclub@gmail.com via pay-pal.

Thanks in advance for the help, and in earnest for your contributions past, present and future.

rc

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Bought one of the shirts doood
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    If you're taking cigar donations, I'd appreciate a pm with a shipping address sometime. Thanks.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hey Ryan, good to see you're still going strong with the DCCC. I'm looking to do some humi cleaning and would love to send along some cigars and any kind of equipment I can find. Please pm me your address and I'll get something together over the weekend.
    Throw me the addy too. Sure I can come up with a lil sumthin sumthin too
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I've sent the address to all that asked for it.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I've got something to add to the pile. PM your details, please.
    Mephisto:
    I've got something to add to the pile. PM your details, please.
    You have it now sir.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Send me a addy good sir.
    Replied good sir!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I need an addy good sir. Its time to make room in my cooler anyways ;)
    First pakage in a long time landed in Kuwait this am. Will post pics ASAP.
    Still waiting on pics from Kuwait. Probably coming in today or tomorrow. Got bandyt09s box of donations today, made me a little jealous im not still over there. I'll have pics of it up in a few hours.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Ryan, I havent been paying atention to this thread as closely as I should have been - are you taking up a collection for the troops? PM me and let me know please. Thanks!

I'll have something in the mail later this week. Can't wait to wear the shirt I ordered. that thing kicks ass
    Wait till you see the website we are starting on next week. Tony is in Korea in the field so he's out of the loop this week, but when he gets back we plan to have a few intercontinental conversations and get the DCCC page up and running!
    Got bandyt09's donation today and started tearing up. It was not quite a year ago when I met this motley crew of BOTLs and y'all started the DCCC with me. Well, y'all started it, I was just the frontman. This was an awesome donation much appreciated and should be headed out later this week!

Bandyt09
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    Got bandyt09's donation today and started tearing up. It was not quite a year ago when I met this motley crew of BOTLs and y'all started the DCCC with me. Well, y'all started it, I was just the frontman. This was an awesome donation much appreciated and should be headed out later this week!

Ryan, that is what I had left from the last troop bombing I did so it wasn't all from me but from various members here on the forum. I am glad you are able to do this and as soon as I thin out some inventory I'll see if I can get you some more.

Well thanks to all who donated to you so you could donate to the DCCC.
    So Steven's box showed up today. Almost ran me out of room! Going to Tarjet to get a cooler now!

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Way to go fellas, that is amazing.
    It has been said and said again, but this is hands down the best place....EVER!!!
    One God, One Truth
  • slickricslickric Posts: 705
    that is awsome man, if i had enough i would love to contribute, maybe when i get back i'll have the funds
    If so that's great, if not, no biggie. I am trying to get the USO to kick in some cheddar! If so we can get this thing moving right along....
    try talking to BOSS also, when i was in korea we actually talked the BOSS rep into sponsoring a beer pong tournement. anything is possible
    Boss reps are generally not in forward areas from my understanding of the program, but it might work for the support side of it.
    Picked up some soon to be tupperdors today. Boveda packets in the mail. Gonna be a big week at the post office!
    MrGreenMachine went out of his way to be generous and took it over the top!

four lighters, two humidifiers, four cutters, a humidor, matches and when I opened the humidor it was FULL!
    Brother we cant thank you enough!
    Mrgreenmachine, WOW!
    DSWarmack:
    Boss reps are generally not in forward areas from my understanding of the program, but it might work for the support side of it.
    i know when i was in korea they nominated a soldier to be the boss rep, i am assuming other units do the same when deployed because they still have boss events
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Sending one your way maybe today, or tomorrow.
    Roger, the only problem is getting in touch with individual units that are forward. If someone contacts me with digital unit contact information (ie. email, or phone numbers), I would be happy to work something out with BOSS. I am currently having to work with the USO for addresses because while the people rotate out the places generally stay the same. Every Unit I've deployed with has moved at least twice in a year and mail move so slow over there I dont want to send something without digital conformation. They don't even have to have a BOSS rep, I'll work with anyone E5 or higher (any branch), to get these cigars out of my house!
    Russ55:
    Sending one your way maybe today, or tomorrow.
    We appreciate all the help from everyone and I a still fighting with a Jackleg E4 to get photos from Kuwait... Hence the E5 and up comment earlier. Not all E4s are morons, but they call it the sham shield for a reason!