What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    j0z3r:
    Katt68:
    Katt68:
    j0z3r:
    Nice haul Katt. Interested to hear what you think of the Cojonu 2012.
    I think that will be tonight on the deck (if the weather holds out). I will smoke the broadleaf, hubby will have the sumatra.. Kevin(my tobacconist) said that I should be able to handle is just fine but not hubby giggles...
    My take on the Cojonu 2012... WOW! on the pre-light very oily old leather. First light pretty much the same with a lot od red-pepper and spice, like cinnamon. Half way through very earthy, and still the spice. With about 2" left it gets very peppery, but not hot pepper. A GREAT SMOKE. I WILL be getting more.
    I may need to pick a few up. My interest in Tatuaje has waned recently, but the Cojonu blends have been among my favorites from the brand.
    That was my first Cojonu. I really enjoyed it. I love the 6x60 with the same wrapper. I had a challenge put to me about a year ago from a guy at my shop to see f i was "man" enough to smoke it in one sitting. He was not able to do it, I did it in one. Funny, that guy does not come in to the shop anymore... Hummm Tatuajes are at the top of my fav list.
  • Options
    stowggiestowggie Posts: 399
    Imgembo:
    skweekz:
    Reconquista/San Lotano Oval March Madness deal...

i wish i would have bought that.. They came in coffins to that is freaking insane
    Nice!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Katt68:
    j0z3r:
    Katt68:
    Katt68:
    j0z3r:
    Nice haul Katt. Interested to hear what you think of the Cojonu 2012.
    I think that will be tonight on the deck (if the weather holds out). I will smoke the broadleaf, hubby will have the sumatra.. Kevin(my tobacconist) said that I should be able to handle is just fine but not hubby giggles...
    My take on the Cojonu 2012... WOW! on the pre-light very oily old leather. First light pretty much the same with a lot od red-pepper and spice, like cinnamon. Half way through very earthy, and still the spice. With about 2" left it gets very peppery, but not hot pepper. A GREAT SMOKE. I WILL be getting more.
    I may need to pick a few up. My interest in Tatuaje has waned recently, but the Cojonu blends have been among my favorites from the brand.
    That was my first Cojonu. I really enjoyed it. I love the 6x60 with the same wrapper. I had a challenge put to me about a year ago from a guy at my shop to see f i was "man" enough to smoke it in one sitting. He was not able to do it, I did it in one. Funny, that guy does not come in to the shop anymore... Hummm Tatuajes are at the top of my fav list.
    Haha, cool story. Guess when it comes to handling nicotine you've either got it or you don't. If you like Tatuaje, definitely check out the Cojonu 2003 and 2006, fantastic blends.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    stowggie:
    Imgembo:
    skweekz:

i wish i would have bought that.. They came in coffins to that is freaking insane
    Nice!
    Wow coffins,, That is an awesome surprise!!!!!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    stowggie:
    Imgembo:
    skweekz:

Nice!
    no **** , best madness deal i missed , zzzzzzzzzzzzz, lol
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    stowggie:
    Imgembo:
    skweekz:

Nice!
    Nice grab, Mike. Wish I was up early enough to grab this, and by early I mean prior to 4am. Coffins....nice.
  • Options
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    stowggie:
    Imgembo:
    skweekz:

Nice!
    Nice grab, Mike. Wish I was up early enough to grab this, and by early I mean prior to 4am. Coffins....nice.
  • Options
    Got a little package from bandyt09, aka Todd. Not much I can say about him that hasn't been said already, and I mean that as the highest compliment.

Not too long ago, he asked me about the El Tiante, a cigar made at My Father, named after Hall of Fame Pitcher Luis Tiante, who was born in Cuba and was playing for the Cleveland Indians at the time of the revolution, after which he was unable to return to his home. Todd asked me if I would review one of the cigars I had and make a recommendation to buying some. So I smoked it and told Todd it's a keeper and go for it. So he promised he'd send me a couple later.

So I got a package in the mail with a couple of El Tiante's, a rosado and an oscuro. Knowing I'm a Red Sox fan, he also sent me a DVD copy of the Luis Tiant documentary, "The Lost Son of Havana", a documentary about Luis Tiant and his return to Cuba.

Todd, this was a truly thoughtful gift. I really appreciate and can't wait to check out the film.

Thanks, dude.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    y2pascoe:
    Got a little package from bandyt09, aka Todd. Not much I can say about him that hasn't been said already, and I mean that as the highest compliment.

Not too long ago, he asked me about the El Tiante, a cigar made at My Father, named after Hall of Fame Pitcher Luis Tiante, who was born in Cuba and was playing for the Cleveland Indians at the time of the revolution, after which he was unable to return to his home. Todd asked me if I would review one of the cigars I had and make a recommendation to buying some. So I smoked it and told Todd it's a keeper and go for it. So he promised he'd send me a couple later.

So I got a package in the mail with a couple of El Tiante's, a rosado and an oscuro. Knowing I'm a Red Sox fan, he also sent me a DVD copy of the Luis Tiant documentary, "The Lost Son of Havana", a documentary about Luis Tiant and his return to Cuba.

Todd, this was a truly thoughtful gift. I really appreciate and can't wait to check out the film.

Thanks, dude.
    A Sox fan ay? I am a BoSox FREAK!!! Been to Fenway the past 2 years and Boston the past 4. Going again this summer for my 30th. I feel a herf comin on!!!!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I got 3 Oliva Series "V" Maduro 2010, 20 Gran Habano Vintage 2002 and 5 Room 101.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Got in my end of a trade with JHewey. Justin delivered big time, as usual!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    ShotgunJohn:
    I got 3 Oliva Series "V" Maduro 2010, 20 Gran Habano Vintage 2002 and 5 Room 101.
    How are those gran Habano vintage 2002. I've seen them around but have yet to pull the trigger. I really like the gran Habano Azteca Fuerte and smoke though them pretty fast.
  • Options
    BigT06:

Where do the BOTL sticks come from?
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    stowggie:
    BigT06:

Where do the BOTL sticks come from?
    They are from another forum. Cigar made for forum by PDR.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    stowggie:
    ShotgunJohn:
    How are those gran Habano vintage 2002. I've seen them around but have yet to pull the trigger. I really like the gran Habano Azteca Fuerte and smoke though them pretty fast.
    I find them to be an enjoyable smoke sometimes they are a bit moist so they have to be dryboxed. I have yet to pull the trigger on the Azteca. Are you up for a trade PM me.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Received kingdavid5 end of the newbie trade we did. Posted pics in the good traders thread.

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Just a little sumthinsumthin... image
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Just a little sumthinsumthin... image
    Holy crap get me a cold glass of water pease!
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Got my end of a trade with bigt06. Awesome sticks from Todd as always. Thank you.
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Got my end of a trade with bigt06. Awesome sticks from Todd as always. Thank you.
    I'd be willing to bet a few of those will be smoked tomorrow....and today lol. Nice hit Todd...all class
  • Options
    JHewey:
    I'd be willing to bet a few of those will be smoked tomorrow....and today lol. Nice hit Todd...all class
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Got my winning from Robbyras's Iconic movie character contest. Thanks again man for the contest! He sent out some great cigars that i personally have not had the pleasure of smoking before so i am looking forward to them. Im tempted to smoke the san lotano right freaking now. Your a great BOTL and to call you generousness would be an understatement. image
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    y2pascoe:

Thanks, dude.
    Todd is an amazing BOTL . . .
  • Options
    I got a very similar package from Mr Todd.

I've been a sox fan my whole life and I grew up going to fenway 5-10 times a year with my dad back in the 80s and 90s. Even though I've lived in CA for almost 20 years now, if your born a sox fan you die a sox fan. One of my dad's favorite players when he was younger was Tiant, and Todd knew that since we chatted about the el Tiante Cigars a month or so back. So with this Bomb Todd was really giving me the gift of time with my dad.

He's not a cigar smoker, and I'm not a golfer. But I'll go golfing with him just becuase I get to hang out with my dad doing something he loves. He views cigars the same way. He'll never smoke on his own, but we share a handful of cigars a year together and their always special times, and he's really enjoying doing something with me that I enjoy. I'm already planning a weekend trip to their place so we can carve some time together watch the movie and smoke the cigars. I'll probably take down the Oscuro because I think that oneis a bit stronger. But seriously, this is an incredible Gift Todd.

I am grateful brother.

• Options
    Ok so this one wasn't from today . . . . .

Jiunn swung by the house and be had a good old fashioned backyard herf on some folding chairs and we smoked the DPG A's that Todd, hooked me up with.

Well Jiunn, and I have been friends for a long time, and he's an incredible BOTL, and it seems he fits in real well here, becuase he never travels alone and left these for me. image
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    Shauns sale
  • Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    My cousin hooked me up with a little bday gift image
  • Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    Today I picked up 2 R&J Reserve 1 PUNCH COROJO 3 OPUS Can't Wait to get home. see yaa
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I got in the daily deal with the Armadas, 1926's and Cores from march madness. Also the My father sampler for a buddy
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    jj20030:
    The Kid:
    stowggie:
    Imgembo:
    skweekz:

Nice!
    Awesome! I didn't think they would be in coffins. My wife better send me some pics tonight! Imreally stoked to get home. Never had either of them.