Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Felt like I had a cigar in my mouth all day. Started out w a Nestor Miranda Ct. This is a nice one to start the day and a great value - something like $1/each on bid. Next up was a Torano 1916 Cameroon robusto. Great flavor, but draw was a bit tight and not much smoke. Later I had a Padilla Miami churchill -fantastic. Followed this up w my favorite; a cuban HDM petit robusto. Finished up the night w a La Aurora 2nd cameroon. Solid smoke.

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Smoking a AB Tempus got from a PIF from Rob1110. Great smoke so far. Some nice spice and sweet earthiness to it. I appreciate try this one out. Something I may not have tried if it weren't for this board. Thanks Rob.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm over at a friend's house at a cook out. We had a 5 Vegas Limitada '08 earlier (thanks again Jay), great sticks. These were just like every other one I have had, minor burn issues, but good smoke overall. Then a little while ago I had a Gurkha Regent with a few seven and sevens, one of my go-tos, and he had a Camacho Corojo, one of his go-tos. Might end up smoking another later, but so far it has been a great evening.
  • Options
    Ended up having a Camacho SLR Maduro to close out the night. Damn Camachos are good sticks, I really should smoke more of these. They are in the same category as Tatuaje's to me, great sticks that I never seem to buy. I really need to remidy that.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    A cohiba esplendido courtesy a very generous botl here...I owe him a huge thanks. Last night I was celebrating a work-related milestone and had been saving this for a nice occasion. It was great, and unlike any other cigar I've had. He had described it as a very unique buttery/creamy flavor and I'd have to say that was spot on. Good to the last drop. And now I can say I've had one. And now I know that while I liked it very much, there are other more easily obtainable cigars from other countries that I need to try. Just part of my mission to keep trying as much as I can.
  • Options
    burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    Had the Oliva Serie V Torpedo last night. Bam! Strong one, especially right from the start. It seemed to mellow as I went through it. Heavy tobacco flavors with not much nuance at first and then settled into some sweeter tones, nut and espresso flavors, just hints of these though. Excellent draw and just quick touch up burn issues that may have even corrected on its own had I been more patient.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Had a Gurkha Symphony with my coffee this morning. Good smoke, I guess I have 4 Gurkha cigars on my list that I like. It paired really well with coffee too, probably due to the creamy Connecticut wrapper.
    Hey Joe, I love the Symphony..one of my favorite Gurkhas, I had a great cigar day, and it aint over yet.. Started with a La Aurora 1495/1994 great with coffee.. Damn, I'm going to do that again soon..Next was a Camacho 1962 perfecto ( thanks Urbi ) very good cigar, nice size for a quick smoke.
    After that ( a few hours) My all time favorite go to cigar Bauza by Fuentes that spent two years in the box, best Bauza I have ever had and I have smoked probably a hundred of these.. Tonight I am planning on a Don Carlos #3. I obtained a few of these about a month ago and plan on comparing notes with a couple other forum members. It's been a long time since I went 4/4, but I do believe it will happen today.
    Sounds like a good one 4-a-day kas. :) That Symphony really surprised me, I wasn't actually expecting much from it.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just finished a Cuban Cabinet. You can never go wrong with one of these. Not sure what I will have tonight but I'm sure I'll add it to the list.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Just finished a Montecristo Platinum outside while watching the dog...great smoke.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Haven't been able to smoke for three days due to bad weather conditions. I'm itching to try my two mystery sticks though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    had a perdomo golf this morning, wasn't all that impressed with it. so far the only cigar I like from perdomo is the habano. i then had a alec bradley 1997, which had a great aroma but I wasn't digg'n the flavor, the first inch or so I was but not after that.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm not much of a Perdomo fan either but the ESV in Maduro is pretty good.

I just finished a Padilla '32 care of our BOTL jozer. You were right man, if yo like the Miami, you'll dig the 1932. Very flavorful and earthy. I'm about to head up to the humi and grab something else and i'm thinking about making it a Padilla Day!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Finished up a Cusano C10 Corona, compliments of Maddy. Nice spicy stick with some sweet woody flavors throughout.
  • Options
    Right now I am sitting outside, looking at the ocean meet the horizon, enjoying a very pleasant breeze, and smoking a Gurkha Rare Breed Maduro. All in all, it is a really nice morning.
  • Options
    Just finished up a Kopi Luwak, awesome coffee-infused cigar. Quite a bit sweeter than Java or TS, but in a good way. Thanks again for turning me on to these Gene, I appreciate it!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    CAO Brazilia robusto...had this in the afternoon with a cup of coffee and loved it. Had a great finish and a nice spice, two things I like very much.
  • Options
    Just had a mystery cigar from bass, freaking amazing. See the mystery stick thread for details.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished up a Kopi Luwak, awesome coffee-infused cigar. Quite a bit sweeter than Java or TS, but in a good way. Thanks again for turning me on to these Gene, I appreciate it!

You are welcome my friend...hey what did ya think of the Gurkha Rare Breed ?
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Started out w a Perdomo Sungrown -great smoke. Next up was a RP Cameroon. Got it at a B&M in Des Moines -said it was made just for them. Finished up w a 5 Vegas Classic.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Smoked a El Rey Del Mundo robusto down to my fingers. I love the flavor profile of this cigar. A really super nice blend of leather mixed with white and black pepper. This one had about 5 months on it and I believe had more creamy smoke than any cigar I have ever smoked. Looked like more smoke off my cigar than my neighors grill Ha !
  • Options
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

You are welcome my friend...hey what did ya think of the Gurkha Rare Breed ?
    Honestly, I don't care for the maduro Rare Breed at all. I picked up a couple of the natural and maduros back in March, when I was in NC. I tried one of the maduros then and didn't like it, so I figured I would let em sit for a month or so. It didn't help, lol. I did like the natural version much better when I tried it, gonna give it another go here soon.

I just started on a CAO America, and I am already in love with this cigar. About an inch in and the flavor, construction, burn, draw are all spot-on.
  • Options
    Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    I had a rocky patel vintage 1990 this morning, what an awesome smoke. Its been resting for a few months now and i enjoyed it from start to finish. nice draw and burn throughout Its the first one of the 1990's ive had and will definetaly be ordering more.
  • Options
    Been a while since i had a Rocy Vintage....hmmm think i'll fix that later, those are good.

Camacho Pre-Emabrgo tonight. Ohh so Suhweet! What an awesome smoke, god i wish i jumped on the daily deal!
  • Options
    You ever go through your humidor, not knowing what you really want to smoke? Tonight was one of those nights for me. I finally settled on an Alec Bradley Harvest Selection 1997. And it turns out that it was exactly the cigar I was in the mood for. As soon as I lit it up and took my first puff on it, the satisfaction was there. Man, it really hit the spot, perfect end to my weekend.
  • Options
    hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    This morning I had a Verdadero Organic. Very tasty.

CK
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Friday I had a three cigar day. Started with an Upmann Demitasse which I did not finish. Next, at lunch time I had a Grand Age Perfecto. Construction was ok. Friday night I had a Blue Steel. This one, I smoked about half off and then went to play a gig. When I re-lit it after the gig the first few draws were good but then it was just hot smoke and really no taste. I think this is because it was raining on Friday and the humidity in the air just ruined the cigar. I know for a fact that it was around 70% in storage.

Saturday no smoking for me but yesterday I smoked a RP 1992. This was my second one that I have smoked. It had a nice taste but it immediately cracked at the foot till about an inch up upon lighting. As I smoked it (over an hour) it was eventually crack again in multiple spots. This cigar was in a humidor that is around 66%. Again, I must attribute this to the humidity because it was raining out. I was in my truck while smoking this but had the windows open.
  • Options
    Today was a Gurkha Ancient Warrior, which has now zoomed up into the top 5 gurkhas i love. A teensy burn issue which was easily corrected. Awesome flavor, and lots of soothing smoke.
  • Options
    I had a Rocky Patel Sun Grown, didn't really do it for me. Off to smoke mystery cigar c.
  • Options
    I don't really care for the Sun Grown either.

I am smoking a Don Carlos with about a month of age on it right now. I picked a couple of these up on the reccomendation of a few of you guys on the forum. I have been a little reluctant to smoke it honestly, I haven't really been too crazy about any of the other AF's I've had (other than the Hemmingway Short Story, awesome little smoke there). Its not that they haven't been good, just none of them really wowed me. There always seemed to be something else in the same class and price range I would rather smoke.

Well, that is not the case with the Don Carlos at all. I'm not sure what this size is called, but is roughly a corona in size, about the same ring gauge as an Opus X #4, but a little longer. The burn and draw is literally perfect, and the flavor is exactly what I want in acigar like this. Very leathery with some woody notes, and just enough spice to set it all off. All the flavors at play are perfectly balanced, but not boring at all. And on top of all that, it has a hell of a kick for such a small stick. All in all, this is one of the best cigars I have had in recent memory, and the most exciting discovery since the first Vigilante I had. Thank you to everyone who reccomended it.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Went to the humi at lunch meaning to pick something with coffee notes but got distracted and chose a La Aurora 1495. Still a nice choice though. Still thinking about having something else this evening, at the moment I feel too tired to lift my arms....