Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    phobicsquirrel:
    burchams:
    gmill880:
    Anybody tried or even have one of the La Flor Dominicana Ligero Solomans yet ...man that is a sexy looking cigar ...but at 23.00 bucks I'd like to hear a review first...
    Funny you should bring it up. I saw (not smoked) one yesterday at the B&M while looking for the Double Ligeros. Limbaugh is pictured in the Time Most Influential mag with one of the LFDs in his mouth. He likes the chisels but my guy didn't have any of those.
    well with 400 million dollar salary I'm sure he can afford them...

I had a tat. miami for lunch. Not a bad cigar..
    Yeah, he's probably the guy that bought up all of the Litto Gomez'!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Had a Gurkha Rare Breed a few momwnts ago. Eh, not a fan. The draw was waaaay loose and it burned hot and bitter. Windless day, nice burn and perfectly humidified. Oh well.
    I have a presidente sitting, I'm going to burn it soon.
  • Options
    burchams:
    phobicsquirrel:
    burchams:
    gmill880:
    Anybody tried or even have one of the La Flor Dominicana Ligero Solomans yet ...man that is a sexy looking cigar ...but at 23.00 bucks I'd like to hear a review first...
    Funny you should bring it up. I saw (not smoked) one yesterday at the B&M while looking for the Double Ligeros. Limbaugh is pictured in the Time Most Influential mag with one of the LFDs in his mouth. He likes the chisels but my guy didn't have any of those.

anyone down with a raid?
  • Options
    Tizzle:
    Tonight I'm going with a Don Pepin JJ..... It will be my first time smoking a Don Pepin and I am really looking forward to it.......In all my newness to collecting... my initial researching has led me to reading lots of good things about Don Pepin JJ's and the Don Pepin brand in general.... should be a fun evening and I'm expecting a fine smoke......
    I thought the JJ was alright but the Cuban Classic is an excellent cigar. So, if the JJ doesn't do it for you try the other. I had the RP Connecticut tonight and I have determined that I am a cheap date. I loved the buttery, cocoa flavors. It also had a touch of what I'll call VSG spice. Very tasty and excellent burn.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    burchams:
    phobicsquirrel:
    burchams:
    gmill880:

anyone down with a raid?
    Against the Limbaugh compound? I don't have enough firepower! Besides, he'd just talk me out of it and have me believing Obama has 'em!
  • Options
    TizzleTizzle Posts: 13

Thanks for the heads up!! I really appreciate the advice.... and luckily enough I have a Cuban Classic in my Don Pepin "Dream Team" sampler that I just got in the mail.... I will smoke the Cuban Classic tomorrow night and let you know how I think they compare!! The Dream Team sampler is small (only 5 sticks) but I have a lot more on the way..... In the Dream Team I also have a Miami 5, and two 601 Reserva Limitada's to go with the Cuban Classic and the JJ.....should be fun sampling as I have not smoked any of these....
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Just burned my first 5 Vegas Relic! Yee Haw, another homerun from 5 vegas! Awesome stick!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Just burned my first 5 Vegas Relic! Yee Haw, another homerun from 5 vegas! Awesome stick!
    I got my box in yesterday and couldn't wait. Suprisingly, it smoked awesome right out of the box. I think I like the Cask Strength just a little more, but other than those, the Relics are my favorite 5 Vegas.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had an Oliva Connecticut Reserve torpedo this afternoon, awesome smoke. Just finished a RP Renaissance that I got from Jet, another awesome one, possibly my favorite RP cigar.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Smoked a Flor de Cano and HDM Dark Sumatra on the golf course. Didnt expect much w the Flor de Cano but it was surprisely good. Finished off the night w a Perdomo Vidrio. Great smoke as usual.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    alienmisprint:
    I got my box in yesterday and couldn't wait. Suprisingly, it smoked awesome right out of the box.
    They'll get better! (and no need to clip the foot before lighting...)
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    alienmisprint:
    I got my box in yesterday and couldn't wait. Suprisingly, it smoked awesome right out of the box.
    They'll get better! (and no need to clip the foot before lighting...)
    I figured they would, I can't wait to try one in a month or two.

Just had a Cusano P1, it was a pleasant suprise. I really didn't expect much out of it, I haven't been too crazy about the other Cusanos I've had. I'd definately say this one is my favorite so far. I am really excited to try the MC, M1, and CC (got all 4 in a sampler)now.
  • Options
    hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Posts: 123
    I finished out my night with a Camacho Triple Maduro. Very satisfying.

CK
  • Options
    Finished my first Joya de Nicaragua Antano. Truly awesome smoke, spicy, creamy nutty and a cedary finish. Strong though! Glad i had a big dinner! I am SO going to the B&M in the morning to buy some!
  • Options
    Just finished a Rocky Patel Rosado. Damn good smoke, but it was strong. It is only listed as a medium body, but damned if it didn't hit me pretty hard. I'm actually feeling a little woozy/nauseous here, first time this has happened since I first started smoking cigars.
  • Options
    Hmm, I've only ever gotten medium, maybe medium-full from the RP Rosado. I really like that cigar, nice and smooth with a perfect burn...might have to crack one out this afternoon.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Alright, so I need a little help here; I have a whole bunch of cigars on my top shelf, my 'smoke now' list, if you will, and I'm trying to pick which to have tonight; a little help, please!
    -Nub Connecticut
    -Partagas Black
    -CAO Black
    -Camacho Pre-Embargo
    -La Bonita Maduro
    -La Aurora Barrel Aged
    -Hemingway Short Story
    -5 Vegas Relic

• Options
    relic and or the part. black.
  • Options
    I'm down to 17 sticks that I haven't had yet, well now 21. The choices are hard sometimes.. padron 70th anniversary is always begging for a light...
  • Options
    PS, lets see a list!
  • Options
    I could write one, need to go home first...
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Alright, so I need a little help here; I have a whole bunch of cigars on my top shelf, my 'smoke now' list, if you will, and I'm trying to pick which to have tonight; a little help, please!
    -Nub Connecticut
    -Partagas Black
    -CAO Black
    -Camacho Pre-Embargo
    -La Bonita Maduro
    -La Aurora Barrel Aged
    -Hemingway Short Story
    -5 Vegas Relic

The 5 Vegas Relic and La Aurora Barrel Aged are two of my favorites.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Had a Cohiba Red Dot last night over poker. Oh man that is a good stick, very nice cream flavor, a little bit of wood in the background. Really really liked that cigar.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    So, I did something I've never done before, and smoked four cigars yesterday. Overkill. I doubt that will happen again, much less anytime soon. I started the day off with an Oliva Serie O after lunch. Pretty good, but not as good as the G or V in my opinion. A few hours later, me and my buddy hit up the lounge and I bought two each of the Nub Habano, Connecticut, and Cameroon. We sat down and I smoked the Connecticut, and about 45 minutes after I finished I dove into a Cameroon. I really liked the Connecticut, and the Cameroon wasn't bad either. I'm more than impressed with Nub at this point. I capped the day off with a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 that my buddy gave me at the bar. I couldn't really tell you much about it, because by that time, the Jack and Coke had taken it's toll on me. So, needless to say, my palette needs a rest.
  • Options
    TizzleTizzle Posts: 13
    4 sticks would have me out of commission for a couple of days for sure!!!! The Jack has a way of talking you into lighting up one too many doesn't it???Big Smile [:D]  ...... Tonight It will be the Don Pepin JJ..... I pulled a 180 yesterday and went with the DP Cuban Classic after hearing its praises on this board and certainly was not disapointed. Very powerful and full flavored with an excellent full draw.... burned nice and slow and I really enjoyed some spicey notes... being a rookie smoker I was initially overpowered but it settled down a bit and was a really enjoyable smoke.... I was out on my patio and as soon as I lit up a gorgeous Desert King Snake came out to see what I was up too!! luckily they are harmless but really neat to look at..... an unexpected visitor(snake) Stevie Ray Vaughn's greatest hits playing and an excellent cigar that I had never smoked before made for a very realaxing night..... thanks again for the advice on the DP Cuban Classic...... tonight I'll be going with the DP JJ to see how it compares..... happy smoking everyone!!!! Have a great night!!!!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Tat havana VI...my first. It was pretty good, but not quite as great as I'd been expecting. The construction was off a little, with a few cracks and whatnot, so it didn't smoke super great. But the flavor was still coming through, and it was decent.
  • Options
    Not a bad day. Started with an Oliveros with my morning coffee, very nice, my first one. Then couldnt decide what to have to i lit a RP 90, always a good smoke. Tonight....i dunno, thinking Carlos Torano Virtuoso or Camacho Triple Maduro.
  • Options
    Jet, go with the Camacho. Thats one of my top five sticks right there. I personally went with squirrely's idea and smoked the Partagas Black. Great construction, razor-sharp burn even in the wind, nice, sweet taste. Good amount of smoke, though it tried to die on me half way through. A lot more mild then I thought it'd be, though.
  • Options
    Had a Fuente Hemingway Classic this afternoon, awesome cigar right there. Had a Gurkha Centurian with my coffee this evening, it was really good until it hit the 2/3 mark, then it kinda just fizzled out into nothingness. I got something I don't think I've ever gotten from a cigar, on one puff of the Centurian the taste of caramel came through clear as a bell, just one puff though, then it faded back into the muddled complexity of flavors that I have a hard time picking apart. It is an interesting cigar to say the least.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Not a bad day. Started with an Oliveros with my morning coffee, very nice, my first one. Then couldnt decide what to have to i lit a RP 90, always a good smoke. Tonight....i dunno, thinking Carlos Torano Virtuoso or Camacho Triple Maduro.
    Haven't had the Triple Maduro, but the virtuoso is really good. I need to get some more of those.

Had a Rocky Patel American Market this morning, very good smoke. I followed that up with a RP Honduran this afternoon, another great stick. I really dig these small-production RP's so far. Still have the Conuco, Cruz Real, and Nicarao to try.