• Options
    Doughty421Doughty421 Posts: 39
    Just outside Charleston in Belle.
  • Options
    goodolboygoodolboy Posts: 4
    My family is from WV - I guess thats where I get it
  • Options
    Seems like wherever I go I run into someone with ties to WV. It's a pretty good place to live. Been here all my life.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Doughty, goodolboy, welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy your stay.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Goodolboy.. welcome. Nice to have you here.
  • Options
    BeagronomisBeagronomis Posts: 22

Hello all! The names Ryan, i am 22 years old and working on a career in Law Enforcement. I live in Oregon, and im new to this fantastic hobby of smoking cigars. Im just starting to get my feet wet and look forward to meeting you all and being a part of the community!

• Options
    Beagronomis:

Hello all! The names Ryan, i am 22 years old and working on a career in Law Enforcement. I live in Oregon, and im new to this fantastic hobby of smoking cigars. Im just starting to get my feet wet and look forward to meeting you all and being a part of the community!

Well let me be the first to welcome you, officer Beagronomis...
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Welcome to the forum, Ryan!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome Ryan ...enjoy the forum
  • Options
    MojoRisinMojoRisin Posts: 6

Hi! My name is James and I’m new to this great hobby. I never really thought of cigar smoking as a hobby until I found this site. Cigars have always interested me, but for whatever reason, I always felt you had to be older than I was to seriously smoke a cigar. Now I’m 38, so I’m giving it a try. I recently purchased the Cigar.com 10th Anniversary Humidor Sampler, the Don Pepin Garcia Dream Team Sampler, and the A. Fernandez Sampler. This, of course, means I don’t have room in my humidor for all of the sticks I ordered. I’m using a Tupperware container as a temporary humidor from the information I’ve read here.

My wife is very supportive of my new found hobby. My kids are a different story. I have two boys (14 & 17) and a daughter (13). The oldest has no problem with my smoking cigars, but the two younger kids have been taught in school that smoking either cigars or cigarettes, or drinking alcohol, is the same thing as using drugs! You can imagine what I go through when I have a cigar and a glass of port! Anyone else have this problem?

Anyhoo, I’m glad I found this site and look forward to participating in many conversations and learning from the “pros”.

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    In starting this hobby, you've found a fantastic resource here. I know for me, currently still a noob by many standards here, these guys have been the best teachers you could ask for. From Alex himself, to Rob, Kuz, Squirrely, Joe, Bryan... all of these guys have been unbelievable mentors and fantastic at trading bombs and some choice sticks with me to help me enhance my learning experience.

• Options
    Welcome to the Family!
  • Options
    BeagronomisBeagronomis Posts: 22
    Welcome James! Please sit and stay awhile!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    BearGroomer and Mr. Morrison, good to have you. Seems like lots of fngs around here...nice to see.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Luko:
    BearGroomer and Mr. Morrison, good to have you. Seems like lots of fngs around here...nice to see.
    And, in honor of Mr. Duty, PTFTW.
  • Options
    I just discovered cigar.com a month or six weeks ago. For years I have smoked only Arturo Fuente Chateau and Double Chateau Connecticut. With your Daily Deals, you're pulling me out of my rut and I'm discovering the wonderful complexities of fuller bodied cigars. My 4 humidors may run out of room soon. It's a beautiful day here today in south central Ohio right on the Ohio river. I think I'm going to head out soon for some fly fishing for sunfish on Turkey Creek Lake. I may even spend an hour or so turning a Joya de Nic. Antano into incense.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Welcome aboard. We're not too far away. I get down to portsmouth ever so often for work. Nice to have another Ohioan on the forum!
  • Options
    MojoRisinMojoRisin Posts: 6

Luko:

Thanks for the warm greetings! It's a pleasure to be here.

• Options
    You'll have to let me know the next time you get down this way. Bill
  • Options
    Welcome new guys Prodigal, mojorisin' ( nice handle mojo) and all other new members.. Visit often.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Good Evening All. My name is Dave, I liike Cigars ****all chime in, hello Dave!*** j/k Have shopped on the site on and off for awhile, but just joined the forums awhile ago. I am amazed at the pleasant people on this board as well as the lack of pretentiousness you find on MANY other cigar boards around the web----its very welcoming and great to be a member here. As for my cigars, I have been smoking since I was 18 (or before if the law isnt listening) I have many likes, a few dislikes, and a couple I would never touch again. I still love trying new cigars and actually still do that as much as I smoke my favorites----so many blends and brands, so little time. Am always willing to trade with anyone or help with hard to find items I may be able to get my hands on. I know I am new, and do not expect a ton of trust at this point----but I do have a few shops near my home which carry some hard to find sticks such as Opus, Anejo, Padron 80th, ect. at pretty darn reasonable prices compared to many stores and sites and are in stock ALOT more frequently than any other stores I have been to---so hopefully I may be a help to someone there. Just to be clear...I am not trying to make money, nor am I trying to run a business....I am fine with trading for sticks like this as there is plenty I cannot get my hands on----just want to throw it out there as a helpful hint and maybe something to help out another member. I love sports, like playing poker (and usually losing), am a married man with a 2 year old, and a baby on the way as well as two older step kids that I consider my own. I work for the State of Florida as an Investigator....and have probably bored all of you to death. Anyway...wanted to introduce and say Hi to everyone and hope to chat and be a part of the community here for a long time.
  • Options
    Hey Vulchor.. Nice to have you around..Welcome.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard buddy ...enjoy your stay
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks alot guys------glad to be here.
  • Options
    nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    hey guys,
    i've been on ccom buying sticks for the last couple of years, but i've never posted till the last couple weeks.  I figured i'd come say hey, since I figure i'll be here for awhile.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Welcome brother!
  • Options
    welcome aboard
  • Options
    bnccna2bnccna2 Posts: 44
    Hey - have been reading on here for a while, finally decided to join. I've only been smoking less than 6 months, but I'll try anything I can get my hands on. I've found a lot of good advice on this site. Thanks for all the help you've given so far.
  • Options
    welcome to the site hope you enjoy it