Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    seagarloverseagarlover Posts: 437
    5 Vegas Cask II JHEWEY, Yes this is one hell of a smoke, I agree. And happy to hear that U enjoy anysmoke U want at anytime, I always think now would if I was in a car wreck and my last CGAR was a AJ Fernandez "FRESH ROLLED" and I was going to grab the GURKHA BEAST or the OLIVA SERIES V, I would be pissed, so like U I enjoy what I want to what ever the time of day, I'm lucky I'm retired so I should always have time to smoke a PREMI, I think. anyway have a good night to all
  • Options
    5 Vegas Cask II I'm working on my CGAR art, I'm working on a GORDO I'm adding eyes, ears arms from my son action fig and I'm looking for a pair of glasses and a hat, can't wait to post
  • Options
    5 Vegas Cask II imagePhotobucket My next smoke this evening Photobucket
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    my last Room 101 Namakubi Tiburon
  • Options
    bigjohn125bigjohn125 Posts: 476
    Undercrown.
  • Options
    Jesus...what's with the life size Cask Strength LOL... Tonight, I will enjoy a fine smoke and a spot of rum. Not sure what to grab...might be a blind grab night from one of my ISOM humi's.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Julius Cesaer toro with some Dominican rum I got. Diggin this smoke
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Burning diesel shorty and a PREMIUM La VERITE 09 robusto
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    This JC is legit if you like mild-med DC's dude. I'm really diggin the profile, I hope it picks up steam
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    This JC is legit if you like mild-med DC's dude. I'm really diggin the profile, I hope it picks up steam
    It does.. I enjoy them too. Especially for a medium body. Fairly complex.. it wasnt something id run out and buy a box of but I do keep a couple stocked.
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    It does.. I enjoy them too. Especially for a medium body. Fairly complex.. it wasnt something id run out and buy a box of but I do keep a couple stocked.
    They are a bit overpriced IMO, but excellent. If I got them around 10 I'd be down
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    They are a bit overpriced IMO, but excellent. If I got them around 10 I'd be down
    Funny- I was about to edit my post to that same thing.
  • Options
    Rubbish... A good cigar is a good cigar, even if you must pay a little more for it, it is well worth not having the stink breath of a horrid POS made in Nicaragua by some infidel. Julius Cesaer is a fine cigar, as are Padron and Mr. Garcia from the aforementioned province.
  • Options
    Answer this then pete... if a DPG My Father LB1922 and a padron 1926 were the same price which would you buy? And if a mf lb 1922 was 40 USD a stick would you not have a problem buying those over say a 1926?
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    Answer this then pete... if a DPG My Father LB1922 and a padron 1926 were the same price which would you buy? And if a mf lb 1922 was 40 USD a stick would you not have a problem buying those over say a 1926?
    I do not like smoking pepper after dinner; hence, I would not buy the Le Bijou. I like many of Mr. Garcia's offerings, but not that one. When we talk about $40 a cigar, we are getting into world class territory. A Padron 80th is worth every bit of $30 to me, and I would gladly share one with you my friend.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PadronPete:
    Rubbish... A good cigar is a good cigar, even if you must pay a little more for it, it is well worth not having the stink breath of a horrid POS made in Nicaragua by some infidel. Julius Cesaer is a fine cigar, as are Padron and Mr. Garcia from the aforementioned province.
    How closed minded do you have to be to believe that drivvle?
    Rubbish... A good cigar is a good cigar, even if you must pay a little less for it.

If one person likes a certain cigar, saying it is a horrid POS is insulting to them.
    And that is a classless act.

As I stated in a previous post, Mark Twain preference was the most horrid of cigars made, would you consider yourself better than a man like that? I realize it's a poor characterization, but the point of it is that even the most renown cigar enthusiasts find their likes and some many not be the super fine cigars.
    To be so arrogant that you push your beliefs on other people is kind of insulting.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    PadronPete:
    Rubbish... A good cigar is a good cigar, even if you must pay a little less for it.

If one person likes a certain cigar, saying it is a horrid POS is insulting to them.

As I stated in a previous post, Mark Twain preference was the most horrid of cigars made, would you consider yourself better than a man like that? I realize it's a poor characterization, but the point of it is that even the most renown cigar enthusiasts find their likes and some many not be the super fine cigars.
    To be so arrogant that you push your beliefs on other people is kind of insulting.
    I do not wish to push my beliefs on you gentlemen. You and I both know there are plenty of horrid cigars out there these days, specifically from that region that are overpowering and horrid. I did not say any one specific cigar was a POS; rather, that the Julius Cesaer is a fine cigar, as is Mr. Garcia and Mr. Padron whom employ fine Nicaraguan tobacco. I do not mind paying a little more for a cigar of that caliber, as opposed to wasting my money on something inferior. Call it what you will, but I like smoking cigars that I like. The Julius is a fine cigar with age that pairs quite nicely with a good ale.
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:

I do not wish to push my beliefs on you gentlemen. You and I both know there are plenty of horrid cigars out there these days, specifically from that region that are overpowering and horrid. I did not say any one specific cigar was a POS; rather, that the Julius Cesaer is a fine cigar, as is Mr. Garcia and Mr. Padron whom employ fine Nicaraguan tobacco. I do not mind paying a little more for a cigar of that caliber, as opposed to wasting my money on something inferior. Call it what you will, but I like smoking cigars that I like. The Julius is a fine cigar with age that pairs quite nicely with a good ale.
    Ok lets get it out in the open... what is the most recent "inferior" cigar youve smoked from that region? I only want to know so when I do get your addy I`ll send you a box.. and I will get your address. I got friends who work for TMZ my friend. If they can find Tom Cruise on some island in the indian ocean they can find your fat head... hell I think I can see it from my back porch in Des moines, Wa
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:

Ok lets get it out in the open... what is the most recent "inferior" cigar youve smoked from that region? I only want to know so when I do get your addy I`ll send you a box.. and I will get your address. I got friends who work for TMZ my friend. If they can find Tom Cruise on some island in the indian ocean they can find your fat head... hell I think I can see it from my back porch in Des moines, Wa
    Please do not, I do not have room for such fodder in any of my humidors. Hmmm....there are plenty really, but it has been a bit since I have. I would have no problem telling you next time I do, but normally I stay away from cigars in that region that are not from Mr. Garica or Mr. Padron.
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:

Please do not, I do not have room for such fodder in any of my humidors. Hmmm....there are plenty really, but it has been a bit since I have. I would have no problem telling you next time I do, but normally I stay away from cigars in that region that are not from Mr. Garica or Mr. Padron.
    Hrrrmm.. first word that comes to your head. Tatuaje? Quick hurry
  • Options
    I very much enjoy Tatuaje cigars, and believe the Mexico was his finest cigar to date in maduro wrappers.
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    I very much enjoy Tatuaje cigars, and believe the Mexico was his finest cigar to date in maduro wrappers.
    I said first WORD pete.. you don`t follow direction well do ya?
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    Well that word would be ***, as I love boobs and being a man, I think about boobs. I do like those cigars though
  • Options
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    Well that word would be ***, as I love boobs and being a man, I think about boobs. I do like those cigars though
    How much of that glendrodach 33 did you drink tonight pete?
  • Options
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    bigfnsteve:
    PadronPete:
    How much of that glendrodach 33 did you drink tonight pete?
    Not enough LOL... Enough to offend Mr. 0Patientence though unfortunately, but he seems like the type of person I would get along with, although we might argue from time to time.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't argue.
    I speak my peace and move on.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    I don't argue.
    I speak my peace and move on.
    I like you Mr. Patientce, the world needs more people like you. The youth of today cannot fathom people whom speak their mind. Cheers and good night my friend, I will make it a point to watch my electronic tone and verbiage going forward.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a zino classic robusto tubo at a nearby-ish lounge. it was quite good. I should explore more zino. check
  • Options
    jliu:
    i had a zino classic robusto tubo at a nearby-ish lounge. it was quite good. I should explore more zino. check
    Ah yes, Mr. Kelner. That is a good smoke Mr. Jiliu.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    PadronPete:
    0patience:
    PadronPete:

See this is why smoking is so subjective and that there really is no bad cigar because someone outhere will love it. NOW PP you say Nicaraguan cigars are overpowering and Julius Ceasar cigars are great for any price. Now my opinion would be that no cigar is overpowering the stronger the better. I myself like cigars from different price ranges and one that I really have enjoy lately is a JDN DC and you can buy one for 5 to 8 bucks. I have to warn you though this cigar is pretty potent def not for the guy who drinks vodka and cranberry at a bar even if it is greygoose.