Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished up a Defiance Toro, damn I'm glad I got a box of these.
    yes....

but do you have the hat?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I have the Defiance hat, I also have a Camacho triple maddy tshirt and a CAO Habano hat. :-P
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished up a Defiance Toro, damn I'm glad I got a box of these.
    yes....

but do you have the hat?
    No, but I did sign up on the website. maybe I just missed out on the free hats, I dunno. I do have a regular Xikar hat though, got it as a freebie with the 007 Punch.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I think Kuzi and I got our hats on the same day or just a day apart, but I had been signed up for almost 2 months before I got mine. I also have an Oliva Serie V hat I won at an Oliva event! Good stuff!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Had a couple good ones today. Started the afternoon off right with a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet churchill segundo...I'm still trying damn hard to figure out what makes these a second, I think I'll have gone through the whole bundle and not be any closer to finding my answer. Later was a Padilla Miami churchill...good golly miss molly, wowzers and all other exclamations this is a damn find example of what a cigar should be. Awesome flavor profile, great burn and draw....if this one isn't in my top 5, then I ought to just give up cigars all together.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Just finished a La Herencia I got from Brandon (bbc020) in a PIF package. I'd never tried one of these before and I must say I was quite impressed. Perfect construction, great taste and perfect draw. This is one that should say "don't let the smooth taste fool you" though, as it's fuller bodied that its taste implies, but very enjoyable. Looked em up on the site as I've never bought one, and was surprised at the low everyday price, too. Definitely one I'll add to the rotation. Thanks Brandon!
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Got home late, sat outside in the dark under my maple tree and enjoyed the nice evening with a MOW Ruination. Nice.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Today, I got started on a bit of an ambitious cigar blog project with a few friends that aims to provide panel reviews on cigars. We started out with a Padilla Habano, which I really did enjoy; the construction issues really plagued it though; in my cigar, the cap was far too loose, my friend's cracked and canoed, and only my other friend had a perfect stick. Still, great flavors, and fantastic changes in the profile.
  • Options
    yesterday i had an Oliva Serie G maduro churchill. this was a good size for that. plus i had time to kill early in the day.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    a Drew Estate hat :)
  • Options
    ive actually been looking for either an OpusX hat, Davidoff hat, or an AVO hat. ...Camacho wouldnt be bad either.
  • Options
    Davidoff would never make a ballcap.
  • Options
    i know. but that does not mean i dont want one.
  • Options
    Good point sir. Have you started your Davidoff quest yet?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    had myself a Gurkha Holy Grail last night. It was better tasting than the first one I had. However, this cigar felt way to moist and soft. It felt really mushy. I was surprised that it tasted OK. I have had it in a zip lock bag with a humi pillow. Nothing for me today and probably nothing tomorrow and maybe even Friday. Gonna smoke on my way to Baltimore on Saturday and the way back on Sunday. Planning a whole Gurkha weekend. Planning a Shaggy Torpedo, Beauty, Beast and Grand Reserve. I'm sure I'll bring something else just in case.
  • Options
    Went out and had an Indepencia Torpedo earlier. I really dig this cigar, I even like it better than most of La Aurora's name-sake brands.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I just had a RP Sun Grown. It was a little full for my palate, but as soon as I develop a liking for fuller bodied smokes Ill probably end up buying more of these. the burn and draw were near perfect, and it produced LOTS of thick smoke. Now Im still not too good with flavors but Im gonna say that it was spicy due to the EcSu wrapper and I think that it was cedar-y with some sweetness with a long finish. There was minimal flavor change throughout.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Had a Illusione HL that Maddy sent in a bomb. Very nice stick. It amazed me how different this was from other Illusione sizes I've had. I was thinking that the blend would be similar just in different size, but the flavor profile was very different. Could be a different blend, but still had the mark of the original Illusione line, just lighter flavor. Definitely more floral, but sweeter as well. The sweeter note may just be that the other stronger flavors weren't over powering it in this size. Great smoke, glad I picked up a couple more of these when I was in Chesapeake this past weekend.
  • Options
    Had a Perdomo Reserve Golf torpedo this afternoon, a good smoke, though hardly Perdomo's finest offering, not bad for unwinding after the day though. To finish things off, a Padilla Signature 1932 churchill....now that's what I'm talkin' about right there, awesome cigar...there is not one thing I can say negative about this cigar except that it was too short, would have preferred it go on forever, HA!
  • Options
    thizzcorethizzcore Posts: 48
    enjoyed a 5 vegas gold tonight, it seemed a little much for me at the beginning but it started having a very nice almost creamy, nutty taste (dont make fun of the creamy nutty reference lol) and then it finished with a peppery taste in my nose. i enjoyed it quite a bit a cigar i will try again.
  • Options
    Well, I had my first Opus X tonight, a Robusto that our good friend Vinnie hit me with right when I got back from the sand box. I have had it for about three months, but he had a year of age on it when he sent it. I am totally floored by the deliciousity factor of this cigar. It definately does live up to all the hype, worth every penny. I am super excited that I have a box of the Perfection 4 and 5's to age. Thanks again Vinnie, to say it is appreciated is a gross understatement.
  • Options
    the No.4 is probably the best size for this stick. a close second is the lancero.
  • Options
    Had a DPG Blue while watching the final of the College World Series with a customer. Gotta love that smoke.
  • Options
    tseehorntseehorn Posts: 14
    Tonight I am having a Cuesta-Rey Vintage Centenario No. 5. Never had one before but someone gave it to me and it is the only stick I have left. Here's hoping my box from Ccom comes in tomorrow! Have a good smoke everyone
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I didn't smoke yesterday but I gave my friend a 5 Vegas Relic on Tuesday night which he smoked yesterday. His comments were "The V Vegas wasn't very good. Not strong, more like harsh. Also the draw sucked. Otherwise, it was an awesome smoke!!"

So, needless to say he didn't like it. My impression was the same as his when I had one a couple of months ago.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I haven't gotten to get on here much and post this week because I've been taking some classes for work and have been across on the other side of the DFW area all week, so I hope you have all enjoyed the break! haha I have had a few chances to smoke this week however!

All the smokes I've had this week have been really good and haven't had any burn issues! (knock on wood) But so far I've had a Fuente Don Carlos, RP Olde World Maduro, Graycliff 1666, Oliva Serie O perfecto, RP Vintage 99, and a La Aurora Maduro. Probably going to smoke again tonight, just not sure what yet... Choices choices... I am thinking about my Nub Maduro... Mmmm...
  • Options
    naughtnaught Posts: 56
    Goin with a Nub that pops gave me last night.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Just finished a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet curchill. Outstanding smoke as always. The whole smoke never needed a touch-up. It was funny the last inch or so I got.... call me crazy...Mesquite!!!! It was so great! Although I didnt have near enough in my stomach though, and couple that with the fact that i havent slept in 30 hrs and i paid the price! Suffice to say I have even less in there!!! Oh well lessons learned...
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    smbrink:
    Just finished a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet curchill. Outstanding smoke as always. The whole smoke never needed a touch-up. It was funny the last inch or so I got.... call me crazy...Mesquite!!!! It was so great! Although I didnt have near enough in my stomach though, and couple that with the fact that i havent slept in 30 hrs and i paid the price! Suffice to say I have even less in there!!! Oh well lessons learned...
    a little sugar ont he back of the tongue works wonders for that queezy feeling -- its amazing
  • Options
    adamkhalil:
    smbrink:
    a little sugar ont he back of the tongue works wonders for that queezy feeling -- its amazing
    You know what helps me get over the queasiness from a strong cigar? An even stronger one....I forget all about the first one.