LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Welcomne to all the new peeps!
    Man you are so HOOD!!!

Gang-STA!
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Hey all,

New to cigars and new to the forum. Any tips on how and where to get started?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    TheShaun:
    Hey all, New to cigars and new to the forum. Any tips on how and where to get started?
    Call C.COM, ask for Jeff Jackson...it's that simple, really.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I second that ...and welcome
  • Options
    laker1963:
    TheShaun:
    Hey all, New to cigars and new to the forum. Any tips on how and where to get started?
    Call C.COM, ask for Jeff Jackson...it's that simple, really.
    Call RANDY Jackson if you want to get started in singing
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Hey everyone, another new guy checking in.

I'm Phil from Michigan (north or Detroit) 28 years old, married with dogs. I love cigars and C.COM. My brother-in-law and I have been ordering from Jeff for about two years now (he's the man and always seems to be hooking us up so we keep coming back!).

Some of my favs are the Tatuaje Havana VI (as my nickname here might suggest), Carlos Torano Casa Torano, pretty much anything from 5 Vegas, Padilla, and Padron. Lots more, I suppose. :) 

I've been reading this forum for a long time, I figure I should become a little more of an active member of this very cool community. 
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Nice! Welcome! Hope you stay for long :)
  • Options
    rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Welcome guys!
    I found this forum and it has proven to be a very lucky find to me and now I bet to you too! Folks here are very nice and answer even the most mundane of questions. Once in a while someone will post for you to "search" the forum instead of asking that question (for the millionth time) and while a lot of forums' search boxes do not work well, cigar.coms does work!

So take your time look around and ask questions!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Hey everyone, another newbie stopping in to say hi. I am Evan, 21, I live in NC but am deployed to Afghanistan right now. Started my cigar craze about a year ago the first time I was here with a box of Romeo y Julieta cubans I found at a German store here. I loved them and have been trying to get a taste of just about anything I can get a hand on. So far, my favorite has to be the Padron 1962. But, like I said, I'm a newbie so any advice/tips are very welcome.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Yup so I guess I've been posting for a couple weeks without introducing myself properly... Name's David Hays, some people I know just call me Hays (hence the nick). 20 y/o, 21 in Oct. Live in the general Sacramento area of the great state of California. Been smoking cigars for approximately 1 month, trying at least 2-4 every week. Engaged, unemployed (laid off in Jan, on the job hunt since). Loving cigars, golf, tennis, and cars.

So that's me.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    welcome to the forum noobs! You've got a great bunch of very knowledgable and and funny people here. Oh and watch out for Lasabars pic or video posts. They could blind you and scar you for life.
  • Options
    Welcome to all the new members.
  • Options
    Welcome new guys ...ejenn where you from in NC ...
  • Options

gmill880:

I live in Fayetteville, stationed at Fort Bragg. Are you from NC?

• Options
    ejenne87:

gmill880:

I live in Fayetteville, stationed at Fort Bragg. Are you from NC?

Yeah I'm on the edge of Hickory, about 60-65 miles NW of Charlotte
  • Options
    I have only been on here a couple of days now and I am already getting some great advice/ideas from a lot of people. Everyone on here seems to know a great deal about this hobby and I am happy to learn! Thanks to everyone who contributes.
  • Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Bonifacio everyone calls me "Bon" or "Bono". I'm 36 and I am a Master Diagnistc Technician at a large toyota dealer in NJ. I have been smoking cigars off and on for the last 15 years. I recently quit smoking cigarettes and have become more interested in premium cigars. I was a big fan of the Lars Tetens cigars and then they became nearly impossible to find around here. I like alot of the Drew Estates cigars. I also do enjoy tradional cigars. I have had countless macanudos but now I'm trying to expand. I go to the local cigar shop pick up a few sticks then I go online and read about the ones I bought and then see if I can pick up the same flavors as the reviews.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Welcome to all the new guys posting recently...stick around and get familiar.
  • Options
    In the words of CabinetMaker (Resident Gang Member)

Whatap Peeps!!!
  • Options
    Well I am a Newbie, I am also a new to cigars kind of guy. I found this site just googling around, live chatted with Andy, and he has made me feel completely welcome. I have been lurking on the forum and I have to say that this is a place that I hope to learn a lot about cigars. I am also into swimming pools (great place to sit around or in and have a smoke and a drink. Fox Body Mustangs (1987-1992). My other interest is Honda Valkyries. I have ordered and smoked 2 of the mild samplers and then Andy put together the following: 1. RP connecticut- nice mild smooth slightly woody 2.RP Signature- Similar to the #1 but creamier and nuttier 3. 5 vegas serie A- my favorite maduro lots of flavor no bite or harshness strong coffee and chocolate notes. 4. Sol cubano cuban cab.- Med-full the strongest of the selection bare through the first half inch and you get a really complex spicy, woody and leathery smoke. 5.C.com blue label- Smooth and woody great everyday cigar 6.C.com cuban label- similar to #4 but not as much spice but a ton of flavor 7.Nub cameron- dont be fooled but its short length its a slow burner lots of wood and leather not much spice or kick. 8. Camacho 1962- cedar and leather good flavor medium no harshness or spice. 9. Sol Cubano connecticut- smooth crisp tobacco flavor woody has a similer taste to a real cuban 10.Greycliff 1666- rich and smooth marked as full bodied but I'd say medium at best nice chocolate and coffee notes. 11. 5 vegas gold- smoth just a hare of pepper other was woody and nutty 12.oliva O maduro- Carmel type notes with some chocolate and coffee 13.reposado- big smoke but very smooth and has a great flavor. Its a good road trip cigar. 14.Verdadero- One of the few cigars that has all organic tobacco just different but nice mild smoke. 15. Padilla Miami- one of my fav smokes strong and flavorful but rich.
  • Options
    tony c:
    Well I am a Newbie, I am also a new to cigars kind of guy. I found this site just googling around, live chatted with Andy, and he has made me feel completely welcome. I have been lurking on the forum and I have to say that this is a place that I hope to learn a lot about cigars. I am also into swimming pools (great place to sit around or in and have a smoke and a drink. Fox Body Mustangs (1987-1992). My other interest is Honda Valkyries. I have ordered and smoked 2 of the mild samplers and then Andy put together the following: 1. RP connecticut- nice mild smooth slightly woody 2.RP Signature- Similar to the #1 but creamier and nuttier 3. 5 vegas serie A- my favorite maduro lots of flavor no bite or harshness strong coffee and chocolate notes. 4. Sol cubano cuban cab.- Med-full the strongest of the selection bare through the first half inch and you get a really complex spicy, woody and leathery smoke. 5.C.com blue label- Smooth and woody great everyday cigar 6.C.com cuban label- similar to #4 but not as much spice but a ton of flavor 7.Nub cameron- dont be fooled but its short length its a slow burner lots of wood and leather not much spice or kick. 8. Camacho 1962- cedar and leather good flavor medium no harshness or spice. 9. Sol Cubano connecticut- smooth crisp tobacco flavor woody has a similer taste to a real cuban 10.Greycliff 1666- rich and smooth marked as full bodied but I'd say medium at best nice chocolate and coffee notes. 11. 5 vegas gold- smoth just a hare of pepper other was woody and nutty 12.oliva O maduro- Carmel type notes with some chocolate and coffee 13.reposado- big smoke but very smooth and has a great flavor. Its a good road trip cigar. 14.Verdadero- One of the few cigars that has all organic tobacco just different but nice mild smoke. 15. Padilla Miami- one of my fav smokes strong and flavorful but rich.
    Welcome Tony C!!!

And it looks like you are well on your way, nice pick ups on the flavors and spices... Stick around and listen to what everyone else likes and you'll find more and more "Favs"

P.s. BADAZZ Profile Pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    welcome aboard Tony C ...nice collection of smokes. Seems you enjoy the coffey flavors have you tried a Drew Estates Java or Tabak Especial, two of my favs. Looks like your a Sopranos fan ...damn I miss that show . Hang around and don't be bashful ...input from new guys is always welcome . Gene
  • Options
    Well, greetings all, my name is Jeremy, but all my troops call me The Sir, hence the nick name.  I have been smoking cigars on and off for about 7 years now.  I fell in love with them while I was stationed in Germany and used to smoke a good ole cuban every weekend just about.  Right now I am in Kuwait/Iraq smoking up a storm on the road.  It helps to calm the nerves after a long day of people trying to blow you up.  My favs are Gurkha, Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, and Macanudo Maduro Torpedo.  This site has a lot of info and I have learned a lot already.  Looking forward to reading and chatin with you folks in the future.
  • Options
    Welcome to all the new members. Jump in anytime.
  • Options
    The_Sir:
    Well, greetings all, my name is Jeremy, but all my troops call me The Sir, hence the nick name.  I have been smoking cigars on and off for about 7 years now.  I fell in love with them while I was stationed in Germany and used to smoke a good ole cuban every weekend just about.  Right now I am in Kuwait/Iraq smoking up a storm on the road.  It helps to calm the nerves after a long day of people trying to blow you up.  My favs are Gurkha, Rocky Patel Vintage 1990, and Macanudo Maduro Torpedo.  This site has a lot of info and I have learned a lot already.  Looking forward to reading and chatin with you folks in the future.
    Welcome and thank you for all you do!
  • Options
    welcome aboard new guys
  • Options
    Hello there!

I'm Marko, 37, live in the Belgrade-Serbia.
    I'm quite newbie to cigars.
    Like half year ago (my brother gave me 1st cigar at my wedding)  i become quite addicted :)) Not so big surprise i guess?

Here in our area(east Europe) choice is not so big,but lucky for me and other aficionados we have La Casa Del Habano with decent choice.
    However im quite exited to try something other than "usual" cigar like Cohiba,Monte,Partagas,R&J and other premium Cubans.

Cya

• Options
    welcome plastiq
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard to all! If you read a few threads, you'll find that there is no such thing as a fluff post here....

^^Fluff post^^