THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new members
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Nooobs
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    twistedstem:
    Car Ramrod:
    Hello all! New here. Just started smoking cigars a few years ago with my husband's influence. I am a smart ass and beer enthusiast as well. Hope to chat with some nice people.
    Welcome aboard .and I love that movie!!
    You must REALLY! love the movie! 4 times!!?!?
    love the movie the 4 times is because i cant work the touch screen on my tablet with my big ogre hands..
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    So im a newb, I started my own thread introducing myself and missed this one. Every is awesome so far, very welcoming and nice. Wanting to send cards and whatnot lol. Anyway heres my intro for anyone who missed it, im glad to be here. Heres the link to my thread while im at it I might as well tie the 2 together... http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/719961.aspx " Hey checking things out here so figured I'd say hello to the masses. My name is Josh and I live out in the sticks of Kentucky (only 30 minutes from Louisville). I'm 33, married and I work for General Electric making refrigerators. Factory life sucks from time to time hence the reason I kick bsck and relax with a good cigar and a cold beer. First cigar I ever picked up was a Casa Magna Connecticut for my Honeymoon back in 2011 and it was love at first puff. Shortly after I purchased a 20 count humidor... then a 40 count... then a 75 count... then a 100 count... you see the trend here right? Sadly its still far from full lol I love visiting my local lounge, local B&Ms and other cigar events. But at the beginning of my cigar journey I had a tough time finding a cigar forum to share reviews and whatnot. So I started a group on Facebook for Kentucky locals called Kentucky Cigar Enthusiasts. Ive met a bunch of good friends, made some great acquaintances and had some great cigars throughout my journey. There are many cigars I still yet to sample due to income and availability in my area but im always venturing out and trying new smokes. Love browsing my Cigar.com magazine and window shopping picking out my next smoke id like to try. Like I said due to availability in my area and income I don't get try them as fast as id like. I like Liga Undercrown, Aging Room, Camacho, Nomad, Pancea, 601, Ep Carrilo, 90 Miles, Ava Maria, Penar Del Rio, Gurkha, Leccia, Perdomo and many more. I have yet to try any Diamond Crowns, OpusX, Liga Privada, Padron, Ashton and My Father... mainly because they are pricey. I'm just now venturing into boutique cigars so there are a bunch I've yet to get to. I hope to meet some new BOTL and try some new smokes along the way."
  • Options
    Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    H all smoking cigars for about 10 years from around the world. From Asia to Europe and south and central America . I am a retired Navy Cook served on USS Midway and remember ships that CO stateroom areas had " Cigar Socials. Now a director for Local school district.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Retircs1:
    H all smoking cigars for about 10 years from around the world. From Asia to Europe and south and central America . I am a retired Navy Cook served on USS Midway and remember ships that CO stateroom areas had " Cigar Socials. Now a director for Local school district.
    Welcome to thunderdome
  • Options
    Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    Tomorrow my order will be here Yes !
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Retircs1:
    Tomorrow my order will be here Yes !
    You have a PM!
    Up there, top right where it says "inbox"
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Hello to all new folks!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Hello, My name is John, I live and work in Parma Ohio. I'm a Gastrologist at Parma Community Hospital. Most people run for cover or cover their back side when I say that. Anyway nice to have joined the group, my partner got me hooked on cigars and I want to know everything I can about them.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome John!

You've definitely come to the right spot. In the Cigar 101 section you'll find lots of useful information. If you ever have questions feel free to ask. Some very experienced folks here who can give you great advice on everything from good smokes to taking care of your collection. As with all of us here expect your collection to grow exponentially if you hang around long enough. Welcome again good to have you.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome man....couldn't have joined a better community!
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new folks
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome John, kick back and enjoy!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    elfi23:
    Hello, My name is John, I live and work in Parma Ohio. I'm a Gastrologist at Parma Community Hospital. Most people run for cover or cover their back side when I say that. Anyway nice to have joined the group, my partner got me hooked on cigars and I want to know everything I can about them.
    John, welcome. I was in your neck of the woods about a year and a half ago for a job interview. It was actually in Parma. Didn't get to stop at the rock museum, but did meet an artist who made one of the giant guitars. Hoped to swing by Canton, too, but didn't get to do that. Drove by the Christmas Story house. Walked part of that great park/trail system, too. Nicer area than people give it credit for. Too bad the job offer was awful.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump... Welcome to all the people I've missed!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    elfi23:
    Welcome to the forums.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Rain:
    PM me your addy. I'm going to bomb you for not using the newbie welcoming thread! :) and is it wrong to say congratulations that you can walk again?
    OK after starting up here all wrong.......(sorry Rain O-o) I jumped right in and didn't look far enough to see this posting :/

First off, Welcome John !!

Name is Steve, Live in Sparks (basically Reno) Nevada, have been enjoying cigars for right at 3.5 years now though have been only smoking 3-4 different ones from a local B&M that only stocks there own make-so ya total cigar newb really. I am a retired "forced due to injury" painting contractor (specialty coatings-lacquers, epoxy's, urethane's) commercial /industrial products mostly and a lot of residential custom home wood finishing work. Now am a current IT student, got the A+ & Net+ cert so far, working on my CCNA now and Security after that, then a few Microsoft certs, then-(praying) to get back into the workforce (A 4 year vacation is "NOT" as good as it sounds) {{god bless a patient wife lol}}

I have to say after searching the web and "other" forums, you all here are Hands Down the best around. Thanks to you all for the help and friendly welcome (even though I started all wrong -looks around sheepishly)
  • Options
    Hello to all the new folks!!!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Another bump...
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    elfi23:
    Hello Glickoramma, how ya doin today lil buddy? So did you move to Ohio after you got out of the pen or what bro? And I gotta know how did you transfer that "walk-in" humi you had bro?
  • Options
    elfi23:
    Hello, My name is John, I live and work in Parma Ohio. I'm a Gastrologist at Parma Community Hospital. Most people run for cover or cover their back side when I say that. Anyway nice to have joined the group, my partner got me hooked on cigars and I jwant to know everything I can about them.
    Seagar...send a pic of your hospital
  • Options
    Hello to all, Didn't see this forum prior to posting to some other boards so I'm new but have made a couple connects. To those I've spoken to already thank you for all your support, tips and advice. My name is Julian and as you can see from my signature am a coach by hobby. I currently coach my 3 year old's tball team and coach older teams as well. I've been coaching for 5+ years and enjoy every minute of it. I coach Baseball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Fastpitch Softball and individually train athletes when requested to. During normal work days/hours I'm a recruiter/headhunter. My goal/passion is to trade in suit and tie for jogging suit and coach's whistle. Recently discovered a hobby in cigars that I've been looking for for quite some time. I'm excited to see what I can discover and learn. I have to say that after a game whether we win or lose I enjoy sitting in the backyard and running through what needs to be done differently during the game. I look forward to being a part of this board and the BOTL.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Julian!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, enjoy the ride
  • Options
    All good Julian. Just dropped your package in the mailbox. Welcome!
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    welcome J...i too love to coach. I'm coaching 3 different basketball teams this year.
  • Options
    That's awesome. Good luck to you this season.
  • Options
    Hey brother you shouldn't have but I appreciate it.
  • Options
    JMartinez10:
    Hey brother you shouldn't have but I appreciate it.
    The thing here is that if one person has it, they can all get it. Lol
    One God, One Truth