Comments

• Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Had a three-fer today. I started with an Ambos Mundos white label robusto ( I can't remember if the white is the Sumatra or habano, I want to say Sumatra) and it was good, better than I remember the others I've had actually, maybe this one had more time on it (thanks Brandon). Later was a Gurkha Fuerte from nickgonzo that he tells me was from the first batch in '07, and it was a good one, I have not enjoyed a Gurkha that much in some time. Later still was a Tatuaje house blend from PuroFreak, it looks just like a Miami but the blend is different, it was a flavor bomb and I'll have to have more of these sometime down the line.

All of the cigars I smoked today were from trades or bombs, thanks to all the guys responsible for them.
    I'm glad you enjoyed that house blend. I was surprised when it didn't have a special band, but you can tell from the first puff it isn't the regular Miami. They should be getting in another 100 boxes soon so I will be able to get my hands on some more.
    Pretty sure the white is the habano. Glad you enjoyed it.

I have to say I'm intrigued by the house blend Puro has mentioned all this time. I love the tat miamis, and especially in the noella size.
    If some of you guys wanted to do a box split on some of these I'd be happy to be the middle guy. lol Just get how ever many people want in on a split and send me the money. I'll take money and go get a box and ship em out to you guys. If anyone is interested in something like this I'll find out the exact price and let you guys know.
    I'd definately still like to try one of those house blends, is anyone else interested in doing a 2 or 3-way box split?
    Depending on cost, I may be in. Shipping to Canada though. Keep me in the loop by PM.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    romeo y julieta habana reserve and watching my fantasy TE drop touchdown passes. dammit. But the cigar is perfect. Have to go slow because its quite strong in the buzz department, but I wish I had a punch for the ring gauge. I think I could have cut it a little smaller as the draw is loose and probably why I am having trouble smoking it slow. Every romeo y julieta I have ever had has been constructed perfectly. Nothing exotic about them, but they are a realiably good smoke everytime
  • Options
    tonight I had my second ever Viaje(my first was the 50/50), this one was the Oro Edicion LImitada Perfecto. AWESOME. This is a great brand, both were top quality construction with a beatufil burns and lots of exicitin flavorful smoke. Viaje has officially joined my favorite brands club, with the likes of Camacho, DPG, Padilla, and Tatauje.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Enjoying a Tatuaje P right now, very good budget stick.
  • Options
    I just polished off a Perdomo Fresh Cuban Wheel in a torpedo size.....i had it sitting in my humi for the last 2 weeks....starts off alittle harsh and around mid body...turns out very smooth. Great smoke
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    best budget stick Ive had was the La Vieja Habana that you sent me:)
    with the Tats i would rather spend the money to get the top shelf sticks
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    TheShaun:
    alienmisprint:
    PuroFreak:
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Had a three-fer today. I started with an Ambos Mundos white label robusto ( I can't remember if the white is the Sumatra or habano, I want to say Sumatra) and it was good, better than I remember the others I've had actually, maybe this one had more time on it (thanks Brandon). Later was a Gurkha Fuerte from nickgonzo that he tells me was from the first batch in '07, and it was a good one, I have not enjoyed a Gurkha that much in some time. Later still was a Tatuaje house blend from PuroFreak, it looks just like a Miami but the blend is different, it was a flavor bomb and I'll have to have more of these sometime down the line.

All of the cigars I smoked today were from trades or bombs, thanks to all the guys responsible for them.
    I'm glad you enjoyed that house blend. I was surprised when it didn't have a special band, but you can tell from the first puff it isn't the regular Miami. They should be getting in another 100 boxes soon so I will be able to get my hands on some more.
    Pretty sure the white is the habano. Glad you enjoyed it.

I have to say I'm intrigued by the house blend Puro has mentioned all this time. I love the tat miamis, and especially in the noella size.
    If some of you guys wanted to do a box split on some of these I'd be happy to be the middle guy. lol Just get how ever many people want in on a split and send me the money. I'll take money and go get a box and ship em out to you guys. If anyone is interested in something like this I'll find out the exact price and let you guys know.
    I'd definately still like to try one of those house blends, is anyone else interested in doing a 2 or 3-way box split?
    Depending on cost, I may be in. Shipping to Canada though. Keep me in the loop by PM.
    I'm a huge Tatuaje fan (who would've guessed, lol) and I'd definitely be in for splitting a box. PM me with cost and we'll work something out.
  • Options
    I had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet tonight. Awesome. Got a massive cigar buzz from this powerhouse. :)
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I started off with a Padilla habano torpedo, today, the wrapper blew up about 1/2 inch in. Then I lit up a Cain maduro which was pretty good, not as peppery and in-your-face as the habano, but it felt stronger to me in the gut. Later was a La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1, there's a good reason why this is my favorite cigar and it did not disappoint.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I had a Partagas Serie D. No. 4.... Wow... This stick was great...

And anyone who's ever had one before, please PM me.... I'd like to know more about this stick
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Smoked a Padilla Achilles after lunch today . Uummmm good ...slow day at work ....now to pick an afternoon smoke ...toss up between Tabak Especial ...Java Maduro Toro ...or RP Fusion ...hmmmm...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Smoked a Padilla Achilles after lunch today . Uummmm good ...slow day at work ....now to pick an afternoon smoke ...toss up between Tabak Especial ...Java Maduro Toro ...or RP Fusion ...hmmmm...
    I've got an Achilles resting the last few weeks. I think I may give her a try this afternoon/evening. I hope I love them!
  • Options
    Partagas Serie D. No. 4....

WOW! Nubbed it!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Lasabar:

WOW! Nubbed it!
    Is this your second Partagas D No. 4? I had and still have a few of the #2s which I really like. Very similar to the Monti #2.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    gmill880:
    I've got an Achilles resting the last few weeks. I think I may give her a try this afternoon/evening. I hope I love them!

I really enjoyed it Tat hope you do as well ...and the Java Toro Maduro won out for the afternoon smoke still at work ...another hour and a half and its some Miller Lite and another smoke on the deck at home ...found a good deal on some T-Bone steaks may grill out this afternoon !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    TatuajeVI:
    gmill880:

I really enjoyed it Tat hope you do as well ...and the Java Toro Maduro won out for the afternoon smoke still at work ...another hour and a half and its some Miller Lite and another smoke on the deck at home ...found a good deal on some T-Bone steaks may grill out this afternoon !!!
    I'm coming over for dinner!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    TatuajeVI:
    gmill880:

You can go to his place, but he is coming here to cook those T-bones! Right Geno?
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Lasabar:

WOW! Nubbed it!
    Is this your second Partagas D No. 4? I had and still have a few of the #2s which I really like. Very similar to the Monti #2.
    No, this was my first! Luckily I have a box!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    rwheelwright:
    Lasabar:

WOW! Nubbed it!
    No, this was my first! Luckily I have a box!
    A BOX? YOu lucky SoB! :-)
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    a CAO gold maduro that I got from the ccom daily deal a week ago. Great discount maduro. I would pay regular price for these, but at 3 dollars a stick you can't beat it.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    TatuajeVI:
    gmill880:

You can go to his place, but he is coming here to cook those T-bones! Right Geno?

Well since I'm here, the Miller Lite is here, The T-Bones are here and the cigars are here why don't you guys just come over here !!!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    TatuajeVI:
    gmill880:

Well since I'm here, the Miller Lite is here, The T-Bones are here and the cigars are here why don't you guys just come over here !!!
    I'm on my way over Gene. I'll bring the cigars, so can you pick me up at the airport? :)

Today was a Padilla Signature 1932 Limtado Oscuro in the robusto size, good cigar though not really similar to the regular 1932. Later I had a Gurkha Warlord that's been in the humi for about 16 months...damn thing blew up about 1 inch in...basterd. I'm sure I'll sneak in one more, hopefully it won't explode.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    TatuajeVI:
    gmill880:

I'm on my way over Gene. I'll bring the cigars, so can you pick me up at the airport? :)

Today was a Padilla Signature 1932 Limtado Oscuro in the robusto size, good cigar though not really similar to the regular 1932. Later I had a Gurkha Warlord that's been in the humi for about 16 months...damn thing blew up about 1 inch in...basterd. I'm sure I'll sneak in one more, hopefully it won't explode.

Sure Joe, anytime 'bro ...
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Olde World Maduro... I have two words - Dee and Licious...
  • Options
    gmill880:
    TatuajeVI:
    gmill880:

I really enjoyed it Tat hope you do as well
    Holy hell, this was one awesome cigar. I'm in love with most of the Padilla line, and this one did not disappoint. Smoked the Salomon size, perfect burn, amazing flavor and a wonderful cigar buzz. Fabulous.
  • Options
    Shared a Don Pepin Blue label with my gf. It's stronger than I remember! she had to help me finish it hahah
  • Options
    nickgonzo:
    Shared a Don Pepin Blue label with my gf. It's stronger than I remember! she had to help me finish it hahah
    It takes a real man to admit something like that. lol.
  • Options
    LOL! Now that I'm back into cigars I guess I have to gradually work my way up the ranks. I had a Man O War a couple weeks back that turned me a bit green. I had to lay down hahahah
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had a Graycliff 1666 the other night during the Monday night football game. It was nice but I had to make a mad dash out to the stairwell from the balcony because we had a storm hit. It was pretty crazy but only lasted about 15-20 minutes. Thats all I smoked this weekend because I didn't have much time off work and had a lot to get done, but I did pick up a couple good smokes at the B&M! Got a couple of the La Flor Caibnet Oscuros! Got one for me and one for a buddy of mine. He smoked his during the game and said it was great. I can't wait to light mine up now!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    mustluvcigars:
    alienmisprint:
    best budget stick Ive had was the La Vieja Habana that you sent me:)
    with the Tats i would rather spend the money to get the top shelf sticks
    Yeah, those LVH Corojo's are good with a little age on them. And I don't mind paying more for a Tat Miami either, but the P's are a decent substitute for a daily smoke.