Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

A Pass

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
Ok I know the last thing this forum needs is another game but I figured I'd ask about this one and see what people thought. We'll get a group of people to get in on this game. I'll start off by send 5 sticks to someone and they pick 3 sticks out of those 5 and puts 3 new sticks in the package and passes it to the next person on the list. The next person does the same until it ends up back at me. Anyone down for this?

Comments

• dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I'd be interested in this game. Sounds fun.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'd be up for it.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Well its on then, dep posted first do send me your addy. Then you'll send to scrambler, etc. When someone gets stuck holding the package for 2 days and no one new has appeared to be the next in line for the pass is when it should be sent back to me.
    PM sent
    Scrambler send me your addy so I can have it and send out the package with a short turnaround.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is usually called a box pass... here is how ive seen it before: someone with a little (20 ct) humidor loads it up with 15 or so sticks ( this number can be anything really ive seen them as high as 45) and a water pillow and a digital hygromiter and a plastic bag to take up space so the sticks dont rattle around. there is a list of each cigar and the list price at cigar.com (if a cigar is not on Cigar.com then the MSRP on the producer's site is used ) this list is also posted in this forum. you get 7-15 people to get in on it. once the list is set the box goes to the first person. then to the next. you take out 3-5 and put in 3-5. all of about the same value. you post the takes and puts. the person who originally sent out the box gets it last with a bunch of new sticks (his reward for putting it together and giving up 15 smokes at the beginning)

every time the box is sent you have the tracking number posted and you get it insured for whatever the value is on the combined total of cigars and humidor. this is often in the 200-300 range. its a good game to get in on... and the fun can be hightened if the person putting it together makes it a blind pass. only he knows where it is going next and the only way the rest of us find out is when the box gets there. the person sending the box out in this blind game has to PM the guy who started it and ask for the addy. its fun to be a part of and its fun to watch in the forum.

on that note... i cant get in on it because of vacations and a very messed up summer schedual. sucks to be me.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I've seen it done the way Kuzi described. It looks like a fun game but I can't participate right now because of my upcoming move to TX. Maybe I'll start a box pass after I get there if there isn't too much going on here already.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    maybe maddys way is good for now here because of the players vs games ratio. not everyone participates and then many of the players will over extend themselves on the games. i guess it all depends on the number of people involved.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like this small scale box pass idea. You can put me down for it, sounds like fun.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heck, sign me up. I'm not going anywhere.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I've been quiet for a while...i'm in
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    dep691:
    Scrambler send me your addy so I can have it and send out the package with a short turnaround.
    I'm gonna be out of town for 9 days starting Saturday. I don't want the box sitting on my porch in the heat, so I should probably drop down a spot or two.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    I wish I could participate, it sounds like great fun. but fire season is here, and so I am totally unreliable. If we get one of these going in the winter, I'm in ;)
    kuzi16:
    maybe maddys way is good for now here because of the players vs games ratio. not everyone participates and then many of the players will over extend themselves on the games. i guess it all depends on the number of people involved.
    Thats where I got the idea kuzi but I knew it needed to be smaller scale and I wasn't as worried about listing MSRPs etc as we have a good core group here that I think would keep the sticks proportionate, someone isn't going to take out an Opus X and put in a c.com cigar. I HOPE! Not that I think they'll be any Opus X's in here lol.
    Scrambler:
    dep691:
    I'm gonna be out of town for 9 days starting Saturday. I don't want the box sitting on my porch in the heat, so I should probably drop down a spot or two.
    OK Scram is dropped to the bottom of the currently list ... following bass.
    As it sits right now the list is as follows:
    madurofan sends to dep691
    dep691 sends it to me (j0z3r)
    I send it to urby
    urby sends it to bass8844
    bass8844 sends it to Scrambler.

That's the order so far, yes?

So when are we kickin this thing off maddy?
    great update buddy. Sticks will go out monday so that they aren't just sitting in some warehouse over the weekend.
    If this works out pretty well and gets some more participation, I'm going to try and get a box pass going at some point in the future, maybe a month or two out. My little 20 ct. ccom humi is practically begging me to send it all over the country. Not to put the cart before the horse though, let's see how this plays first.
  • btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    I like this idea. I'm in. I am out of pocket from July 18-27 so keep me at the bottom. By the time it gets to scrambler it should be well after I return. If not, just move me down as needed.
    j0z3r:
    If this works out pretty well and gets some more participation, I'm going to try and get a box pass going at some point in the future, maybe a month or two out. My little 20 ct. ccom humi is practically begging me to send it all over the country. Not to put the cart before the horse though, let's see how this plays first.
    I like it jozer, I didn't know if we'd get enough participation for me to do that but it looks like we could.
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    I like it jozer, I didn't know if we'd get enough participation for me to do that but it looks like we could.
    Once I get settled in TX I will definitely be up for this too. About 3 to 4 more weeks and I should be good to go.
    Yea Yea Ron I've heard this story from you before. "Just a few more day". LMAO
    Yeah, yeah, I know. It was worth it in the end wasn't it? I hope it was. BTW, have you tried any of them yet?
    LOL I'm just teasin you. It was very well worth it, you're a great BOTL. I haven't I was letting them rest, I might break one out tommorrow. I'm currently doing a little inventory on the humis.
    The package went out yesterday. Dep if you have a water pillow please throw it in the bag. I am out right now so I didn't toss one in there.
    can do

As it sits right now the list is as follows:
    madurofan sends to dep691
    dep691 sends it to me (j0z3r)
    I send it to urby
    urby sends it to bass8844
    bass8844 sends it to Scrambler

j0z3r pm me your address

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Bass, you might as well go ahead and send me your addy. Joe, you've still got mine from our cross-bombing, right?
    With any luck if no one else joins in I might pick it up in person from Scrambler.
    Please try to put in comparable sticks, no c.com's for Greycliffs or anything. Second you are more than welcome to drop in an extra stick with a note for a specific person. i.e. if you dep wanted to bomb scrambler with a God of Fire he would just stick it in the bag with a note saying this is an extra for scrambler and not part of the pass. Hitchhikers :D