Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    bobd:

Hi,

My name is Bob, I have been enjoying good cigars for about 5 months.  Before that we thought that we were cool in college if we lit up a Dutchmaster, good thing I wised up.  I am from upstate NY and I will most likely have lots of questions.

YO....
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the other new guys.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    bobd:

Hi,

My name is Bob, I have been enjoying good cigars for about 5 months.  Before that we thought that we were cool in college if we lit up a Dutchmaster, good thing I wised up.  I am from upstate NY and I will most likely have lots of questions.

Welcome Bob! Where in upstate NY are you from? I was born and raised just north of Norwich / south of Hamilton.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome to all the new guys
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    welcome gents...ask away. i'm 1,300 posts in and still ask stupid questions and suck useful knowledge from the forums everyday. I figure when I hit 3,000, maybe i'll have a little knowledge to impart.
  • Options
    Luko:
    welcome gents...ask away. i'm 1,300 posts in and still ask stupid questions and suck useful knowledge from the forums everyday. I figure when I hit 3,000, maybe i'll have a little knowledge to impart.

I don't know Luko hitting 3000 has opened up more questions for me and I'm still amazed how my smoke choices have evolved over the last year ( due in large part to the games and bombs and passes here) . Tastes have changed a lot. It is interesting how much knowledge we soak up off the forum though ...the couple guys I smoke with at work are very one dimensional on what they think and smoke. Now one of my buddies did turn me on to the Gurkha Ancient Reserve which I think is excellent !
  • Options
    Hi there, My name is Kristen and I've been enjoying cigars for about 2 years now. I usually only have a chance to smoke on the weekends so my experience is still somewhat limited. I hope you don't mind a girl joining the boys club here! My favorite cigars I have tried so far are CAO Brazilia Go!, 5 Vegas "A" Box Press, and Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4. Looking forward to learning more and trying some great new sticks!

Kris
  • Options
    kris79usa:
    Hi there, My name is Kristen and I've been enjoying cigars for about 2 years now. I usually only have a chance to smoke on the weekends so my experience is still somewhat limited. I hope you don't mind a girl joining the boys club here! My favorite cigars I have tried so far are CAO Brazilia Go!, 5 Vegas "A" Box Press, and Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4. Looking forward to learning more and trying some great new sticks! Kris
    Hey Kristen, welcome....
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    kris79usa:
    Hi there, My name is Kristen and I've been enjoying cigars for about 2 years now. I usually only have a chance to smoke on the weekends so my experience is still somewhat limited. I hope you don't mind a girl joining the boys club here! My favorite cigars I have tried so far are CAO Brazilia Go!, 5 Vegas "A" Box Press, and Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4. Looking forward to learning more and trying some great new sticks! Kris
    Welcome to the boards, Kristen. It's always refreshing to see girls in the hobby, I think cigars really should be enjoyed by everyone. You should give the Nica Libre a try, if you like the Brazilia Go!.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard Kristen
  • Options
    kris79usa:
    Welcome! Glad to have you here. Doesn't matter who you are we all share the love of cigars.
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everybody. My name is Tom, and I've been smoking cigars for about 2 years now. I look forward to the posts here. I have a lot to learn. Last night my cigar of choice was an RP fusion. Oh yeah...I live in Denver.
  • Options
    welcome Tom ...
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Poker Slob:
    Hi everybody. My name is Tom, and I've been smoking cigars for about 2 years now. I look forward to the posts here. I have a lot to learn. Last night my cigar of choice was an RP fusion. Oh yeah...I live in Denver.
    Welcome to the forums! Stick around and get your hands dirty, this is a fun bunch we have.
  • Options
    TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    Welcome Kristen and Tom.
  • Options
    Welcome Tom too.
  • Options
    Poker Slob:

YO sup?
  • Options
    So, I have been ordering cigars like crazy lately and I have no room at all but I have like 100 more on the way. I am offering a few free sticks to the first two newbies that send me a PM. Help me make some room!!
  • Options
    betasynn:
    kris79usa:
    Welcome to the boards, Kristen. It's always refreshing to see girls in the hobby, I think cigars really should be enjoyed by everyone. You should give the Nica Libre a try, if you like the Brazilia Go!.
    Welcome Kristen! Also, since you liked the CAO Gol! you might also want to try the Ccom house blends Brazilia Label. I love this cigar and my pavorite size is the petit corona. just a thought...
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Chiming in with my welcome to Tom and Kristen as well. This forum is an awesome place to ask questions, learn more and more, and make great friends. As a newbie myself, I'm on the forums every day (though I bet a lot of the veterans do the same...it's just addictive! lol).

So welcome aboard, and I know we all look forward to getting to know you both.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    Chiming in with my welcome to Tom and Kristen as well. This forum is an awesome place to ask questions, learn more and more, and make great friends. As a newbie myself, I'm on the forums every day (though I bet a lot of the veterans do the same...it's just addictive! lol).

So welcome aboard, and I know we all look forward to getting to know you both.
    My laptop is always beside me and the forums are always open in a window or tab. Addicted to say the least.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kris79usa:
    Welcome Kristen, There is no problem with you joining us! Just don't look at the "Ladies of the Leaf" thread..... :P
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    Denver.... the windy city... GORGEOUS!!!

Welcome my friend!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    kris79usa:
    Welcome Kristen, There is no problem with you joining us! Just don't look at the "Ladies of the Leaf" thread..... :P
    LMAO.... I think i'm safe on that though - I only put up pictures of my lady. All you dirty dogs had to go ahead and 'dirty' it up... ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Kristen and Tom.. Nice to have you both with us.
  • Options
    No newbies want free cigars?
  • Options
    OldsguyOldsguy Posts: 11
    ejenne87:
    ...Also, since you liked the CAO Gol! you might also want to try the Ccom house blends Brazilia Label. I love this cigar and my pavorite size is the petit corona. just a thought...

X2 on that one!

My name is Dan.  I recently received my box of Brazilian Labels and smoked one last night.  What a delight!  I too like the CAO Brazilia and prefer maduros, especially those from Esteli.

I could be considered a neophyte since I have only been smoking for a decade and only seriously for the past four years or so.  I have to add that I really enjoy the catalog cigars.com provides with the orders it almost borders on being a magazine with it's articles and ratings pages.  Good work guys, it is really impressive.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome to all the new members. Grab a chair an join in the fun.

• Options
    ejenne87:
    Can't believe nobody jumped on this! when I first joined, another BOTL posted the same thing and I took him up on it. ejenne87, that's very generous offer. I hope some newbie doesn't miss out.
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    I don't know if I am newbie enough since I have been posting like crazy with all my free time. Don't look at my post count check out the join date :)

I jumped right in and made some trades and hit the good guy list already. Should have slowed down a bit.