Home Non Cigar Related

What are you reading?

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Never heard of him, but sounds cool.
    One God, One Truth
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm reading an early Thomas Perry, Metzger's Dog. published 1983.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Very good so far. I think there are 3 in the series.
    One God, One Truth
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently reading CODE ZERO by Johnathan Mayberry .sequel to patient zero.kinda walking dead like with more the military side of things all secret agent kinda stuff.so kinda like hell boy meets James bond meets walking dead.pretty decent read so far!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

Just finished Midas by Russell Andrews and half way through Pursuit of Honor by Vince Flynn.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Very good so far. I think there are 3 in the series.
    You are correct there and thats in the top 5 for best series
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
    rereading one of my old favorites CHRISTINE . Wish the movie had been as good as the book. stephen kings christine photo: Christine(1958 Plymouth Fury) Christine1958PlymouthFury_zpsf6a6f34f.jpg

• SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭

imagephoto df3bb8bc-887e-4840-a92f-b9215a41b75f_zpsds9lpxbx.jpg">

some books for my classes. also just finished some Aristotle not too long ago. happiness advantage was pretty good. dharma bums is... different. you may ask yourself is really just a textbook for sociology, but its kinda interesting. and im just now getting into finding flow. its a pretty easy read, and pretty interesting so far
    wanted to bump this thread, So ill do so and just throw this out there!!image

wanted to bump this thread, So ill do so and just throw this out there!!

those are badass! I love the royalty one
    im going to be getting into statistics and chemistry over the summer.. both have very large and probably boring text books, so I wont post them
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Among the incredibly boring history and nonfiction titles I'm reading, I've been reading "The Martian" and "Highrise" (both movie adaptations coming out this year) and "Stained with the Mud of Khe Sahn" by our very own Rodger Jacobs (FirstWarrior). I'm using Vance's bookmark while reading the latter because it just makes sense.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Slowly picking my way through Atlas Shrugged, but haven´t been too good about reading lately. I think I need to find a way to buy more English books in print - I´m mostly relegated to my Kindle here, but my tablet doesn´t call my attention in quite the same way as a book sitting by does.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    a big as$ statistics textbook and a big as$ chemistry textbook...
    Right now I'm working my way through a seven book series by W.E.B. Griffin.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Just finished Gene Wolfe's 'The Knight' on Sunday, and nearly done with L. E. Modesitt Jr's 'The One Eyed Man'.
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SM0K3Y said:
    I read that when I lived in Vegas. Good book but is a bit outdated.
    edited June 2015
    Hemingway's 'The Snows of Kilimanjaro'
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Night Shift by Stephen King
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
    Twelve Days by Alex Berenson. This is Alex's latest book. We have a three county library set up that will allow me to order any book in the system. 
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rodger's ( @First_Warrior) book! I cried twice during boot camp, so I should do well through the rest ;) So far very good, it's so intriguing and personal, very brave person to share it with the wold in my opinion! Thank you!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
    The Matheny Manifesto

It is an insightful look into the man's methods and thought process. Worth a read
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bought this after watching the series a couple months back. Im about to finally open it.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good book.  I am a big Stephen Hunter fan.  Away from his normal Swagger plots but very interesting
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a big reader but need to try and start reading more.  The only books I have really read are the Dan Brown books (The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, Inferno, The Lost symbol, Deception Point, Digital Fortress).  

I need some suggestions on something to pick up that might be a similar style that can help me start reading more.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White