Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to all our new members. this is a great place, hope you stick around & enjoy!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this thread up for the new guys :) Introduce yourselves please.
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to all the new faces!
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all newcomers been behind a bit.....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new folks!!!
  • Options
    Hi, I'm David Zalman. I have resided in Uvalde, Texas for 15 years now. I have been exploring the wonderful world of cigars for 4 years now. I know that this exploration will continue for the rest of my life. I was informed about this forum from my good friend "Stubble". It was brought up in conversation after I relayed information about the 4th annual Lone Star Cigar Bash in San Antonio sponsored by Fincks. I have gone every year and had a blast. I'm also a CIGAR.COM monthly member. My goal is to learn and comment with y'all in this forum on a regular basis. Thanks in advance for your knowledge and comments.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the fourm David. Hope you stick around and have a great time.
  • Options
    benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Welcome David, this is a great place and lots of great people. Hope your stick around.
  • Options
    Thanks. It take me a little bit to get comfortable with posting. I don't have much experience with forums, but I will give it my best.
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    Hey man welcome to the forum its an awesome place with some awesome people(completely insane!) of you have any questions man feel free to ask and I hope to share a stick with ya one day! Also make sure you sign up for the news letter man any friend of stubble is a friend of mine! If you need any help with the newsletter I'd love to help a fellow Texan out its full of some great info. :) welcome my friend!
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Hey, another fellow Texan! Welcome David. And don't worry, we won't hold your friendship to Steve against you. :) What date is the Lone Star Cigar Bash? That's not too far from me in Austin.
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    David Zalman:
    Thanks. It take me a little bit to get comfortable with posting. I don't have much experience with forums, but I will give it my best.
    also make sure to give this thread a read it helped me out a ton! https://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/1/437201/ShowThread.aspx#437201
  • Options
    It's scheduled for June 6th at the Pedrotti's Ranch which is on the west side of San Antonio outside the 1604 loop. Tickets will be available soon on the Finck's Cigar website. They are $125 a piece which comes with 25 premium cigars a few more goodies. Food is provided, some free drinks, and a lot of vendors with more cigars for sale at a discounted price. All proceeds go towards the Fisher House Foundation. Their website provides the details. Hope you come.
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey David, good to see you on here!! I've pestered the folks at Finck's as to when the tickets will be available. They keep on telling me in a couple more weeks...hopefully soon. Looking forward to it!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought we already met our Texas quota??? Lol, welcome to the forum! Stick around a while, the place grows on ya over time.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    My name is Bob and I live north of Indianapolis. I started smoking cigars on my 18th birthday with my grandpappy and it has become a beautiful obsession since. Look forward to sharing ideas and making friends with fellow enthusiasts.
  • Options
    Welcome, Bob. Its nice to have you here and hopefully you sticm around and join the crazyness.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    Welcome, Bob. Its nice to have you here and hopefully you sticm around and join the crazyness.
    I sure plan to. You seem like a fun group of fellas
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Bob! Haha. And I'm just screen name Bob anyway. Welcome to weirdville :)
  • Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Hi Bob. Welcome!
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Bob, I just got started not to long ago myself. Great bunch of people, I am sure you will like it.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    My name is Dane, I'm in Western WA state. Got into Cigars a bit last year with a few Rocky Patels, have had 11 of those (all but 1 was the 15th anniversary) and none of them have unraveled on me. Had a few Swisher sweets, but those aren't the same kind of joy. Got the 5 Vegas Tradicion Humidor/Cigar combo pack for my 26th Bday this year, down to 1 Cigar left and have enjoyed every one of them. Looking forward to my time here and hopefully a long life filled with good smokes. ;)
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Dane! You've found a great place for cigar lovers of all kinds
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    Hope you enjoy your stay here.
  • Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Probably gonna get around quite a bit, smoke both Cigars and Pipe and these forums have a place for both. ;)
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Crisius:
    My name is Dane, I'm in Western WA state. Got into Cigars a bit last year with a few Rocky Patels, have had 11 of those (all but 1 was the 15th anniversary) and none of them have unraveled on me. Had a few Swisher sweets, but those aren't the same kind of joy. Got the 5 Vegas Tradicion Humidor/Cigar combo pack for my 26th Bday this year, down to 1 Cigar left and have enjoyed every one of them. Looking forward to my time here and hopefully a long life filled with good smokes. ;)
    Now we have two Danes???? Crazy world.
    One God, One Truth