Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forums!
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome from a fellow noob!

love this place. Lots of friendly folks here. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newbie noob here.   From the St Louis MO area was turned onto this site and the wonderful world of cigars by what my wife refers to as "The #1 ****". You may know him on here as matkn293. Just ordered a humi yesterday and am ready to start another addicting habit. Not sure if I will spend more money buying sticks, guns or scotch. 
    Love to hunt the elusive whitetail deer, watch combat sports,smoke sticks and drink scotch. 19 year fiddich is pretty darn tasty. 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Devildog1 said:
    Newbie noob here.   From the St Louis MO area was turned onto this site and the wonderful world of cigars by what my wife refers to as "The #1 ****". You may know him on here as matkn293. Just ordered a humi yesterday and am ready to start another addicting habit. Not sure if I will spend more money buying sticks, guns or scotch. 
    Love to hunt the elusive whitetail deer, watch combat sports,smoke sticks and drink scotch. 19 year fiddich is pretty darn tasty. 
    She is really going to hate/love me now!  I have suckered you in!!!  At least you don't shoot the balls of a deer. Welcome and beware of the wolves. Other than that you are on your own. Bwahahahaha!!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome Devildog!! build a shelter, bombs drop at random
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Welcome! Expensive hobbies galore....  We all seem to have them in here. 
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
     Welcome Skydiver, Devildog, and any others I have not yet properly greeted.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devildog1 said:
    Finally got a humidor. Since you don't let me pay for drinks, I'll have to help you fill it. Welcome to the forum 
  • brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    My name is brodskales, just call me Brod. I like toothpaste on my hot dogs and writing dope ****. I used to make art, but then my personality became a masterpiece. Now days I just kick back, relax, and do my thang. Smoking is alright, I like Grape Swisher and a few cigars. I bass boost Kanye and Dr Dre everyday. I play EU4 and OOTP Baseball 16 all day, Not big on women too ugly to be gay, that's my life I hope it stays that way. Got no job, got no GF, got no friends, got no problems. I don't drink, I don't get addicted to cigarettes, I'm only addicted to this dope life. 
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro just won the Internet. Welcome to the fourms.
    Aww... Is someone trying for troll of the week?
    Cracker I'm going for the whole decade.
    Now your just trying to hard and it doesn't feel organic, and I prefer white bread.
    Don't strain yourself over there pal.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Well, at least you tried.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all newbies, hope you stay awhile!
    Normally those are my feelings exactly, but for this dude I will make an exception.
    Thanks for the sweet bookmark welcoming me to da forums.  @twistedstem
    I'll make it a point to try every stick that I can identify the label of. Much appreciated!!
    Darrin
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    skydiverD said:
    Thanks for the sweet bookmark welcoming me to da forums.  @twistedstem ;
    I'll make it a point to try every stick that I can identify the label of. Much appreciated!!
    Darrin

Glad you got it brother!! Well the kristoff is always a good smoke .Toranos are good too,!! Just glad you likethe bookmark
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Smitty96Smitty96 Posts: 5
    Got my first humi at a thrift store 3 days ago. Its awesome.
    Smitty 
    Congrats, welcome to the forums. Now fill that thing up
    -- Winston Churchill

Already got a bundle on the way
    Smitty 
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take your time in getting that new humi properly seasoned. I am sure it has almost no moisture in the wood left especially after sitting in a thrift store. Patience is. Virtue when seasoning. 

welcome me to the madness. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

I checked it out pretty good before I bought it. Its seasoned pretty well all things considered.matkn293 said:
    Take your time in getting that new humi properly seasoned. I am sure it has almost no moisture in the wood left especially after sitting in a thrift store. Patience is. Virtue when seasoning. 

Smitty 
    Smitty96 said:
    I checked it out pretty good before I bought it. Its seasoned pretty well all things considered.matkn293 said:

-- Winston Churchill

• RSIIIRSIII Posts: 8
    Hey guys! I just recently turned eighteen and celebrated with a couple cigars over Independence day. Browsing through this website for some good buys, I found the forum and figured I'd introduce myself and try to pick up some good advice. I'm sure it'll be a pleasure to get to know y'all! 

-Ray
    Welcome to the forum Ray. There is ton of great information spread throughout the forum and I hope you stick around.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the fourm Ray.