Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Smitty96Smitty96 Posts: 5
    RSIII said:
    Hey guys! I just recently turned eighteen and celebrated with a couple cigars over Independence day. Browsing through this website for some good buys, I found the forum and figured I'd introduce myself and try to pick up some good advice. I'm sure it'll be a pleasure to get to know y'all! 

-Ray
    welcome! I'm new to the forum as well. Great info. Great quality cigars..
    Smitty 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome fellas! 

lots of good info, conversations, and people here!
    fire up a stogie, kick back relax, and enjoy.
    glad to have y'all on board!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• RSIIIRSIII Posts: 8
    Thanks everyone! The warm welcomes are much appreciated!
  • sinatramansinatraman Posts: 4
    just found this forum. It pays to look at all the buttons on a web site  been a cigar smoker for a while. got into cigars when I was a cop  Our DUI task force guys would pass out swisher sweets in the parking lot after processing the dui . thought to my self if im going to smoke might as well be something better. Here in Vero Beach florida  we are blessed with different cigar stores each with different vibes. nothing better than sitting around with fellow cigar nuts, watching sports, smoking cigars and talking about women. My favorites is anything by drew estates, Opus x, diamond crown, anything by aj fernadez and ep carillo  Pretty much I like most cigars. if I do not like one, I will try it again to make sure it was not me or just had a dud.  Now I am looking for an everyday smoke in a bundle that I can afford to give to others and has to taste good. any sugestions?
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome from a fellow cop. The Arturo Fuente Hemingway is a very affordable and delicious smoke
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• sinatramansinatraman Posts: 4
    thanks, you be carefull out there. The world is getting crazy and the media  is not on our side. which dept do  you work for?
    Fly me to the moon
    Let me play among the stars
    Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars
    In other words,
    Hold my hand.
    In other words,
    Baby, kiss me......
    love a few Sinatra songs
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• kemper74kemper74 Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Hi all.  I'm Joe from Louisiana.  I'm new to the forum but have made cigar smoking a "lifestyle" and not just a "hobby".  I'm 41 and have been smoking stogies (quality hand rolled, no machine rolled) for about 5 years.  I love the experience of smoking each cigar that I'm lucky enough to light.  I look forward to chatting with everyone and learning more about the lifestyle! 
    welcome Joe from Louisiana, just remember....
    -- Winston Churchill

Thanks for the welcome Usaf06.  I should have said this in my original "Hello"..........I've lived down here for a little more then 2 years.  I'm originally from Indiana.  So, I'm a Notre Dame fan.  Nice try at the rivalry jab though.   B)
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Joe, Sinatraman, Ray, and any others I might have missed.
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Joe.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome everyone.
    Thanks for the warm welcome ya'all!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    B) Welcome all new comers, hope time here is enjoyable
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • GuitarCentaurGuitarCentaur Posts: 21
    Hey all, my name is Brad, I am 27 years old. I'm an Oregonian, but have been living in Indiana for the past 6 years (LOVE the Midwest). Got into cigars about a year ago. Im a huge fan of the undercrown and t52, but am still in the process of finding my taste. One thing I do know I love: back deck, cigar, root beer, Gibson les paul. Perfect day off.
    Welcome to the forum Brad.
    Nice to have you on the fourm Brad. There's another Brad on the fourm, if you get along with other Brads you should start a club. 
    Welcome Brad!

• Ssirota8Ssirota8 Posts: 11
    What's up?  My names Steve. I'm from VA.  I'm new to the forum and smoking cigars.  Look forward to interacting with you all!
    Welcome Steve. This is a great site with a ton of knowledgeable people and a lot of good information. Hope you stick around awhile.
    Welcome to the forums steve. Hang around and enjoy the fun!
    -- Winston Churchill

• TheWacoKidTheWacoKid Posts: 16
    Another new guy here... Really like the site and what I've read on the forums so far. Seems like a lot of great people.  Fairly new to cigar smoking though I've loved the aroma my whole life. Now if I could just learn to taste all of the flavors described in the sticks, I'd be set.
    Welcome to the forum WacoKid. There is a lot of cool info here, and I would check out some of Kuzi's post for developing your pallet and some pretty nice reviews.
    Welcome Waco. It certainly takes a while to develop your palate, but it's worth it.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if I could just learn to taste all of the flavors described in the sticks, I'd be set.
    May I suggest keeping a cigar journal? Think of the stick in sections, thirds if you will. 1st/2nd/3rd, and describe flavors as they come to you. You got this.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • TheWacoKidTheWacoKid Posts: 16
    Thanks yall! And that's a good idea Jay, thanks.
  • OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good evening all -

My name is Mike and I am happy to join the group. I rediscovered cigars after a 15 year hiatus, when a club I belong to designed our our cigar from concept to label and box... I was hooked again. Cigars combine and include many of my favorite things in life - time with family/friends, the ability to share information as well as learning something new each day, and lets face it I am a collector at heart. I buy far more than I smoke and have filled multiple humidors. 

We live outside of Philadelphia and love the outdoors, fishing, hiking, shooting, BBQ, great bourbon or single malts. I look forward to learning and sharing with many of you in the future.  
    Welcome mike
    -- Winston Churchill

Welcome to the forum Mike. How did your blend come out?