Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• BroncoKingsBroncoKings Posts: 34
    edited September 2015
    Usaf06 said:
    Welcome, there is a bunch on here from NoCal.
    Thank you, I'm looking forward to chatting with other enthusiast, and hearing about great cigars to try 
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BroncoKings , @transplant
    Welcome to the forums.
    Smoke, chat and be merry.... I'm gonna drink too  :D
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    @BroncoKings , @transplant
    Welcome to the forums.
    Smoke, chat and be merry.... I'm gonna drink too  :D
    Thanks.

I'm headed to the golf course in 10 minutes.  A Cuban Label, Patel Signature and Cusano M1 will accompany me.

And yes, there will be beers!
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome everyone.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome new guys!
  • Carduus1Carduus1 Posts: 1
    Hi.  I used to be on a board with a group called American Backwoods or something like that which was through Cigar.com.  We had a pay it forward thread where we would post, "Who wants to be my Am Back Mooch" and then we would trade cigars.  I really enjoyed that group but sadly, I don't remember the names.  I do remember there was a fire chief who was appointed as a mod later on.  There was a thread called the "Sunday Morning Smoke" were one guy would go on and on and he was a chef or a foodie of some sorts.  Does anyone know what I am talking about? 
    nope
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the 'pay it forward' part look in the TP&B (trades, passes, and bombs) category. I don't recall anything about American Backwoods but the pay it forward thing is still around. 

As as for the Sunday morning thing, a BOTL named Vince is the guy who used to ramble on and on with no paragraph breaks but he's long since disappeared from these boards. Numerous attempts to learn what happened to him have failed to date. Sorry.....  B)
  • diamondrmpdiamondrmp Posts: 3
    Hey all, new to the forum and a reformed cigar smoker.  I stopped back in 1980 and started back again December 2014.  

Cigars legally available in the US have come a looooong way!  I lived in Europe (military) pre 1980 and smoked Cubans and loved them.  My favorite then was Cohiba's.

Started back and I have found so many great cigars out there but you know what?  I still love the legal Cohiba's.  If you haven't tried it the Comador is really good!
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy!  Just thought I'd check in as I am completely new to the cigar game.  I have been browsing this forum for a while now, but haven't posted.  I hope to get to know everyone on this site as it seems like you are all a great and easy going bunch. Cheers!
    Electric mayhem... Where are you at around STL?

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

He has one post over a month ago, and hasn't been on since. I don't think you are going to get a reply.
    He has one post over a month ago, and hasn't been on since. I don't think you are going to get a reply.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello All. I believe I participated in this forum two years ago. However, I returned to school and have now started a new career! I look forward to diving back in and enjoying good discussions as well as have some fun!
    Welcome
    -- Winston Churchill

Welcome MikeTodd...again
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • yoandy10yoandy10 Posts: 4
    Hey guys, Andy here. I'm new to the forum and would like to say I look forward to connecting with the community.

I joined because I am hoping to find some non-Cubans to smoke.  Currently, I only smoke Habanos because I don't like the grassy and woody taste of the non-Cubans I've had. I am a fan of the cocoa, coffee, chocolate tasting cigars. The taste needs to be complex. I've been smoking for about 12 years now, and I guess I have developed a taste for more complex flavor profiles.

Anyway, I'm hoping to connect with you all and learn more about the stogies out there that meet my needs.
    The brands I would recommend to try would be Warped and La Palina. Tatuaje also. I personally enjoy Senorial and Larranja also. All of those are pretty easy to find. Good luck, stick around, and have some fun.
    -- Winston Churchill

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Andy and Mike.
  • OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yoandy10 said:
    Hey guys, Andy here. I'm new to the forum and would like to say I look forward to connecting with the community.

I joined because I am hoping to find some non-Cubans to smoke.  Currently, I only smoke Habanos because I don't like the grassy and woody taste of the non-Cubans I've had. I am a fan of the cocoa, coffee, chocolate tasting cigars. The taste needs to be complex. I've been smoking for about 12 years now, and I guess I have developed a taste for more complex flavor profiles.

Anyway, I'm hoping to connect with you all and learn more about the stogies out there that meet my needs.
    Welcome Andy. Something tells me if you are looking for a trading partner you will have no problem. 
    Welcome to the forum Andy and Mike.
    Thanks
    Oneisnone said:
    yoandy10 said:

Welcome Andy. Something tells me if you are looking for a trading partner you will have no problem. 
    Thank you. I look forward to it.
  • RayTango84RayTango84 Posts: 13
    Hello everyone, I'm Ray.  I smoke cigars a few times a year, usually at a wedding or family get together, hoping to learn a lot more though.  I don't have a favorite or anything, I just smoke what everyone else is smoking.  I've also been collecting cigar boxes and humidors for several years.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ray, Welcome to the show, pull up a chair and enjoy ;)
    Welcome Ray Andy and Mike there are plenty of folks to trade with open up a pm
  • Greetings one and all,  New to the group.  Started smoking cigars again.  Lots of great information here.  Having fun trying out different  cigars.  Yes I live in Walla Walla WA. We have great wine and sweet onions. B)
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ron, and welcome to the forums!

My mom was born in Walla Walla. Can you steer me to some wine brands from local vintners?

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Welcome to the forums Ron
    -- Winston Churchill

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's been oh so long since i had an excuse for a free fluff post........
    let me see if i remember how to do this right.......

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all new members. This is the thread for you to get started posting. Introduce yourself and let us welcome you.