Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    edited December 2015
    jarubla said:
    Hello everyone, finally got around to this thread.

Name is Phillip, 20, live in Northeast PA  been smoking for 2 years. I smoke anything except flavor infused stuff. I either get my sticks from my local B&M in scranton or off C.com. I smoke about 5-7 sticks a week usually above the 50 ring guage. I find smaller sticks get too hot for me. (I do draw about once a minute but I am a big guy so I might draw too much lol).  But some favorites include: Manowars, La Aroma de Cuba, Obsidians, Padrons, Various Gurkhas (I know I know), Perdomos, Montecristo (just the white series from time to time), Olivas, American Legions, 

(Also how do you change my forum name. Its Cigarfanatic but I want something else, but this blasted thing won't let me).
    Hi @CigarFanatic and welcome

I am gonna tag @krebsie for getting your name changed

-Jay
    @CigarFanatic - Send me a PM with what you want it to be and I will see what I can do,  thanks
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump to the top
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi my name is Allan, 45, live here in beautiful So. California and just started smoking cigars. Purchased a few samplers and have smoked a few of them. Just purchased the “Gurkha's Gargantuan Grab Bag Sampler” and looking forward to trying a few of them out. Just smoked my first “Cohiba Red Dot”. It was very easy to smoke and very enjoyable :)  Really enjoy this form and have learned a lot!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Allan. There's some awesome people to introduce you to many more cigar idulgencances here. Tell us what you like best about what your trying and if you like them great. If not let us introduce you to other great sticks. No mater what glad to have you join us and hope you get to know the group.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Allan aka @WaterNerd
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Allen, these guys are great and make sure to ask any questions you have. 
  • UseAsDirectedUseAsDirected Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:

Hi my name is Allan, 45, live here in beautiful So. California and just started smoking cigars. Purchased a few samplers and have smoked a few of them. Just purchased the “Gurkha's Gargantuan Grab Bag Sampler” and looking forward to trying a few of them out. Just smoked my first “Cohiba Red Dot”. It was very easy to smoke and very enjoyable :)  Really enjoy this form and have learned a lot!

Welcome Allan! @WaterNerd

I would recommend visiting this place when you have a moment! :)
    http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/340006/newbie-trading-thread#latest
    "Even a fool has a talent"
    -That one guy
  • KeiranKeiran Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Might as well stop lurking now that a good chunk of people I know are participating on the forums. I'm Kellan from Utah. Been smoking cigars for about 1 1/2 years now. I buy from C.com and various other sites if I can't find what I'm looking for on C.com. My favorite cigar is probably the Hemmingway Short Story. I'll also grab an occasional Padron 1926 No. 35, RyJ Veijo R, and an Ave Maria Morning Star. You might notice a trend. I like shorter sticks (especially perfecto shaped, don't know why). I don't smoke very often, especially in the Winter, so one might say I am a very occasional smoker. Every now and then, I'll grab some sticks I've never tried from the Cigar.com build your own sampler kit.

@jarubla, I blame you for spreading the sickness.
    Oh it's on!

I am very very glad you joined :)

Kellan, aka @Keiran is my cigar godfather. He directly influenced me in this wonderful passion, as well as instilling in me a deep appreciation for Suntory whiskies.

Glad you are here!!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

Keiran said:
    Might as well stop lurking now that a good chunk of people I know are participating on the forums. I'm Kellan from Utah. Been smoking cigars for about 1 1/2 years now. I buy from C.com and various other sites if I can't find what I'm looking for on C.com. My favorite cigar is probably the Hemmingway Short Story. I'll also grab an occasional Padron 1926 No. 35, RyJ Veijo R, and an Ave Maria Morning Star. You might notice a trend. I like shorter sticks (especially perfecto shaped, don't know why). I don't smoke very often, especially in the Winter, so one might say I am a very occasional smoker. Every now and then, I'll grab some sticks I've never tried from the Cigar.com build your own sampler kit.

@jarubla, I blame you for spreading the sickness.
    @Keiran is a good guy! Happy to see him join! 

It is true @jarubla spreads the sickness but it's a good one
    -That one guy
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
    Bump
    -That one guy
    Bump

Ok, sorry to ask this but what does that mean when people say Bump?

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Bump

Just commenting so it gets bumped to the top of the page. Took me a bit to figure that one out myself.
    Bump

Just commenting so it gets bumped to the top of the page. Took me a bit to figure that one out myself.

Thanks Charlie, I think. Ha
    Some people also say BTTT

Back to the top  :p
    -That one guy
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good evening  B)
    My name is Wayne. I've enjoyed cigars since I was about 11 and gut-shot a rabbit. My dad gave me a locally rolled maduro churchill to cover the smell while I cleaned it. I've been lucky enough to marry a woman who absolutely loves the smell of cigars, and encourages me in my habits. I've got a fairly busy job, and 3 kids. So I plan to lurk more than post, but I figured I should pop in and say hello.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Wayne.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Wylaff said:
    Good evening  B)
    My name is Wayne. I've enjoyed cigars since I was about 11 and gut-shot a rabbit. My dad gave me a locally rolled maduro churchill to cover the smell while I cleaned it. I've been lucky enough to marry a woman who absolutely loves the smell of cigars, and encourages me in my habits. I've got a fairly busy job, and 3 kids. So I plan to lurk more than post, but I figured I should pop in and say hello.
    Welcome Wayne! 

A good place to start your adventure is 
    http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/340006/newbie-trading-thread/p1

Plus, you get to try new cigars :)
    -That one guy
    Welcome Wylaff. We take lurkers too. There's some og lurking out there that don't have the urge to post at the minute.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Welcome @Wylaff
    Glad you found this Wayne, lots of info!
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank Ya'll.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all!  It's been awhile since I checked on this, nice to see new faces and hear new voices.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Been posting stuff but not sure if it's working. Posts seem to be there for a second then they are not. If someone could reply I'd appreciate it
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What us up with your prison ID handle? We have to get you another screen name
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Trying to change that, thanks! Haven't had a prison # in 20 years! Lol
    Welcome @Bigsmoke78 stay out the big house and ashup