Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Shawn!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard.  Boston? Feel sorry fer ya dude.. 

Your in the right place. Top shelf BOTL'S here that are eager to spread the disease  (it's a good one). 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Shawn
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    Welcome aboard.  Boston? Feel sorry fer ya dude.. 

Your in the right place. Top shelf BOTL'S here that are eager to spread the disease  (it's a good one). 
    Boston wasn't by choice, dragged here by my mom from SoCal when I was 12.   This place (MA.) is anti-everything.  lol.   Thanks for the big welcome folks.  I hope to get to know you all well and enjoy the conversations and knowledge available.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to meet you Shawn. Great group of people here.
    Jus funnin 
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Shawn,this is a great place with lots of people who are willing to help out the newbs. 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, Shawn.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Shawn
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to have you here, Shawn!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    kswildcat said:
    Jus funnin 
    Didn't take it any other way.  It's all good.  Thanks for the warm welcome folks.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Lol, now a need a Towelie.

Bump  :)
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how are you all doing?
    my name is randy from green valley az, a somewhat new cigar smoke. I have looked through this forum for ideas on keeping cigars humid in a dry climate.
    i started with a 20 count humidor, quickly graduated to a 50 count and now have dusted off an old unused wine cooler that was in storage as i do not drink wine and summertime temps are extreme here. why grow bugs if you can get around it. look forward to meeting you all on the forums.
    A little dirt never hurt
    edited February 2016
    Welcome again Randy.. 

Few people in your neck of the woods that will be way more help on keeping your stogies right to light.. A lot of kewl peeps here eager to spread the disease and help you along the way..
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @dirtdude
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Welcome randy @dirtdude
    Non Crux sed lux
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Randy
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome randy 
    Welcome randy! Heading to the post office on Monday morning. If you would like to sign up for the newsletter, pm me your address
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Randy. Recommend you sign up for the news letter. Lots of great info for you  :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Randy. Great group of insane BOTL here.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    @dirtdude newsletter went out this morning, should get it in about 2 days!
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Randy.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Randy the newsletter is great,pay attention to the first article 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for it. Waiting for the UPS guy on cigar delivery day is like waiting for Santa on xmas
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    I'm waiting for it. Waiting for the UPS guy on cigar delivery day is like waiting for Santa on xmas
    For sure,every diesel you hear sends you runnin for the front door.fun stuff 
    Non Crux sed lux
    Welcome aboard Dirtdude.  Seems like this is the best place to hang out, make some new friends and learn everything cigar related.