Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Guitarded and @Llado1
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome fellow newbies!!
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome guys
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well hello,my name is johnnyB. Been smoking cigars for about a year now. The wife and kids got me a 30 count humidor for Christmas. I have found that I love the leaf more than I expected. At first I thought I was more into a mild body cigar,but I'm finding i love a good medium body. Have ordered a few samplers from cigar.com. have been very pleased with them all so far. I have learned much on this forum,so thank you all for your contributions 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Johnny B
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums Johnny
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! This place will break you (in a good way). I remember being happy with a 20 count, and knowing exactly what was in there.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Welcome Johnny 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum @johnnyB

@UseAsDirected @Keiran @breandono we have another Utahn!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Thanks for the great welcoming. Looking forward to learning all I can on here.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTTT 
    jarubla said:
    Welcome to the forum @johnnyB

@UseAsDirected @Keiran @breandono we have another Utahn!
    I like to think of them as fellow utards. Ha ha 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Hello to all. I am Michael. I moved from Chicago to Albuquerque NM about 10 years ago and love the high desert. A golf balls flys further here ( thin air ) and cigars are less expensive if you buy them on the native reservation (less tax). I started smoking cigars in the boom of the 90s, quit for a while, now really enjoying them again. I enjoy A. Fuentes of course, and anything AJ Fernandez makes!! Have had great service from Cigar.com! More info at a later date.

Return fire for a welcoming bomb.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump it up
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Guitarded said:
    Hello to all. I am Michael. I moved from Chicago to Albuquerque NM about 10 years ago and love the high desert. A golf balls flys further here ( thin air ) and cigars are less expensive if you buy them on the native reservation (less tax). I started smoking cigars in the boom of the 90s, quit for a while, now really enjoying them again. I enjoy A. Fuentes of course, and anything AJ Fernandez makes!! Have had great service from Cigar.com! More info at a later date.

Welcome Michael!

Always great to meet new botls in the area... well kinda ... does 3 hours close count? lol,

Anyways im south of ya in cruces next time in in the duke city I will hit you up for a mini herf!

Aj.

Guitarded said:

Welcome Michael!

Always great to meet new botls in the area... well kinda ... does 3 hours close count? lol,

Anyways im south of ya in cruces next time in in the duke city I will hit you up for a mini herf!

Aj.

Nice to met you Aj. Let me know when you are in town! Would be my pleasure.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya, my name is Chris and I'm from California, born and raised in SoCal and moved up to the NorCal Bay Area in time for the tech bubble.  I've been back to smoking pipes and cigars again for a couple years after a couple decade hiatus.  Bengal Slices was my favorite pipe tobacco back then and the new incarnation of Bengal Slices tastes pretty good to me now.  Most of the other blends I like also have Latakia in them.  Back then I was smoking mostly Hoyo de Monterrey Excaliburs and Arturo Fuente sticks and now it seems like there's a whole new wave of cigars to try, not to mention flavored cigars.  

I brewed beer in college and now I roast coffee and play with lever espresso machines and bake sourdough breads.  I even played with whiskey barrel chunks to flavor green coffees and fauhibas, the coffee was good but I think it was too much for the cigars, good think they weren't that great to begin with, but it was a fun experiment.

@Peter4jc was telling me that this cigar forum has a great bunch of members, so I thought I'd come over here and check it out.  Glad to be here.

-Chris
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, Chris.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Chris and Peter is correct
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Welcome chris,I'm still a newb around here but in my short time on the forum I've found that these people are great.
    Very helpful 

Non Crux sed lux
    Welcome Chris !
    Welcome. 
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Chris  :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Chris.  It was nice to meet you the other night on the vherf.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Chris!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A belated welcome to ALL the new guys. I haven't been on as much in the last couple of months. Glad to have y'all join us.  I have meet a few of you v-herfin' :)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been recommended that I formally introduce myself in this thread, so here goes...

My name is Shawn, I'm in my mid-40s and I live near Boston.  

Before the wife and kids came along I'd tried a few really cheap cigars and enjoyed them well enough, but hadn't really found them to be something I would do regularly.  Not too long ago I decided to order some cigars and have a go at it.  I ordered a 12ct premium sampler and a cheap 20ct humidor that came with some pretty sad cheapo sticks.  I intended to mostly smoke the cheapies every couple of days and just have a premium once per week.  Didn't work out that way.  A cheapy at work and a premium after dinner every day expended them all pretty quickly.  I just ordered a 125ct humidor and a bunch of dirt-cheap cigars to keep me going while I learn which premiums I prefer and will eventually fill 'er up with.

I'll likely be asking a lot of noob questions so be prepared.  ;)

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.