Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Bigsmoke78Bigsmoke78 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    My name is wade, definitely a newbie, but loving stogies. Got a taste for that habano spice, and haven't looked back since! Favorites include Olivia, and AJ.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to change that, thanks! Haven't had a prison # in 20 years! Lol
    Welcome bro! Looking forward to you guys getting involved!!
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Welcome @Bigsmoke78 !
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the latest batch of new guys. 
  • UseAsDirectedUseAsDirected Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! That's a nice stick :)
    "Even a fool has a talent"
    -That one guy
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Edward here, from Cape Cod. I just stumbled on this forum after putting in an order at Ccom. Been smoking cigars for about a year now and slowly learning. Recently been exploring cigars with Cameroon wrappers to get some idea about what's out there. I also smoke a pipe and use nasal snuff. 
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, Edward. 
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to @Bigsmoke78 & @silvermouse B)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:
    Welcome, guys! Hope you stick around and join in the shenanigans 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome guys! Great bunch of brothers here, hope stick around
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Edward here, from Cape Cod. I just stumbled on this forum after putting in an order at Ccom. Been smoking cigars for about a year now and slowly learning. Recently been exploring cigars with Cameroon wrappers to get some idea about what's out there. I also smoke a pipe and use nasal snuff. 
    Nasal snuff??? What is this the 1700's, or depending on the snuff the1980's.  Welcome to the board.  
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumplestilskin
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devildog1 said:
    Nasal snuff??? What is this the 1700's, or depending on the snuff the1980's.  Welcome to the board.  
    I believe there is a factory in England in operation that has continually made snuff the same way since about then.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Samuel Gawith, Gawith and Hoggarth,and Wilsons of Sharrow are all well established makers of snuff;  newcomers are Abraxas, Sir Walter Scott, and Toque. 
    I would have a hard time snorting anything called Abraxas... Isn't that the cleaner in Fallout?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    That would be "Abraxo". Abraxas snuffs are made by a retired London cop, really fine 'boutique' quality. It's also the name of a Santana album from the early '70s, among other things.
    Gotcha

• kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of nasal snuff. I was like surely this guy isn't snorting Copenhagen  lol
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello to all. I am Michael. I moved from Chicago to Albuquerque NM about 10 years ago and love the high desert. A golf balls flys further here ( thin air ) and cigars are less expensive if you buy them on the native reservation (less tax). I started smoking cigars in the boom of the 90s, quit for a while, now really enjoying them again. I enjoy A. Fuentes of course, and anything AJ Fernandez makes!! Have had great service from Cigar.com! More info at a later date.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Welcome  :)

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Michael
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Michael!  Tell us about your username, if you would.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Michael. You just stepped into the greatest group of botl anyone could care to meet.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
    Welcome
  • Llado1Llado1 Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Hey guys! My name is Adam and I just got around to smoking cigars after I finished up college just this past summer. I thought this would be a good place to start for a broader range and greater advice on cigars... Haha unless we're all just smoking cigars, getting drunk and talking from our azzes. Either way, I learned cigars really take a back seat to the real interest here which is getting to meet all the great people on here and those who hold the same hobby. In sum... Hahaha can't wait to meet all you jackazzes.

By the Way... Georgia shout out!!
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Adam
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Welcome and make sure you ask away.