CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but I'm not from "Our Kansas" ;)
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    El bumpo magnifico!
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crisius:
    My name is Dane, I'm in Western WA state. Got into Cigars a bit last year with a few Rocky Patels, have had 11 of those (all but 1 was the 15th anniversary) and none of them have unraveled on me. Had a few Swisher sweets, but those aren't the same kind of joy. Got the 5 Vegas Tradicion Humidor/Cigar combo pack for my 26th Bday this year, down to 1 Cigar left and have enjoyed every one of them. Looking forward to my time here and hopefully a long life filled with good smokes. ;)
    What part of western WA?
    North or South?
    Or should I say, wet or wetter? ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

My name is Jay and I hail from Utah, the land of 50% markups on retail (both cigar and alcohol) and hefty sin tax. That being said, the mountains here are fantastic, so if you are an outdoorsy type person (I am--fishing, hiking, moutain biking, hunting, etc), the locale is pretty damned hard to beat. Four distinct seasons, neighbors who leave you the hell alone once you tell them you smoke and drink, and a very low crime rate all add up to make for a nice place to live. We may not have the lottery, but we sure do win when it comes to scenery (Moab/Arches, Zion, The Uintas, Great Basin National Parks to name a few). I am new to cigars, but have enjoyed Nub (seems to pair well with Balvenie). My first order form c.com is slated to arrive Monday. Looking forward to learning a *** ton from all y'all

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Jay.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jay
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! Which Balvenie? I love the double wood and it seems to go great with lots of smokes. For a spicier cigar I like Talisker 10. It really brings the pepper and citrus up front.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new members ive not had the Pleasure to meet yet.. :)
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Welcome! Which Balvenie? I love the double wood and it seems to go great with lots of smokes. For a spicier cigar I like Talisker 10. It really brings the pepper and citrus up front.

Absolutely the doublewood (12)!

Although I have a beady eye on this beauty next:

https://us.thebalvenie.com/our-range/caribbean-cask-aged-14-years

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla:
    Gray4lines:
    Absolutely the doublewood (12)! Although I have a beady eye on this beauty next: https://us.thebalvenie.com/our-range/caribbean-cask-aged-14-years -Jay
    That Caribbean cask looks good!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Hello cigar community. My name is Adrian and I have about 6 months since I have gotten into cigars and started collecting and learning the ropes. I would like to start off by saying that I am fairly young for a cigar enthusiast. When people ask me why I smoke cigars my response will forever be the same. When I light up my cigar and do my cigar ritual smoking different kinds of cigars brings me back to special occasions or parts in my life that will be forever etched in my mind. Cigars for me are not just about smoking it's about the commodity with those you enjoy with. My love for cigars is on another level. The reason why smoking cigars is so special is because it's one of the things I got to do and enjoy with my mom. We would sit outside for hours and just talk about anything. We would forget about lifes daily problems and stress and just unwind with good cigars and two people that leaned on one another to take over lifes obstacles. I am sad to say that my mom has passed away and now every time I light up a cigar I remember those happy times I had with her and will continue that ritual until I am no longer on this earth because that brings me peace. I think that's why stories like this make the cigar community such a blessing to be part of. Everyone has a story that they hold.Near and dear to there heart. I appreciate for the cigar community for taking time and reading this. Happy smoking and may every cigar smoker find that cigar that takes them back to happy times.
  • Options
    Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about your mom, but it is great that you are continuing on in her memory. Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forms Adrian. I hope you find good company here and stick around.
  • Options
    Thank you for your kind words
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum Adrian. Have you signed up for the newsletter yet?
  • Options
    716SMOKE716SMOKE Posts: 22
    AdrianZamudio@gmail; thanks for sharing! Absolutely correct when you say cigars bring us together and peace and quiet when burned alone! I'm a newbie as well and have much to learn, been smoking/building a collection for about a year... Looking forward to many more! Anyways take care and happy smoking!
  • Options
    716SMOKE:
    AdrianZamudio@gmail; thanks for sharing! Absolutely correct when you say cigars bring us together and peace and quiet when burned alone! I'm a newbie as well and have much to learn, been smoking/building a collection for about a year... Looking forward to many more! Anyways take care and happy smoking!
    Let's get you signed up for the newsletter too. PM me your address please.
  • Options
    716SMOKE716SMOKE Posts: 22
    Yeah that's not happening... Within hours of joining yesterday I learned posting or sharing my address here is a bad idea... That said u can go ahead and post that news letter right here ;) thanks boss! Nice try tho!
  • Options
    Charlie has a great newsletter, I loved it when he sent me mine.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    716SMOKE:
    Yeah that's not happening... Within hours of joining yesterday I learned posting or sharing my address here is a bad idea... That said u can go ahead and post that news letter right here ;) thanks boss! Nice try tho!
    Sorry about that.

Well, sort of.

;)

It's not often I get to toss someone under the bus, but something about the tone of your introduction told me you were going to fit in here.

Happy herfing!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Welcome all new folks!! (please leave your address in a PM to me) ;)
  • Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    hey, im new to the forum. sorry I didn't see this thread and posted my intro to the general discussion.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to all the new folks who've joined this week!!

grab a smoke, kick back relax, and enjoy. great group of people here; hope you all stick!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    Hello, everyone! New to this and all forums so not sure what to expect.

Truly enjoy my family and time away from family enjoying cigars and golf :)

• Options
    ForceRForceR Posts: 14
    New to the Forum and I enjoy a nice cigar every afternoon on the dock at work. I'm from upstate NY and hate the cold. Gofigure.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big welcome to ALL the FNGs! Quite a big batch of newbies we got this week :)
  • Options
    BUMP.

Hey @bott@cigar.com can we sticky this?  Please?

• Options
    an actual stickied thread??!?!!!!?!?!
    :+1:

what a day to be alive.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this news letter you are speaking of? 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter