Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    finally... this thread is a sticky.

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting tired of learning new names. Go away new people. 
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    by all means, after you...
  • armyvetarmyvet Posts: 37
     Greetings to everyone and thank you in advance to everyone that welcomes me. 
     I reside in my home state of Wisconsin ( I know I am a cheese head ). I  found it unbelievable this name wasn't taken. As the name goes I was in the Army. Some places I served Ft. Sill, Ft.Knox, Ft. Hood, Red Sands, Germany. There's a few more but not as long as those places. 
     I ride a scoot which my wife comes along every ride. I watch Hockey and Boxing some racing not a NASCAR fan. You might guess I shoot a few weapons my favorite is a 45acp. I reload a lot since the whole family shoots.
    I joined this forum for furthering my knowledge. You have a very nice forum here I hope I can contribute in some minor way. I look forward to spirited conversations involving numerous topics.
     I appreciate your time reading my introduction.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Eulogy said:
    I'm getting tired of learning new names. Go away new people. 
    Easy Kemosabe
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the site.
    armyvet said:
     I reside in my home state of Wisconsin ( I know I am a cheese head ). I  found it unbelievable this name wasn't taken. As the name goes I was in the Army. Some places I served Ft. Sill, Ft.Knox, Ft. Hood, Red Sands, Germany. There's a few more but not as long as those places. 
     I ride a scoot which my wife comes along every ride. I watch Hockey and Boxing some racing not a NASCAR fan. You might guess I shoot a few weapons my favorite is a 45acp. I reload a lot since the whole family shoots.
    I joined this forum for furthering my knowledge. You have a very nice forum here I hope I can contribute in some minor way. I look forward to spirited conversations involving numerous topics.
    Welcome to the forums. I hope you stick around, there's a lot of awesome people here and a lot of knowledge to gleam from others. 
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome new guys!
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello All!

Pretty new to this, and just joined the forum.  I have recently developed a true love for cigar smoking, and am now in the process of finding what I really like, trying many different types of cigars.  This is actually really exciting to get started into.  I am looking forward to learning a lot from others here, and hopefully can find a few folks to burn one with in the Chicagloland area, as none of my current friends smoke.  LOL

Thanks!

Darrin

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    Welcome to the forum Darrin. This is a great place to learn about cigars, and meet great people.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skydiverD said:

Hello All!

Pretty new to this, and just joined the forum.  I have recently developed a true love for cigar smoking, and am now in the process of finding what I really like, trying many different types of cigars.  This is actually really exciting to get started into.  I am looking forward to learning a lot from others here, and hopefully can find a few folks to burn one with in the Chicagloland area, as none of my current friends smoke.  LOL

Thanks!

Darrin

Where abouts the Chicago land area are you?  I'm in the northwest suburbs.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    edited May 2015
    skydiverD said:

Hello All!

Thanks!

Darrin

Where abouts the Chicago land area are you?  I'm in the northwest suburbs.
    Nice to have you here Darrin. Let's wait to see if this is a Chicago love connection.  B)

Hi guys, not sure how to do the quote thing here, but thanks for replying!  I am out in the west burbs, Oswego. 

I know where Lake Zurich is, my best bud lived there for years, and just moved recently.  It's a bit of a cruise but sure we can get together somewhere. 

I found a nice cigar lounge out here by me in Naperville.  I will start searching for others as well. 

Use the "quote" on the bottom of the post. Welcome to the board. 
    -- Winston Churchill

skydiverD said:

Hi guys, not sure how to do the quote thing here, but thanks for replying!  I am out in the west burbs, Oswego. 

I know where Lake Zurich is, my best bud lived there for years, and just moved recently.  It's a bit of a cruise but sure we can get together somewhere. 

I found a nice cigar lounge out here by me in Naperville.  I will start searching for others as well. 

I'd be game to meet up in Naperville at some point.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    @Patrickbrick

soubds good bro. Getting ready to head out on a 12 day vacation.
    Huh. Didnt post my entire comment.

i ended with, possible late June.  And of course, let's go Hawks!
  • SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the threads!
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Armyvet and skydiver!!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome fellas!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

skydiverD said:
    Huh. Didnt post my entire comment.

i ended with, possible late June.  And of course, let's go Hawks!
    Sounds good, I think I may be able to help with your lack of inventory as well.
    MOW badge received.
    @Patrickbrick   I just stopped by the naperville lounge yedterday.  Called the Bull & Bear bullandbearnaperville.com  Nice place.  Only drawback was they dont serve drinks.  I like to have a cold one or two with a smoke.  But they have a nice humi with a good selection, and met some nice folks in there.  I picked up a Don Thomas Sun Grown and a Partagas 1845.

We can find a place more in between us, preferably one that serves drinks.

I just got bombed here by another member!  Bob Lutz.  He sent me a handful of potential everyday smokes.  I must say this community is freaking awesome.  I had no idea.  So glad I ventured into here.  I cannot wait to be able to pay this stuff forward!

You won't find one that serves alcohol for that is illegal in this state, however there are byobs.  I know of a few, but they are by me.  Il look around and see what I can come up with.
    MOW badge received.
    Just another reason I hate living in IL. Someday soon, I'll live in a real state. LOL. Lemme know what you find. I can bring alcohol. :)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    armyvet said:
    Welcome. Thank you for serving. And, thanks for joining the forum. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16 said:
    finally... this thread is a sticky.

Nice. Can you edit the first post of a sticky thread? I made a list of abbreviations/acronyms and in the past I would add new stuff to the list (first post). I can't edit it anymore. 

http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/766147/acronyms-abbreviations-thread-a-a-thread-useful-terms-listed-also/p1
  • kjburnskjburns Posts: 4
    Greets all. I'm going through a cigar revival and enjoying it. My humidor was sitting there, with occasional maintenance and a cigar leaving the herd once in a while. Lately, I've gotten back in there grabbing one per day instead of one per quarter.

Back in 2008, I started with the La Gloria Cubana Artisanos de Miami Elegante based on ratings. I've tried a few others, but stuck with those. I just picked up some Daniel Marshall Red Label Churchills and I do really like them.

I think my rekindled cigar love is largely based on our recent move to Tucson. Our house is up high on a hill, with a view of the entire city from a screened porch AKA an Arizona room. It's a great place to kick back, check out the city lights and smoke one.
    Welcome to the forums. Lots of good folk here sharing lots of good knowledge and other things as you will see.
    -- Winston Churchill

Welcome to the forum.