Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up this stuff locally called Matterhorn based off a shop employee's recomendation. Holy smokes it is so good. Gave me a free little sampler and he knew what he was doing. I am hooked. Going back to get a few ounces or 50. Has this note of a sweet spice I think is like a cinnamon graham cracker but I am going to have to smoke more to pinpoint it. 
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early morning pipe in a benton churchwarden
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five Brothers in a cob
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wessex Gold plug in the Walther

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Squadron Leader in my Meer lined Carey Magic Inch rusticated poker, not my favorite pipe. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
     Had a bowl of Old Joe Krantz on the drive in last night, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Virginia, Perique and Burly play together with all three taking turns at the front.    
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Smoking Russ' Monthly Blend - Cavendish in the Woods
    Again tonight. So good
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    OJK in the Comoy's bulldog,  not the best combination. I  think the chamber is to narrow,  plus somehow I managed to get some wax in the chamber, yuck 
  • Options

Briar Works Bacon Old Fashioned in an Alan Stevenson pot
  • Options
    Finished off some Matterhorn in the cob I packed three days ago. Was so windy I had to give up. Crazy windy. Was going to fire up some We Three Kings but the wind won. 
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Squadron Leader in my Meer lined Carey Magic Inch rusticated poker, not my favorite pipe. 
    I just got a tin of this.  Haven't tried it yet, but sure smells right to me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Dokha in a medwakh
  • Options
    Had some medal of valor and then some black cavendish
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
  • Options
    War Horse in a Sav Wilde. Good blend--burley, Kentucky, VA, perique.
  • Options
  • Options
    Three Nuns in a Ser Jacopo Picta Miro 05
    Modify message

• Options
    Lane 1Q in my Baraccini pocket pipe with some great Colombia coffee from a local cafe. image
  • Options
    Yak's Lat (my own blend) with espresso. Got dispatched to replace a card this morning so I didn't get my usual morning coffee. 

Yak's Lat:
    1/2 part PD Dark Fired Kentucky
    1 part Lane Medal of Valor
    1 part Latakia
    1-1/2 parts PS Highland whiskey

• Options
    Yakster said:
    Lane 1Q in my Baraccini pocket pipe with some great Colombia coffee from a local cafe. image
    I like that pipe! I have a 1970's German pipe that looks similar. Not in shape but finish. 

• Options
    I like the size, but the pipe cleaner won't pass from the shank into the bowl, but it smoked well. 
  • Options
    Five Brothers in a cob
  • Options
    Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River
    How is it even possible to disagree with this?
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Three Nuns in a Stanwell HCA 1 churchwarden.
  • Options
    Haunted Bookshop in a Crown Achievement pot 
  • Options
    I have always been intrigued by that blend but haven't tried it yet. I may get a tin. What are your thoughts? 
  • Options
    Night Train
  • Options
    jsnake said:
    I have always been intrigued by that blend but haven't tried it yet. I may get a tin. What are your thoughts? 
    Smokes well as is,  the Virginia's and Perique play well together and the Burly starts to show up just past the halfway point and adds a nice nic kick. It's a bit rough around the edges fresh but will mature nicely. It's worth a few ozs. Jar a couple and smoke a couple.
  • Options
    War Horse in a lattice meer billiard here (and a pinch of Pontefract Priory snuff); expecting a few inches of snow and some rain this evening.